No bluetooth-audio screen-PLEASE HELP

Old 03-22-2015, 01:02 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No bluetooth-audio screen-PLEASE HELP

I just bought my wife a 2010 Tl with nav and tech pack. I have followed all the instructions to set up blue tooth audio but when I press the aux/hdd button the bluetooth audio screen never appears. what am doing wrong! !!!????
Old 03-23-2015, 08:12 AM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
there is no bluetooth audio screen.
on the panel below the main display, it will show "Bluetooth Audio" when you switch between HDD/Aux (there's 2 or 3 different modes under that one... for a USB, HDD or BT). Nothing will show up on the main navi screen pertaining to the audio. eg. no song information.

it's just the long horizontal panel thing that will show you you're in Bluetooth Audio. Will steram anything your phone does via bluetooth (eh. MP3s, GPS, youtube etc).
Old 03-23-2015, 09:45 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hoperhymer
I just bought my wife a 2010 Tl with nav and tech pack. I have followed all the instructions to set up blue tooth audio but when I press the aux/hdd button the bluetooth audio screen never appears. what am doing wrong! !!!????
I have a 12 TL and if I plug in my iPhone to the USB port that comes out of the center console, the BT function will recognize it as an iPod and show whatever audio tracks I may play on my phone via Pandora, Live365, native iPhone Music folder containing downloaded tracks etc. It will also show the cover album from whatever tracks I'm playing. However, it will only show one track at a time while playing and not a cumulative display of tracks already played (as the HDD will show).

Old 03-23-2015, 09:06 PM
9th Gear

Thanks for the help guys. Still no luck.I tried the usb also and it says unsupported. So I guess my wifes galaxy s 5 is a no go. O well
Old 03-23-2015, 11:01 PM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 427 Posts
Originally Posted by PRNole47
I have a 12 TL and if I plug in my iPhone to the USB port that comes out of the center console, the BT function will recognize it as an iPod and show whatever audio tracks I may play on my phone via Pandora, Live365, native iPhone Music folder containing downloaded tracks etc. It will also show the cover album from whatever tracks I'm playing. However, it will only show one track at a time while playing and not a cumulative display of tracks already played (as the HDD will show).

At that point you are not playing through the Bluetooth function. It is going through the USB input which displays artist/song titles and album artwork. If you push the button a couple more times you will find yourself in the Bluetooth mode where your iPhone is wireless streaming music to your car. That mode does not display any information. The way that you are doing it is much better. I have found the BT function to produce significantly worse audio quality compared to plugging in the USB.

Your sig is hilarious BTW.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:02 AM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
^^ yep - BDogg is correct. That's what I tried to explain.
I have virtually the same car. I use BT audio every single day.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:31 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I have a 2012 and use BT audio everyday and it shows the track info from music player and Pandora. Pandora doesn't display the artist name on the correct line but it does show song name and artist. I have a S4.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:47 AM
1st Gear

Hello, Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same problem with my 2010 TL (tech). I had it with my iphone 4s and also with my newer Galaxy S5. I've removed phones from the HFL, readded them, reset my bluetooth on my phone(s) and made sure they setting was selected for straming audio. Thx
Old 07-23-2015, 05:03 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Acura will have to release a software update for it to work again.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:09 AM
6th Gear

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I figured it made more sense to keep similar questions together rather than clutter the forum with multiple threads asking the same thing.

Originally Posted by hoperhymer
Originally Posted by liquidneon
there is no bluetooth audio screen.
on the panel below the main display, it will show "Bluetooth Audio" when you switch between HDD/Aux (there's 2 or 3 different modes under that one... for a USB, HDD or BT). Nothing will show up on the main navi screen pertaining to the audio. eg. no song information.

it's just the long horizontal panel thing that will show you you're in Bluetooth Audio. Will steram anything your phone does via bluetooth (eh. MP3s, GPS, youtube etc).
I believe that I have the same issue/question as the original poster, and my issue (which I assume is the same as originally stated) is that the when you toggle the HDD/Aux button, I only ever get TWO options: HDD or USB. I never get a BT option. I never see THIS screen:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2AzftFkzq3w/maxresdefault.jpg

I've got a 2010 TL SH-AWD w/ Tech Pkg. Bought it CPO in late 2012.

I recently bought an iPhone 6 (iOS 9.1). I'm able to pair it to the HFL with no issues, and use it for phone calls. But I have no way to stream Bluetooth audio, because I never get a BT Audio option when toggling the HD/Aux button.

My phone is set to output the sound to Bluetooth, and seems to think it's doing its part. It appears to be the car that isn't doing its part.

Strangely, I have a friend who owns the exact same car, and same phone, and it works fine for him. Only noticeable difference is that he started with it several iOS versions ago, whereas I started out at 9.1. And, the salesman I bought the car from used to drive the same mode,l and he would get the BTA screen w/ no issues. No one can figure out why my TL won't display that option.

I've tried all the basic stuff - deleting phone from car, car from phone, re-pairing, etc. Turned off WiFi - didn't make a difference. Even disconnected the car battery to cause a radio reset - nothing has worked.

The phone will play audio through the car speakers if I connect it to the USB cord, but the fact that I SHOULD be able to stream it wirelessly, and can't (especially while I know that others can!), is aggravating.

Any thoughts/insights/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 09-23-2017, 02:53 PM
9th Gear

This is the exact problem I am still having and it is very frustrating
Originally Posted by MM658
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I figured it made more sense to keep similar questions together rather than clutter the forum with multiple threads asking the same thing.

I believe that I have the same issue/question as the original poster, and my issue (which I assume is the same as originally stated) is that the when you toggle the HDD/Aux button, I only ever get TWO options: HDD or USB. I never get a BT option. I never see THIS screen:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2AzftFkzq3w/maxresdefault.jpg

I've got a 2010 TL SH-AWD w/ Tech Pkg. Bought it CPO in late 2012.

I recently bought an iPhone 6 (iOS 9.1). I'm able to pair it to the HFL with no issues, and use it for phone calls. But I have no way to stream Bluetooth audio, because I never get a BT Audio option when toggling the HD/Aux button.

My phone is set to output the sound to Bluetooth, and seems to think it's doing its part. It appears to be the car that isn't doing its part.

Strangely, I have a friend who owns the exact same car, and same phone, and it works fine for him. Only noticeable difference is that he started with it several iOS versions ago, whereas I started out at 9.1. And, the salesman I bought the car from used to drive the same mode,l and he would get the BTA screen w/ no issues. No one can figure out why my TL won't display that option.

I've tried all the basic stuff - deleting phone from car, car from phone, re-pairing, etc. Turned off WiFi - didn't make a difference. Even disconnected the car battery to cause a radio reset - nothing has worked.

The phone will play audio through the car speakers if I connect it to the USB cord, but the fact that I SHOULD be able to stream it wirelessly, and can't (especially while I know that others can!), is aggravating.

Any thoughts/insights/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 09-23-2017, 02:55 PM
9th Gear

Still have not found solution

Originally Posted by jkthorne1967
Hello, Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same problem with my 2010 TL (tech). I had it with my iphone 4s and also with my newer Galaxy S5. I've removed phones from the HFL, readded them, reset my bluetooth on my phone(s) and made sure they setting was selected for straming audio. Thx

Search this Thread