Phone BT issue & audio question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:03 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phone BT issue & audio question

Hey all. New to the Acura world. Came from a '07 BMW 328xi to a 2012 TL w/ tech package and loving it!

I'm having an issue with the bluetooth when a call comes in and am wondering if it's happening to anybody else. When my iPhone is connected with the USB and I'm listening to music and a call comes in, I hit the answer button on the steering wheel and it makes the "beep" like it answered the phone, but the call doesn't actually connect for maybe 3-5 more seconds and then I can hear the person talking. Is this normal?

One other thing I noticed is that when my iPhone is connected w/ the USB and I'm playing music, sometimes if I lock the screen on the phone, the music stops and won't start playing again until I unlock the screen. Not a big deal but can get annoying. This doesn't happen all the time and my only guess is this is something to do with the phone but I can't figure out why it happens some times and not others.

Anybody have similar issues?
Old 05-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi,

I do not have this issue, and I was using an Iphone 4, and now an Iphone5....when the screen on the phone locks, regardless if I am connected via Btooth or via the USB cable, the music keeps playing....does not make a difference also if I am using the ipod, or spotify/pandora....locking the phone should not stop the music...

Look in your settings, and specifically under the application settings to see if you have turned something on by accident that might be causing this...

As far as calls, when music is playing, the music lowers, I answer the phone..it works....have not really measured the interval, but it is pretty much there as soon as I hit the answer button on the Steering wheel...

cheers!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:43 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyborgcnc
Hi,

I do not have this issue, and I was using an Iphone 4, and now an Iphone5....when the screen on the phone locks, regardless if I am connected via Btooth or via the USB cable, the music keeps playing....does not make a difference also if I am using the ipod, or spotify/pandora....locking the phone should not stop the music...

Look in your settings, and specifically under the application settings to see if you have turned something on by accident that might be causing this...

As far as calls, when music is playing, the music lowers, I answer the phone..it works....have not really measured the interval, but it is pretty much there as soon as I hit the answer button on the Steering wheel...

cheers!
Thanks for the response. I've tried going through my settings and just can't figure it out. I forgot to mention that my phone is jailbroken so maybe that has something to do with it. I just wasn't sure if this was a problem anybody else was having so I knew I wasn't alone haha.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
..Mine is jailbroken as well.....Quick test: Do you have the same experience if you use your headphones? i.e. when you lock your screen, does your music stop while not connected to the car, and simply listening via headphones?