Ktuner- The first tuning solution for the 4G TL

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 06:39 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
The tune description right in the software for all of these tunes states that Improperly designed intakes may throw fueling off. Full Tuning Recommended. You have an intake. Pretty disconcerting that our product which has been proven safe and has been in use by many for a long time would get the blame before simply reading and accepting the actual warning set forth right in the software for this very reason.
i like your product im just saying my experience with it! Im installing my atlp catback tomorrow maybe ill put back the oem air intake and try the tune again!
Old 09-22-2018, 04:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, I will definitely be buying a kit in the spring, now all I need is some patience!
Old 12-05-2018, 11:26 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
grateful for all the information here.

i've had my 2012 TL with sh-awd and the 6 speed manual transmission for about 4 years, had the RV6 HFPC, Jpipe, and ATLP catback exhaust installed, no change to the stock intake other than replacing the filter with a K&N. and i just got my ktune v2 a couple days ago and decided to run the map 4 tune. as of right now, i cannot quite pinpoint what the changes/enhancements are but i will drive the car a little more and report back.

not having a lot of knowledge in ecu/engine tuning, my question is whether anyone has experience in adjusting the vtec engagement to start soon, let's say at 4000 rpm? and is this something recommended?

thanks in advance everyone!
Old 03-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
Glad to hear you're starting off well.

I mentioned this on the forum and I think everyone with an intake should know the fuel trims are reset when you flash. That means if your intake sizing is throwing fueling off the ECU will need some time to learn in order to try to correct that after a flash.

You can tell if this will be the case when you connect to the ECU for the first time and start logging, before you flash a tune in. Find Long Term Trim in the data list. If it's more than a few percent positive or negative then your intake has been throwing fueling off and the ECU will need some time to correct after a flash once those are reset.

The best option with an intake is having a professional correct the MAF curve for the intake via tuning or e-tuning. Just letting the ECU try to correct will not be perfect and the tune will likely be off by a little bit no matter what if it goes uncorrected.

If you do log first please post which intake you have and what the long term fuel trim reads before you flash so everyone can get a broader idea of which intakes are better or worse as far as MAF sizing.
This post is late to the thread but i will be buying a Ktuner i currently have the takeda intake, i will make sure to post the before and after results for the long term fuel trim. Any idea how long i should wait until i post the after results im thinking a tank of gas should be enough to get an accurate reading.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:05 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
to OP
how do you work with Ktuner to build a Tune for your car?
I just bought my Ktuner and will be here this friday. here is my car and mods
13 TL Type SH AWD Tech pack Auto
RV6 PCD, Long tube J Pipe 4rd cat delete, Takada intake. purchasing lightweight lower crank pulley next week. (looking for a good brand non EBAY)
1000miles ago i had the engine rebuild by Acura of Bellevue due to the oil consumption warranty act. they rebuild bottom end WP TB, Tensioner. heads. i had new valve stem seals put in and rear head ex camshaft had pitting so replaced it.
i will be dyno tuning car but not until January of 22. for now i need to disable O2 CEL, and if I can disable EGR CEL i will remove EGR and block off.
The following users liked this post:
echodigital (10-25-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 10:03 AM
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts
See the tutorial videos in help for how to load a tune. You can edit once loaded.