Koni sports + HR vs Tein coil overs??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 01:26 AM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
Koni sports + HR vs Tein coil overs??

i have a 2009 TL SH-AWD thst has stick shocks and H&R springs. My car has 100k and I’ve been running the springs long enough that I’m sure my stock shocks are worn out. The car feels floaty and less composed than it used to.

i had thought about doing Tein coilovers but now I’m wondering if it would be better to just get quality shocks like Koni yellow / sports and use my existing springs.

any thoughts? I don’t car about ride height adjustability - the current drop is fine with me. I’m mostly concerned with handljng and being able to adjust the rebound it I want to have it be harder or softer.

I’m not going to buy EDFC if I get Tein. so either setup will only be manually adjusted.

Cost at will probably be similar either way.

thanks in advance for any suggestions

Old 05-24-2019, 08:58 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R with Koni FSD shocks

[QUOTE=23109VC;16358575]

i have a 2009 TL SH-AWD thst has stick shocks and H&R springs. My car has 100k and I’ve been running the springs long enough that I’m sure my stock shocks are worn out. The car feels floaty and less composed than it used to.

i had thought about doing Tein coilovers but now I’m wondering if it would be better to just get quality shocks like Koni yellow / sports and use my existing springs.

any thoughts? I don’t car about ride height adjustability - the current drop is fine with me. I’m mostly concerned with handljng and being able to adjust the rebound it I want to have it be harder or softer.

I’m not going to buy EDFC if I get Tein. so either setup will only be manually adjusted.

Cost at will probably be similar either way.

thanks in advance for any suggestions
Did you ever go with this setup? Did you ever find out if it would change the ride height when you add the Koni FSD?
Old 05-24-2019, 08:58 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R Springs and adding Koni FSD shocks

Did you ever go with this setup? Did you ever find out if it would change the ride height when you add the Koni FSD?
Old 05-27-2019, 09:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
DO NOT GO WITH THE KONI FSD!!!!!!!! After 5K miles on them they are GARBAGE and blown!

You have a few options if you want to change ride height and comfort:

1. Stock system upgraded (factory springs, Koni yellow shocks) - Factory height and comfort with adjustable dampening.
2. Stiffer Springs from Eibach (factory height or lowered) with koni yellows for better handling and comfort.
3. Koni Yellow + Eibach Springs + Ground Control Kit so you can convert the koni into a height adjustable system like a coilover.
4. Coilover such as Tein, BC, etc.

I'm in the same boat as I was a few months ago due to the crap FSD shocks. They feel very sloppy and like jello now with mostly highway driving.