Navtool 3.0 installation problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 09:50 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navtool 3.0 installation problems

Hi all,

I am having some issue with the navetool 3.0 and was wondering if anyone can help out (I will try to call them next week as well).

1. I connected the navtool harness wires to the car harness wires
-red navtool wire to purple acces wire from car

-black navtool wire to black wire from the car (same plug as where the purple wire is located

-gray wire (hand break) to the cars metal frame for ground

-blue wire from navtool to blue wire of 28pin connector. This is used to switch from navy to hdmi. The issue I had with this is that the navtool harness already has a male to female connect to this connector so I don't know why we have to connect the blue wire there. Also, my kit came with a additional harness where all the wires are green color (I think it's used as a expansion to the navtool harness). This also has a blue and orange wire. Now do I have to connect not blue wires to the cars blue wire of the 28pin or???

-after trying everything the mirroring of the iPhone works but only for 10 second, then it switches back to the navigation screen by itself, and after 10 seconds it switches back to the hdmi mirroring if it's still plugged in.

Can one of my coonections be wrong? What do I do with the two blue wires that are used to control the screen? Did I connect the gray wire correctly? (I assume I did since the mirror does work for 10second)

Thank you for your time
Old 10-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
hi, did you get it to work?
Old 10-20-2015, 10:05 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by navtool.com
hi, did you get it to work?
Yes!!! So the 3.0 kit comes with 2 harnesses:
  1. The main harness that connects from the cars stock navigation to the navtool box
  • This main harness has the red power, black ground, gray ground, and blue (remote controller to switch back between navigation and hdmi input)
  1. The second harness with all the green wires connects from the cars 28 pin harness connection to the back of the navigation unit (this was the problem I had because i wasn't using this harness)
  • This harness has mainly green wires but also a blue and a orange wire. You connect this blue wire to the navtool main harness blue wire and there is not need to splice the blue wire from the main harness to any other wires from the cars harness.
I was trying to connect the navtool main harness (blue wire) to the blue wire on the 28pin but in the end i was also using the wrong pin connection blue wire (i was trying to connect to the 26pin blue wire).

So to make this story short....the unit is plug and play and the only wires that you need to trim from the cars harness are the purple (red power), black (black and gray wire from navtool) and thats it....blue main harness wire goes to blue of the second harness that came with the kit.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Damir1987
Yes!!! So the 3.0 kit comes with 2 harnesses:
  1. The main harness that connects from the cars stock navigation to the navtool box
  • This main harness has the red power, black ground, gray ground, and blue (remote controller to switch back between navigation and hdmi input)
  1. The second harness with all the green wires connects from the cars 28 pin harness connection to the back of the navigation unit (this was the problem I had because i wasn't using this harness)
  • This harness has mainly green wires but also a blue and a orange wire. You connect this blue wire to the navtool main harness blue wire and there is not need to splice the blue wire from the main harness to any other wires from the cars harness.
I was trying to connect the navtool main harness (blue wire) to the blue wire on the 28pin but in the end i was also using the wrong pin connection blue wire (i was trying to connect to the 26pin blue wire).

So to make this story short....the unit is plug and play and the only wires that you need to trim from the cars harness are the purple (red power), black (black and gray wire from navtool) and thats it....blue main harness wire goes to blue of the second harness that came with the kit.
ok great
Old 11-11-2015, 02:31 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure which vehicle you have but in my 2008 TL-S the gray wire connects to the green wire on pin 5 of the main harness. Yellow and orange is not wired and the blue is already in the other harness which connects into the cancel button.