turn signal assembly

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 02:46 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turn signal assembly

'ello folks,

i have an '09 tl. a few months ago a rock went through my passenger side turn signal assembly.

and now the turning signal bulb finally went out and it's time for me to deal with it.

my question to the masses is, is it possible for a gimp car guy to replace the turn signal assembly by myself or should i go straight to a shop?

i went to advance autoparts and got ripped off on a pair of bulbs, so i'm looking to see what it would take to just fix everything and prevent another bulb going on.

thanks,
-bhajun
Old 01-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by bhajun
'ello folks,

i have an '09 tl. a few months ago a rock went through my passenger side turn signal assembly.

and now the turning signal bulb finally went out and it's time for me to deal with it.

my question to the masses is, is it possible for a gimp car guy to replace the turn signal assembly by myself or should i go straight to a shop?

i went to advance autoparts and got ripped off on a pair of bulbs, so i'm looking to see what it would take to just fix everything and prevent another bulb going on.

thanks,
-bhajun
Return the bulbs and order a pair from amazon. The bulbs are very to swap and there's instructions in the Manual. The housing itself may be a little more involved but you should be able to do it without much trouble. A shop may charge an hour of labor.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:01 AM
LNJ
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
If it is anything like the 2012, there is only one bolt holding it in. Even though the repair manual showed you had to remove a bunch of stuff to get to it, you don't have to. Your hands can actually reach and touch the bolt so you just need a ratchet and adapter to get it off without removing anything else.