Car won't start... Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 07:03 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car won't start... Please help!!!

I took an hour drive out of town where I then park after getting to my destination @5 p.m. @11:30 p.m. I came back to my car to head back home where I come to realize this problem. My 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD Won't start... I press the push start & It would not give me any clicking sound or any power. The little green light on the push start button turns on but I do not get any accessory mode, dashboard info, navigation or radio nor do I get my headlights to turn on. I tried to jump start the car with a heavy duty jump pack that also reads out the battery output & nothing. The battering seems to be good & my horn does work/sounds. One thing I found to be really strange was when stepping on the brake pedal it feels really stiff/not normal & the tail lights do come on. Also the car allowed me keyless entry one time which was when I went to head home but no more, nor does the power door locks or remote pad work. I have to open/lock the doors manually. Another thing I noticed, there's a little red LED in the dashboard that is blinking... Not fast, but it's blinking which I think has something to do with the alarm/security system. Could it be that the alarm has not deactivate & is not allowing the car to start?... Although this problem is really frustrating as I am out of town/stranded atm... It is the first problem I've had with my car in five years.

Any & all feedback would be highly appreciated..

Thank you all in advance, Rich...
Old 06-14-2017, 07:30 PM
The inconvenient truth

Received 436 Likes on 322 Posts
I have the exact same car and believe the slow red blinking light on the dash is indicating the alarm is still on. Is it possible ur fob has run out of battery? Did you insert the fob into the holder and then try to start the car?
Old 06-15-2017, 12:48 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I did & still nothing
Old 06-28-2017, 04:04 PM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
The headlights would at least still turn on even with the FOB dead. It would also give a notification on the center info screen that a key is needed. It sounds like neither of these is happening. I'd disconnect the batter for about 10 minutes to reset the ECU then connect it back up and see if that solves the problem.