Update to no heat drivers side problem.. Not the blend doors... what now...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 01:44 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update to no heat drivers side problem.. Not the blend doors... what now...

So where do I go from here.. all the blend doors are working and flaps are opening and closing fine.. what else could be causing no heat to the drivers side???
Old 11-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
This is continued from this thread which is now closed.

Please do not post another thread when you get tired of waiting for a reply after only 2 days which is not a long time considering the weekend is usually slow.

These threads might be merged one of these days.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:53 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
Driver's Temperature Motor and/or Mode Motor. Parts are relatively inexpensive.

To check which one is defective just compare the driver side to passenger side as you cycle the temperature from hot to cold and visa versa. Note the movement of the passenger side's linkages as it cycles and compared it to the driver side.

The Driver side's motor is stuck or it's movement is limited so it's not letting the hot air in.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:56 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 01acls
Driver's Temperature Motor and/or Mode Motor. Parts are relatively inexpensive.

To check which one is defective just compare the driver side to passenger side as you cycle the temperature from hot to cold and visa versa. Note the movement of the passenger side's linkages as it cycles and compared it to the driver side.

The Driver side's motor is stuck or it's movement is limited so it's not letting the hot air in.
already checked the blend door motors and flap doors on the drivers side.. I did cycle back and forth and the motors are traveling all the way open and close and still not getting heat..
Old 11-25-2017, 11:34 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
You need to help yourself by stating what year and model car you have. Also disclosure all symptoms of your problem.

Unless you remove the heater motors there is no way to tell if the linkages are traveling fully. You need to manually operate each mode to see if it's the motor or the linkages or door that's binding.

Also there is a self diagnostic feature built into the climate control unit. You need to find out how to activate that. Perhaps someone with a service manual is kind enough to post it here for you?

Is there any air blowing at all on the driver side?

Old 11-26-2017, 06:33 AM
10th Gear

It's a 2009 tl sh-awd auto non nav.. I am getting great heat on pass side.. the driver's side does blow air out all the vents and have removed the lower panel and gone through the temp up and down and watched the blend doors travel the full range back and forth so they are working properly and and flaps are opening and closing also...
Old 11-27-2017, 11:13 AM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
Let me suggest a strange possibility that maybe you've checked already. When my TL was fairly new, my dealer noticed at a regular maintenance visit that there was evidence that a mouse had infiltrated my hvac system. The little bugger had been building a nest in there consisting mostly of ends of thread he had nibbled off a mop that was kept in our garage, supplemented by pieces of the cabin filter he had removed. Luckily he didn't get into the cabin itself before we found the issue. (In hindsight, I should have attached more significance to the pieces of bird seed he was roasting up on top of the intake manifold).

Is it possible you have a similar issue and the ducts to the driver's side are blocked?
Old 11-28-2017, 09:27 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
Let me suggest a strange possibility that maybe you've checked already. When my TL was fairly new, my dealer noticed at a regular maintenance visit that there was evidence that a mouse had infiltrated my hvac system. The little bugger had been building a nest in there consisting mostly of ends of thread he had nibbled off a mop that was kept in our garage, supplemented by pieces of the cabin filter he had removed. Luckily he didn't get into the cabin itself before we found the issue. (In hindsight, I should have attached more significance to the pieces of bird seed he was roasting up on top of the intake manifold).

Is it possible you have a similar issue and the ducts to the driver's side are blocked?
my friend also mentioned that too.. gonna try and run a camera up the ducts and see if that's the case