AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL Performance Parts & Modifications (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-295/)
-   -   Ktuner- The first tuning solution for the 4G TL (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-295/ktuner-first-tuning-solution-4g-tl-931839/)

Skier4lyfe303 06-03-2015 03:55 PM

Ktuner- The first tuning solution for the 4G TL

After a year and a half of waiting for Hondata we finally are getting a tune but not from Hondata instead its from Ktuner (see ktuner.com ). Both end user applications (Hondata & Ktuner) are very similar, the only compromise I see is no bluetooth support with Ktuner, but it's also $196 cheaper for the end user kit. Since Ktuner posted that there are two betas running around I will go ahead and spill the rest of the beans:

HeartTLs: 12 AT SH-AWD (first tester)
Skier4lyfe303: 10 MT SH-AWD (second tester)
Beat: 10 AT SH-AWD (third tester)

Here is some pricing info:
Ktuner's end user kit (basically flashpro) costs $499
Reflash from Ktuner Dealer $299

If Hondata were available at current prices:
Hondata Flashpro- end user kit $695
Hondata Reflash from dealer $295

At this point the ability to tune fuel, ignition, various settings (fuel cut/redline, vtec staring point), with full datalogging capability is already up and running. We are still waiting on Sensor disables and speed limiter removal (with no ETA on this stuff).

More info can be found here:
KTuner.com ? View topic - Acura TL 2009-2014 Support

Also a few posts were made in the Hondata thread here:
https://acurazine.com/forums/perform...904114/page10/

I have worked with Ktuner to get a basemap made, the following mods were installed when he made the map:
RV-6 HFPC
XLR8 V2 J-pipe
XLR8 Catback

Once all features are "unlocked" this will be a complete tuning product. I have had the following tuning products on my 3G TL: AEM FIC (fuel injection controller), MS3 (Megasquirt 3 aka JnR ECU) and Hondata Flashpro (no bluetooth). I can say that Ktuner is very comparable to Hondata Flashpro and the price point cannot be beat.

Here is the 4G TL performance Mods sticky with good info:
https://acurazine.com/forums/perform...our-4g-854092/

Here is my Dyno thread which I will be updating once I am fully tuned:
https://acurazine.com/forums/perform...8s-19s-911877/

At this point I am just running the basemap that I worked with Ktuner on making, I don't have an ETA for a full tune or dyno session.

Once Ktuner starts selling these you can get a reflash (from a Ktuner dealer), dyno tune or these companies offer eTuning services:

Etune (send data logs back and forth)
Turbogixxer Tuning :: Ktuner :: E Tune service

remote tune (he takes control of your PC and live tunes it)
Turbogixxer Tuning :: Tuning Services :: Remote Tuning

Another etuning service:
KTuner eTune - eTuning Services

Please post your comments and questions about Ktuner in this thread.

ej6sliver 06-03-2015 03:58 PM

Patiently waiting...
who are we kidding? I cant wait!

Skier4lyfe303 06-03-2015 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ej6sliver (Post 15458696)
This is good news on 4G TL SH-AWD
any news for fwd? any love??
*puppy eye*

HeartTLs already answered this for you in the other thread

Originally Posted by ej6sliver (Post 15458456)
will k tune do for fwd 3.5?

Originally Posted by HeartTLs (Post 15458566)
Yes it will.

ej6sliver 06-03-2015 04:12 PM

Yea after I left the comment, I went and read it ahaha... my bad
This is awesome news anyways!!!

csmeance 06-03-2015 04:47 PM

applicable to FWD AT cars? If yes, sign me up! I can't wait to defeat the speed limiter

beat 06-03-2015 05:22 PM

I can't wait it gets here :)

Thanks for the details, I knew two testers were getting tuned already but couldn't tell if they were on the forums. K-tuner shipped mine yesterday. Amazing customer services btw, i believe its James at K-tuner who reply really quickly at all the questions.

