Help with wheels & tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with wheels & tires

So I'm looking to get a new set of rims and tires. I'm trying to buy used to save some money.

I have a 2012 TL Elite SH-AWD (advance)

Oem rims are 19 with offset of 55 hub size is 64.1

Finding a few bmw rims and tires that are 18inch with offset if 35 18x8.5 72.6 bore

Will these fit? What will I need to do to make em fit? Is there bmw rims that are 5x120.68 and to watch out for those?

Thanks for any input I'm a rookie to this stuff
Old 01-18-2017, 02:08 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you will need hubcentric rings for the difference in bore, any wheel and tire shop will sell to you
Old 01-19-2017, 06:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
RonJon Wheels are built specifically for Honda and Acura vehicles. We have a 19" wheel that fits perfectly. They don't need spacers because of the custom fender friendly perfectly lined up +32mm (aggressive) or a +38mm (conservative) offset. NO NEED FOR HUB RINGS because we make our wheels to ONLY fit Acura with a specific 64.1 centerbore for a perfectly centered wheel position and zero vibrations. Everything is built into the wheel specifically for the 2012 TL, no compromises. They are also lighter than stock and stronger. We also sell the spline drive thin wall socket key to go with the supplied spline locking lug nuts. Comes with the choice of 2 center caps and vehicle emblems. Give me a call or contact me from any method from my sig below. I'll take care of you personally.

Last edited by rondog; 01-19-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:39 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzkanda6
So I'm looking to get a new set of rims and tires. I'm trying to buy used to save some money.

I have a 2012 TL Elite SH-AWD (advance)

Oem rims are 19 with offset of 55 hub size is 64.1

Finding a few bmw rims and tires that are 18inch with offset if 35 18x8.5 72.6 bore

Will these fit? What will I need to do to make em fit? Is there bmw rims that are 5x120.68 and to watch out for those?

Thanks for any input I'm a rookie to this stuff
Personally I would stick with the factory 19's over downgrading to a 18" ran on bmws. Another thing to keep in mind is bmw's run staggered (except X drive) which is not really recommended for the AWD system as it can add stress on the drive shaft due to added weight. I've managed but I also bought a set of rims and tires that are square.

If I were you, I would wait and save up for the rims and size you want rather than rushing and buying used just to have new wheels. You'd be surprised at how many people want your oem 19's. I have a buddy ready to buy them now. He's been trying to offer up for mine but I refuse to sell.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

P.S. Spring/Summer will offer you a better selection on wheels and tires.