Aftermarket BBKs (Big Brake Kits)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010 | 08:35 PM
Instructor

I cant afford wheels and the brake kit or I might have been down for this.
Old 10-14-2010 | 10:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CapoTL
We are going to try to get the BBK to fit behind the OE wheels or at most only require a small spacer with OE wheels.

We are ready to move forward with this project; we have finally gotten all the approvals and details from STOPTECH. However, I need at least 5 people to put up funds to start the process. Only those people who put up the funds for this initial process will get this price. After this the price will go up at least $200.
Old 10-14-2010 | 05:29 PM
Instructor

which OE wheels, 19" or 18", just curious. Im trying to weigh all the options before I decide on anything.
Old 10-14-2010 | 10:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Why upgrade the brakes? They seem to be very well-designed by Acura. Every component of virtually every vehicle can be improved upon.

The balance of every vehicle can be improved. This car would definitely benefit from a stiffer rear sway bar, just as all the previous generation TL's have. It will reduce body roll and help prevent the vehicle from plowing into the curb.

And, lastly, if all your comments in my threads are going to be negative comments and irrelevant requests, then stay out of my threads. There's plenty of people who are willing to volunteer and enjoy a larger RSB.
^No edit. You will not answer my PM's but you want $9k from me/us???
Old 10-15-2010 | 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
What is your problem? You talk trash, complain, call my shop and leave a message but leave no phone # to call back, and post idiotic and provocative statements online? You wrote in your PM:

Sorry, Pleas accept my apology.
Honestly I regret the angry posts I have directed at you. It seems that you genuinely DO offer great products and really try to give us an affordable alternative to Acura’s extremely limited upgrades and dealer performance options. However, you have dropped the ball on the BBK and we are only 1 person short of your request. Please reconsider our BBK needs.

Thanks,
Marco

Then you proceeded to talk trash in multiple threads. There is nothing really to discuss. The info is in the thread. If you're interested and you want to purchase you have the info. I'm not sure what further steps I have to take. You asked for a BBK and I'm providing one.
Old 10-15-2010 | 06:19 PM
Racer

What is your problem? You talk trash, complain, call my shop and leave a message but leave no phone # to call back, and post idiotic and provocative statements online? You wrote in your PM:

Honestly I regret the angry posts I have directed at you. It seems that you genuinely DO offer great products and really try to give us an affordable alternative to Acura’s extremely limited upgrades and dealer performance options. However, you have dropped the ball on the BBK and we are only 1 person short of your request. Please reconsider our BBK needs.

Thanks,
Marco

Then you proceeded to talk trash in multiple threads. There is nothing really to discuss. The info is in the thread. If you're interested and you want to purchase you have the info. I'm not sure what further steps I have to take. You asked for a BBK and I'm providing one.
Don't sweat it too much, can't please everyone. Your doing a good job on providing parts that other companies would not even touch like Greddy, HKS, ACT, Tanabe, blah blah blah. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to start the test!

-DeL
Old 10-15-2010 | 07:33 PM
Instructor

Im trying to sell my new set of Mugen wheels, if I get them sold I possibly will be down for this, I say possibly cause other factors always seem to pop up! Thats why I cant make a promise.
Old 10-15-2010 | 10:58 PM
Waaaaaaaaaa.

Thanks,
Marco

XLR8. Please forgive Marco... he's honestly a good guy. Just might have a few too many drinks when posting. He introduced me to this thread, and if it weren't for him I wouldn't have even considered getting a BBK.
Old 10-16-2010 | 02:20 PM
Suzuka Master

What is your problem? You talk trash, complain, call my shop and leave a message but leave no phone # to call back,
WHAT? and post idiotic and provocative statements online? You wrote in your PM:
Thanks,
Marco
#1) If I called you, you would know it. I NEVER CALLED YOUR SHOP. I PM’ed YOU!...
Originally Posted by CapoTL

#2) I also cannot afford to upgrade wheels on my TL, and would never put a spacer on!...
#3) I will NEVER do business with you!...
BBK Want/Need List
1)
2) FallenTSX
3) VT06TL
4) Vancity_TL (From BC Canada)
5) MurkyRiversTL
6) kooty-sentinel
7)
8)
9)
10)
#4)Are you a party to this B.S.?...
Originally Posted by ggesq
· I intend to keep people from making the same mistakes that I have. If my methods offend you…I offer no apology.
Consider this a warning. If you break the rules for posting on this site in the future, you will be banned according to the violation. Thanks.
Really?????
Old 10-16-2010 | 05:36 PM
Senior Moderator

#3) I will NEVER do business with you!...
At this point, since you removed yourself from the list and will NEVER do business with Josh, there is absolutely NO need for you to post in this thread. Thanks.