PinotGrigio 06-04-2015 09:18 PM

Sounds very exciting ....forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject , but how does this work ..you buy the ability to tune the car and then you need someone to make a tune catered to your vehicle ??

HeartTLs 06-05-2015 10:25 AM

You purchase the software and unit, then have someone or yourself tune it. Think of it as if you bought a PC and programing software.

Excelerate 06-05-2015 12:25 PM

Interesting. We are going to reach out to this company to see what we can offer the Acurazine community.

LNJ 06-05-2015 12:58 PM

Would there be a selection of presets for stock vehicles to choose and program for minimal gains? Or is it all manually done?

TheMuffinMan 06-05-2015 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by csmeance (Post 15458739)
applicable to FWD AT cars? If yes, sign me up! I can't wait to defeat the speed limiter

Where the fuck are you capping the speed limiter?

ej6sliver 06-05-2015 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by LNJ (Post 15460792)
Would there be a selection of presets for stock vehicles to choose and program for minimal gains? Or is it all manually done?

That is what I'm looking for... hopefully they have preset for just like j pipe and hfc and such... awww yeee

Skier4lyfe303 06-05-2015 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by csmeance (Post 15458739)

Yes as posted above.

Originally Posted by PinotGrigio (Post 15460171)
Sounds very exciting ....forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject , but how does this work ..you buy the ability to tune the car and then you need someone to make a tune catered to your vehicle ??

Yes and no, read below.

Originally Posted by HeartTLs (Post 15460593)
You purchase the software and unit, then have someone or yourself tune it. Think of it as if you bought a PC and programing software.

Yes, when getting a custom tune.

Originally Posted by LNJ (Post 15460792)

There should be, however I do not know what base maps will be available. As I posted above I helped Ktuner create a basemap with the following parts:
RV-6 HFPC
XLR8 V2 J-pipe
XLR8 Catback

HeartTLs car was too modified for a base tune. Member Beat might be able to work with Ktuner on creating another base tune depending on his mods.

Originally Posted by ej6sliver (Post 15460823)
That is what I'm looking for... hopefully they have preset for just like j pipe and hfc and such... awww yeee

Maybe!

So to clear things up a bit:

The end user kit ($499) will allow you to fully custom tune the car at anytime. You will also have access to any base tunes that are available. You can uninstall the custom or base map and return to stock at anytime.

A reflash will allow you to install any base tune that is available. A dealer can custom tweak a basetune before installing (raise redline for example).

Ktuner also has a reflash option in which Ktuner ships you the hardware, you reflash with an available base map (user can make some custom touches) then you send the hardware back. I personally would not advise this option, as you will need to rent the unit again to tweak the map, change maps, custom tune or even go back to stock.

I am not sure how the pricing on the rental from Ktuner works, it seems the price will be $399 and you get a $100 refund if the hardware is returned within 14 days. So a total of $299, if I understand the pricing correctly.

The options for the TL should be similar to the Accord:
08- 12 Accord Reflash | KTuner, LLC

csmeance 06-05-2015 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 15460798)
Where the fuck are you capping the speed limiter?

Private roads! :thumbsup:

KarKraze 06-05-2015 09:15 PM

Skier4lyfe303 , I am aware that you have to get a tune to unlock the true potential of the reflash but can you comment on how your car feels with the basemap currently installed.

Skier4lyfe303 06-05-2015 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by KarKraze (Post 15461182)
Skier4lyfe303 , I am aware that you have to get a tune to unlock the true potential of the reflash but can you comment on how your car feels with the basemap currently installed.

No dyno yet but the car is running better, especially up top in vtec. Knock count has gone down tremendously, very few now. I am happy with the results.

HeartTLs should be able to give a better description once he is done with his etune.

Side note: I would buy Ktuner end user kit for $499 or just reflash at $299 vs spending $299 on the Sprint Booster.

KarKraze 06-05-2015 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Skier4lyfe303 (Post 15461189)
No dyno yet but the car is running better, especially up top in vtec. Knock count has gone down tremendously, very few now. I am happy with the results.

