Side Mirror Repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Side Mirror Repair

I backed out of my garage and my driver side mirror clipped a wall. The outer shell with the turn signal light ripped right off and fell to the ground. The whole mirror is scratched & banged up. I put the mirror back together and the light, as well as motor, still works. I'm still able to move the mirror and I can physically fold the mirror as well. So it works.

Link: Photos

Looking at the photos I posted, do I just need Part#: 76251-TK4-A02ZM?
Here's the link: 76251-TK4-A02ZM
I took a lot of photos so you guys can judge for yourselves. I'm just worried I might have broken something else seeing that there are plastic tabs/plugs still in place but have been snapped off the outer housing. Let me know guys, means a lot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If it is true that only the housing needs replacing, is it necessary to disconnect the mirror? I can't find any guides as to how to take apart the mirror to replace the entire shell, if anyone has tips please share.
Thanks.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts
Yes, that is all you need. Check the turn signal strip and make sure it's not cracked inside. I had to replace my mirror too. The strip still worked but when i looked closer, it was broken in half.

If you order from www.acuraoemparts.com and use ACURAZINE , you can save 5% on your order since they are a vendor on this site. This is where I ordered my mirror assembly from.

You do have to take the mirror out to install the new housing. I replaced my entire housing because there was more damage to it than just the housing.

csmeance posted a jpg at the bottom of this thread.
How do I replace driver side mirror glass on '10 TL?

Originally Posted by drew211
I backed out of my garage and my driver side mirror clipped a wall. The outer shell with the turn signal light ripped right off and fell to the ground. The whole mirror is scratched & banged up. I put the mirror back together and the light, as well as motor, still works. I'm still able to move the mirror and I can physically fold the mirror as well. So it works.

Link: Photos

Looking at the photos I posted, do I just need Part#: 76251-TK4-A02ZM?
Here's the link: 76251-TK4-A02ZM
I took a lot of photos so you guys can judge for yourselves. I'm just worried I might have broken something else seeing that there are plastic tabs/plugs still in place but have been snapped off the outer housing. Let me know guys, means a lot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If it is true that only the housing needs replacing, is it necessary to disconnect the mirror? I can't find any guides as to how to take apart the mirror to replace the entire shell, if anyone has tips please share.
Thanks.