Trunk Light Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 175 Posts
Trunk Light Fuse

Anyone knows if there's a fuse for the trunk light? I installed a set of LED a while ago and all of the sudden it didn't light up. I try to replace with another LED light and it didn't work. I put back the stock 168 bulb and same thing. Just want to see if there's a fuse? I look into the manual and no luck.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by KB1Spec
Anyone knows if there's a fuse for the trunk light? I installed a set of LED a while ago and all of the sudden it didn't light up. I try to replace with another LED light and it didn't work. I put back the stock 168 bulb and same thing. Just want to see if there's a fuse? I look into the manual and no luck.
Are your vanity lights and your map lights not working either? If so, go to the fuze box under the hood and check the 7.5 amp fuze in slot #16.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Safety Car

Yes, I did check slot #16 They all works. Just the trunk didn't work. I also didn't mention this but it wasn't a biggie but the passenger side door under light doesnt work too. I think while I was installing my LED panel, I was trying to take out the stock light with a pair of plier and I guess it contacted against metal to metal and now that doesnt light up. I think I might burnt the module or harness. I check the fuse as well. nothing blown.....
Old 05-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, I did check slot #16 They all works. Just the trunk didn't work. I also didn't mention this but it wasn't a biggie but the passenger side door under light doesnt work too. I think while I was installing my LED panel, I was trying to take out the stock light with a pair of plier and I guess it contacted against metal to metal and now that doesnt light up. I think I might burnt the module or harness. I check the fuse as well. nothing blown.....
Did you ever figure out that trunk light issue?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Safety Car

I did actually. I have to replace a wiring harness because I guess it fried the connection by accident. I had my friend who is the engineer for Honda and solved the problem.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Chace
Did you ever figure out that trunk light issue?
The following users liked this post:
Steven Maslauskas Jr. (09-16-2020)
Old 05-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Intermediate

I did actually. I have to replace a wiring harness because I guess it fried the connection by accident. I had my friend who is the engineer for Honda and solved the problem.

Thanks!
By chance do you know which harness was it? Ive been looking online but I can't narrow it down. Did it take your friend that long the change it out?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey man, i just posted a new thread about this issue,

so what exactly is wrong with the trunk light???

i checked the fuse also in the engine bay. its fine.

i got the same issue as you.

how did you solve it??????? help please!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:59 AM
Safety Car

Did you swap out to some LED bulb on the trunk? I will need to find my wiring diagram. Because the wiring harness is on the front passenger side fuse box area.

Originally Posted by Silvermoon_Knight
hey man, i just posted a new thread about this issue,

so what exactly is wrong with the trunk light???

i checked the fuse also in the engine bay. its fine.

i got the same issue as you.

how did you solve it??????? help please!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:51 AM
Intermediate

Did you swap out to some LED bulb on the trunk? I will need to find my wiring diagram. Because the wiring harness is on the front passenger side fuse box area.
Yes I did install a LED bulb, it worked for about 2 uses (opening the trunk) then I noticed it stopped working.

But sounds good hopefully I am having the same issue!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Intermediate

I have an appointment with Acura tomorrow. Since it's under warranty I'm taking it in. I'll let y'all know what they come up with......
Old 05-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Intermediate

I have an appointment with Acura tomorrow. Since it's under warranty I'm taking it in. I'll let y'all know what they come up with......
Awesome, let us know how it goes! Then I'll take my car in as its under warranty also!
Old 05-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Intermediate

So I went to the dealer today to have them check out the trunk light. KB1Spec was right! There is a fuse and wire harness in the passenger side fuse box. They ordered the part. It should be there in a few days.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Intermediate

So I went to the dealer today to have them check out the trunk light. KB1Spec was right! There is a fuse and wire harness in the passenger side fuse box. They ordered the part. It should be there in a few days.
A fuse and wire harness in the passenger side?

I didn't know there was another fuse box or is it a hardness with a fuse together?

Either way I'll have the dealer check as well. I need to go anyways. So they can check the atf external filter and get that fixed as well.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Intermediate

There are 3 fuse boxes in the car. But yes it was fuse shorted harness that needed to be replaced. What's wrong with your ATF external filter?
Old 05-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Intermediate

There are 3 fuse boxes in the car. But yes it was fuse shorted harness that needed to be replaced. What's wrong with your ATF external filter?
Alright, this is good information. Thank you so much! I will not try to explain to them because they don't listen, they take it as if I am talking out the side of my neck not knowing wtf I am talking about lol

Well that filter is making this funny sound when I start the car up first thing in the morning. Its very common you can find people talking about it all over the forum.

