Headlight Condensation

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
Headlight Condensation

Hi guys I'm getting condensation in both of my headlights lately (2012 model). It's almost always after a car wash, I've searched on these forums and found that some people in colder climates (which I am) have cracks in the lenses, I can confirm that my lens are both in perfect condition.

Has anyone had this issue and had any luck replacing the gaskets on the HID's and DRL to solve this kind of issue? One thing I will say is that I run my HID's all the time day or night, so maybe that extra heat on hotter days wore the gaskets out prematurely? Thoughts?
Old 11-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by wreak
Hi guys I'm getting condensation in both of my headlights lately (2012 model). It's almost always after a car wash, I've searched on these forums and found that some people in colder climates (which I am) have cracks in the lenses, I can confirm that my lens are both in perfect condition.

Has anyone had this issue and had any luck replacing the gaskets on the HID's and DRL to solve this kind of issue? One thing I will say is that I run my HID's all the time day or night, so maybe that extra heat on hotter days wore the gaskets out prematurely? Thoughts?
Not telling you that you're wrong; I haven't seen your lights. But a cracked lens is the most common cause, and if you have both fogging, that's the most expected culprit. With that said, I would check the lenses again, as the cracks I've seen are right along an existing angle in the lens, and isn't obvious.

But perhaps it is something else.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:29 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts
It's probably a crack. I had one on my lower signal lights but the crack was apparent. I have Lamix'ed them + the fog lenses.