Anyone with Parchment interior?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:17 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with Parchment interior?

Hi forum members, I am planning on getting an Acura TL 2009 (Grigio Metallic) with Parchment interior. I am a little concerned after the test drive about the interior color. It looks a little lighter than I thought. The test drive model had a few spots (maybe from rough use) but since I absolutely want mine to be clean, can someone share their experience? How does it look? Is it easy to get dirt spots and scratches on (more than let's say Ebony interior)? How easy or difficult is it to clean the spots?

Finally what about the Ebony interior? I may get that one if Parchment experience is not great but it's not my first preference (have an Accord with black interior). How does it look with Grigio Metallic?

Will appreciate any feedback I can get.

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Advanced

I have the GM/Taupe. I had wanted the parchement, but taupe is what they had and I didn't have a strong preference. I wanted light leather to stay as cool as possible. The taupe and parchement have the 2-tone interior - black dash and light leather-colored lower and door panels. I thought this looked a lot nicer, as the black on black made the interior quite dark. The downside is not the leather, as leather cleans up pretty well, but the carpets. I am afraid the light carpets will get stained quickly. I think I will buy a set of replacement mats in ebony...

My TL is still pretty new, so no marks yet... kids are not allowed to eat in the car, etc etc.

My opinion is light car with dark leather -- dark car with light leather. Just my opinion. My last car was white with dark grey interior.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:02 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks a lot, 09tlsteve. I am going to the dealership again today. Hopefully Parchment should be good. I really don't want to get Ebony unless everyone tells me Parchment really gets dirty quick. But I think you are right...you just have to take good care and it should be ok.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Advanced

Light int i stay away from
Old 07-20-2009, 11:14 AM
My beer fridge is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dark is easier to keep clean
Old 07-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by prchohan
Thanks a lot, 09tlsteve. I am going to the dealership again today. Hopefully Parchment should be good. I really don't want to get Ebony unless everyone tells me Parchment really gets dirty quick. But I think you are right...you just have to take good care and it should be ok.
I have the Taupe interior and it can get dirty quickly. Nothing that a weekly sweep over the interior with a good leather cleaner can't handle, though.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
My old 3G had the Parchment interior - very hard to keep clean - even w/ usually just myself in the car. I'd pass. and I did pass on it w/ my 4G - went w/ Ebony
Old 08-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a 2006 TL with the graphite leather interior which got dirty easily but was pretty rugged and easy to clean -- even if you needed to use a little elbow grease to get tough stains out. Now I have the 4G with the taupe interior and it looks great but it does get dirty MUCH faster.

I tried the 10:1 Woolite cleaner solution some suggested over the weekend and it cleaned the dirtiest portions just okay, nothing special. I tried it on the leather in our 2007 Ridgeline and it did a fantastic job, but that leather in the Honda is harder and I think stands up to aggressive scrubbing a little better. I didn't want to agitate the TL's leather too much because it's soft.

I think regular sweeping with a damp cloth (as someone suggested below) would be the best idea if you go light.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Intermediate

I have parchment with the dark metallic gray (can't remember the exact paint name). I went 3 months before cleaning the leather. At that point there were only a few faint spots and some dog hair. The bigger concern, like you mentioned is the carpet. I have the all season floor mats for that reason.

I guess what it comes down to is your lifestyle. For me, parchment works because I'm single, don't have kids and I like it because it stays cool in the winter. Also looks nice with the black/silver dash.

BTW, Lexol conditioner/cleaner is the best product I have found. Costs about $10 per bottle though. Pep boys and Auto zone should have it.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 PM
snowmanTL

I have the parchment interior but purchased the interior protection plan offered by the dealer, it protects the carpet and the leather from stains, scratches and tears for 7 years.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:55 PM
3rd Gear

We have a Diamond White with Parchment and when we were leaving the dealer with it the guy that cleans them stopped my husband and said that the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers with the wavy sides works wonders to get the dye from blue jeans that rubs off and any dirt/grime that gets in the leather.

We just wipe ours down once a week or every other week.

I agree with one of the other posters that the black interior made the car look too dark. I am also concerned and experiencing a lot grime and what not on the floor mats and will be replacing them with black to help.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Snowman TL...have you used the protection plan yet? And with that plan can you just have them re clean or just the stains?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:19 AM
4th Gear

I have the Gregio Metallic with the ebony interior, It has been to Vegas in the summer and had no issues with heat.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 AM
9th Gear

I've had both, light and dark interiors. IMHO the darker (black) the interior the easier to keep clean and less showing of wear, dirt, even from your own jeans getting in out over time will show up in the lighter enteriors. I guess I'm lucky, because I prefer cars with black interiors. GL.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
But lighter interior gives a sense of roominess even though it's the same.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Advanced

I agree dark stays way cleaner, but the ebony interior just makes th einsideof the car black on black and like a cave. The Umber, however is the best looking -- great look, not too dark, not too light. It just works on a few exterior colors, however, and is only available in SH-AWD.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
+1. I didn't see the umber in person until after I bought my car. Man, I should have checked it out. It was a WDP with umber and it was sooooo nice! It looks SO much better in person and live than that little patch in the sales brochure.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I am curious at some of the responses that state to the effect of "darker interiors don't get as dirty" or "stay cleaner."

Dirt is dirt, and it gets deposited the same no matter what the color of your interior.

I think the posters are really saying that the dirt is harder to see in a dark interior or with dark leather. The dirt is there, just not as noticeable.

I like lighter interiors because of their perceived heat rejection and the way they make the cabin feel larger and more airy. Plus when I see a little dirt, I know it's time to get out the Lexol.