It's just the filter needs to be replaced. And once again they don't want to listen to me. They want me to leave the car with them over night. Which I am not comfortable with.

Acura wants to inspect the car first so yeah. A hassle.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Safety Car

Good to know they solved your problem! How much was the harness? Because my friend just did it for me for free. Just curious

Old 05-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Intermediate

Good to know they solved your problem! How much was the harness? Because my friend just did it for me for free. Just curious
I'm not sure yet. My car is still under warranty. I hope they don't charge me. But I'll let you know when I take it in.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Safety Car

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Intermediate

I'm not sure yet. My car is still under warranty. I hope they don't charge me. But I'll let you know when I take it in.

When are you going back?
Old 05-17-2014, 02:35 AM
Intermediate

When are you going back?
Hopefully on Monday. They are supposed to call me when the part comes in. But I will be calling them on Monday.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Intermediate

Ok so I finally got my car back. Below is the part they replaced. This should help.
Home > ACURA > 38200-TK4-A12

ACURA BOX ASSY., DRIVER FUSE (38200TK4A12)
Sale Price: $214.60
List Price: $306.57
You Save: $91.97
Part Number : 38200-TK4-A12
Old 05-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Intermediate

Ok so I finally got my car back. Below is the part they replaced. This should help.
Home > ACURA > 38200-TK4-A12

ACURA BOX ASSY., DRIVER FUSE (38200TK4A12)
Sale Price: $214.60
List Price: $306.57
You Save: $91.97
Part Number : 38200-TK4-A12
That's expensive! Wow! How long did they take with your car?

Did you installed the original bulb back before you took it in?

Are you going to install the LED back in the trunk? Lol

All this was covered by the warranty right?
Old 05-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Safety Car

Wow...pricy...good thing my friend did it for me for free.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Intermediate

That's expensive! Wow! How long did they take with your car?

Did you installed the original bulb back before you took it in?

Are you going to install the LED back in the trunk? Lol

All this was covered by the warranty right?
They had my car for 2 days because they said the first part that came in was defected from the factory. So they over nighted it the next day. When I took it to the dealer i put the original bulb back in because I didn't want to them to say I was the reason why it was bad. As soon as I got home I verified that the light in the trunk goes off when I close it by looking through the passthrough in the back seat. Then I reinstalled the led bulb. It works great. All of this was covered in the warranty. I didn't pay anything.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Intermediate

They had my car for 2 days because they said the first part that came in was defected from the factory. So they over nighted it the next day. When I took it to the dealer i put the original bulb back in because I didn't want to them to say I was the reason why it was bad. As soon as I got home I verified that the light in the trunk goes off when I close it by looking through the passthrough in the back seat. Then I reinstalled the led bulb. It works great. All of this was covered in the warranty. I didn't pay anything.
Awesome, looks like I will have to take the care in very soon, but this will take a day at least. Sucks, hopefully the led doesn't mess up your wiring again... I am afraid of installing it back and doing damage lol.

So far my courtesy and license plate led lights are holding up good. No issues there.

Did you have to mention the car is under warranty etc, or they just took your car in and you walked out with a fixed car without saying a word about the warranty.?

Sorry about the questions. Its that this is my first "new" car. Lol.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Intermediate

Awesome, looks like I will have to take the care in very soon, but this will take a day at least. Sucks, hopefully the led doesn't mess up your wiring again... I am afraid of installing it back and doing damage lol.

So far my courtesy and license plate led lights are holding up good. No issues there.

Did you have to mention the car is under warranty etc, or they just took your car in and you walked out with a fixed car without saying a word about the warranty.?

Sorry about the questions. Its that this is my first "new" car. Lol.

Hey don't worry about asking questions, that's why we are here to help each other. But I put the led back in already just make sure that no metal between the two leads touch. I would suggest to unplug the light fixture from the harness and plug in the bulb before connecting it back to ensure no metal between the lead touch. I didn't say anything about the warranty. They treated as a factory defect.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

Hey don't worry about asking questions, that's why we are here to help each other. But I put the led back in already just make sure that no metal between the two leads touch. I would suggest to unplug the light fixture from the harness and plug in the bulb before connecting it back to ensure no metal between the lead touch. I didn't say anything about the warranty. They treated as a factory defect.

Thank you!, i appreciate the info, yes i did that when i installed the LED to prevent any shorts etc.

i made an appointment for tomorrow 6/16/14 at 9am.

let see what happens

i will you guys updated!