Side note: I would buy Ktuner end user kit for $499 or just reflash at $299 vs spending $299 on the Sprint Booster.

Thank you :thumbsup:, it would be the end user kit for me. Already have the SB so it will stay on,get your point though.

Skier4lyfe303 06-05-2015 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by KarKraze (Post 15461198)
Thank you :thumbsup:, it would be the end user kit for me. Already have the SB so it will stay on,get your point though.

End user is the way to go. You can start with any available base map that fits your mods, then once you are ready you can get a full tune by any method; dyno, street and etune's.

staro0989 06-05-2015 09:33 PM

Ktuner is great company! They created a tuning option for the Accord community and they have provided great customer support. I am currently have my 09 Accord tuned using their end user device.

KarKraze 06-05-2015 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Skier4lyfe303 (Post 15461202)
End user is the way to go. You can start with any available base map that fits your mods, then once you are ready you can get a full tune by any method; dyno, street and etune's.

Thanks again. Carlos is a great help to me as well and as soon as I get the unit I will try to schedule a dyno tune. Been speaking to a few tuners,just trying to decide on the most reputable one to go with.

It will be in a bit but when its all done i will share my thoughts here.

What will be really neat is to be able to change the shift point of the Tranny,i know that is not an option atm but when released it will be helpful.

I should also mention James (KTuner) and Kenny (TurboGixxer) have provided me with outstanding customer service and were always willing to provide me with advise and info.

potmilkz 06-06-2015 01:20 AM

yup, heard about this from heartTL a month ago. he told me to keep it on the down-low till its all set and done.. i its going to leak somehow lol

BDoggPrelude 06-06-2015 10:48 PM

Hopefully they can find a way to fix the 1st gear governing on the 12+ AT. I would hop on that immediately.

potmilkz 06-07-2015 01:49 AM

they probably wont lol.. they would need to make two seperate systems for it if that is the case because 5at and 6at

TheMuffinMan 06-07-2015 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by csmeance (Post 15461145)
Private roads! :thumbsup:

Lol

I haven't hit the max in my S2000 after years of ownership. Haven't even bothered with the TL.

Excelerate 06-10-2015 11:21 AM

We have several of these on the way and we will be working with Ktuner on some base maps as well some other maps for some other items we have in the works.

Skier4lyfe303 06-10-2015 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Excelerate (Post 15465067)
We have several of these on the way and we will be working with Ktuner on some base maps as well some other maps for some other items we have in the works.

Josh please elaborate on "as well some other maps for some other items we have in the works"

True Dual Exhaust, Intake, Supercharger or Turbo?

beat 06-10-2015 07:43 PM

I emailed CT-E last week, didnt get an answer...

KarKraze 06-10-2015 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by beat (Post 15458783)
I can't wait it gets here :)

Thanks for the details, I knew two testers were getting tuned already but couldn't tell if they were on the forums. K-tuner shipped mine yesterday. Amazing customer services btw, i believe its James at K-tuner who reply really quickly at all the questions.

"Beat" did you receive your product yet ? any idea of when and where you will have the car tuned?

beat 06-11-2015 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by KarKraze (Post 15465645)
"Beat" did you receive your product yet ? any idea of when and where you will have the car tuned?

I believe this week, it's stuck somewhere in Montreal, it says "departed to destination" for 2 days now, i don't know whats going on.

I am putting the stock cat-back on and installing a RV6 j-pipe with RV6 PCDs and will be tuned by Vitviper at vittuned.com

I always used his services in the past, he tuned my previous 435whp stock motor CSX-S turbo and ran with no issues, he's amazing and ill trust him again on the J series.

I should update my build thread, forgot to add anything for months now.

KarKraze 06-11-2015 08:04 AM

Try entering your tracking code in the Canada Post Tracking. Once it reaches Canada it is out of USPS hands and Canada Post takes over.

