Rubber trim around window falling apart!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 09:43 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rubber trim around window falling apart!

The rubber trim that goes around the window is basically turning into a melted gooey mess I brought it to the dealership they know it's a problem but they say it's not under warranty period not even my extended warranty will cover it. Has anybody had this problem and fixed it themselves if so where did you buy the trim from and was it hard to install it? The dealer wanted $600 to replace it!
Old 05-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Advanced

Old 05-26-2017, 11:54 AM
zmt
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
For the record I have the same problem with my car. 5 years of hot south TX sun take their toll on the exterior rubber I guess. Check your roof moulding rubber as well because mine's cracked and falling apart as well. Does anyone have part #s for the window trim with those rubber pieces? I'm guessing it's one piece with the chrome + rubber.

eta: the car is now garaged at home and work, so it makes sense for me to replace those parts if I can find them for not too much $
Old 05-26-2017, 06:14 PM
Advanced

Yep my roof ones are cracked too but dry. My window ones are like a soft mush! I live in hot Vegas, parked on the garage but when at work it's out in the sun all day.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:17 PM
zmt
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, that's exactly how mine are. Different rubber/vinyl/butyl/whatever formulations. FWIW a G37 I looked at prior to buying my TL had the same issue, and was about the same $ to fix at the dealer. It would be nice if Acura would goodwill it as I don't really think it's normal wear and tear for a 5 year old car (in my case).