So you are doing an E Tune. Trying to find someone in Toronto with an AWD dyno and KTuner experience is difficult,most of them have 2 wheel only. If I can't find one that I am happy with then I will probably go with an E Tune. Still doing some research ATM.

Mr Magoo 06-11-2015 01:45 PM

I was doing some research about shops for AWD tuning in Toronto area. So far I came across these guys

Tuning | Magnus Motorsports
Engineered Automotive

When the Ktuner is released I will probably contact one of them. Although it doesn't say specifically that they have tuned with Ktuner they seem to have a lot of tuning experience

KarKraze 06-11-2015 02:15 PM

^^ both very good shops. However, they like to do big builds and sometime tend to overlooks people that want to do the simpler stuff.

The two KTuner shops Dynamotorsports and Enhanced Auto does not have an AWD dyno. They can do a street tune but ideally I would like to see some numbers.
I will give more info as I make progress, as of now I am speaking to a few different shops.

beat 06-11-2015 03:33 PM

Well good news, "Customs Clearance" done. Should be here by Friday.

Skier4lyfe303 06-12-2015 01:50 PM

Ktuner has made an application page for the 4G TL:
09-14 TL | KTuner, LLC

The "released" column in the feature matrix is what the product currently supports. Different sized injectors can be used but will need to be done by: altering injector dead times and trim the fueling during tuning.

Mods if you could add this info to my first post that would be great!

ExcelerateRep 06-12-2015 03:59 PM

We have these in stock and are ready to ship them! You can check out our sale thread here:
https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsor...ktuner-932249/

We are offering them for $499 as well. You can give us a call or place the order via Paypal. Our Paypal ID is Sales@ExceleratePerformance.com and our phone number here is 203-483-6100.

Skier4lyfe303 06-12-2015 10:32 PM

^

Originally Posted by Excelerate (Post 15465067)

Originally Posted by Skier4lyfe303 (Post 15465587)
Josh please elaborate on "as well some other maps for some other items we have in the works"

True Dual Exhaust, Intake, Supercharger or Turbo?

Josh, please answer this! Thanks

hurleyman123 06-13-2015 10:24 AM

Kid in a candy store

- First real post - (Please be kind :thumbsup: )

I have been following this since I bought my 2010 Tl MT last year. It's hard to think that spending over $3,000 on parts, only gets a little bump in HP. With this, it is so much easier to stomach the price on bolt-ons when you can tune it.

I'll be patiently awaiting some dyno results from the Ktuner kit.

THIS FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!

just my :2cents:

KarKraze 06-13-2015 03:59 PM

Remember folks,that no one wanted to make the software necessary to tune our 4G. Hondata outright refused to look at it.

Thanks to KTuner this is now a possibility,granted that it is not a complete package but it will be eventually. The base map that is included is enough for your tuner to unlock the potential of the J engines. Many members lamented that it was a waste of money to purchase mods that seemed to do little for performance,now there is hope that we can see the full effect if any on the mods installed.

My kit arrived in Canada on Thursday and I should have it by Mon/Tues. when it is in my hands I will make an appointment with a tuner. Looking to have a dyno tune done and will post the results. Maybe someone else may do so before me,either way my dyno sheet will still be posted.

Feedback from Heart TLS has been very positive, him and I have had many conversations over this product from when he initially started as the first Beta tester.Major props to him as well to undertake it and to use his car for the test.

ej6sliver 06-13-2015 05:26 PM

^I am looking forward to get one of these, just gotta wait until the CAD goes back up first... *sigh*

KarKraze 06-14-2015 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by ej6sliver (Post 15467946)
^I am looking forward to get one of these, just gotta wait until the CAD goes back up first... *sigh*

Hear you bud,it's painful making purchases with our loony loonie lol.

Really wanted to see the difference that a tune will make on my car so I decided to pull the trigger, if I had a manual instead of an auto I probably wouldn't have bothered. Yeah, who am I kidding :devilgrin:.