Motorola Droid & Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Motorola Droid & Bluetooth

Has anyone successfully paired their Droid? For some reason I am having problems. I didn't spend a ton of time on it, so I'll try again this weekend.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Colorado Springs

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
I'll try to do this on my new droid and see what I can find out for you. I know my wife's droid eris works with no problems
Old 12-15-2009, 09:11 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up my new TL last night and my droid paired just fine. It even surprised me when I could play music from the droid over the Bluetooth link. Transferred my phone book, made a couple of calls and all is good. Hopefully yours will go smooth when you try again!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear

Redduck, do you have the droid from Motorola, or Droid Eris from HTC? I was able to pair my Droid Eris, but can't use the acura link, etc. Any ideas
Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 PM
2nd Gear

I have a 2009 Acura TL, and can't get my Droid phone with bluetooth to pair. I get to a point where the car says to enter a 4 digit code, but when I enter it on the phone, even though I'm in the Bluetooth menu, with Discovery turned on and Scanning started, the phone just tries to dial the number. Any thoughts of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by rogerboelter
I have a 2009 Acura TL, and can't get my Droid phone with bluetooth to pair. I get to a point where the car says to enter a 4 digit code, but when I enter it on the phone, even though I'm in the Bluetooth menu, with Discovery turned on and Scanning started, the phone just tries to dial the number. Any thoughts of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Roger, when the car asks you to enter a 4 digit number, it is asking that you tell the car the 4 digit number. At that point, you need to press the 'speak' button on the steering wheel and say "1234" or whatever 4 digit code you want. At that point the car will say "searching for a bluetooth phone". When it finds the phone, you will then enter your 4 didgit code into the phone.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-10-2010, 08:31 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Boulder257
Redduck, do you have the droid from Motorola, or Droid Eris from HTC? I was able to pair my Droid Eris, but can't use the acura link, etc. Any ideas
I have the motorola droid. Are you able to transfer your phone book from the phone to the car? If so, that is the only way to dial the phone from the car. It sucks, but for some reason the droid dose not have the ability to dial from bluetooth. This is true for trying to dial from any bluetooth device, whether it is a car or a bluetooth head set. There is a lot of discussion about this at the droid forums around the net.

If I am misunderstanding your question please let me know.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Redduck
I have the motorola droid. Are you able to transfer your phone book from the phone to the car? If so, that is the only way to dial the phone from the car. It sucks, but for some reason the droid dose not have the ability to dial from bluetooth. This is true for trying to dial from any bluetooth device, whether it is a car or a bluetooth head set. There is a lot of discussion about this at the droid forums around the net.

If I am misunderstanding your question please let me know.
My droid dials from bluetooth without the phonebook. I press the phone button on the steering wheel. Then press the talk button and say "dial", wait for the number screen to come up, then press the talk button and say the phone number and it dials the number.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Cruisin'

Redduck, my motorola droid also dials from bluetooth without the phonebook like FAST4DR above. How did you get the music to play through blutooth?
Thanks.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:36 AM
3rd Gear

I am also having issues trying to pair my 2009 TL w/ Tech Pkg with the Motorola Droid.

I also get to the part where the phone asks for the 4 digit pairing code and I type in the 4-digits that display on the TL Nav Screen and the phone just says pairing forever and the TL eventually just says that it cannot find a bluetooth phone.

For those that had this exact issue, what did you do to get them to pair.

I would really like to keep the Droid, but given that bluetooth is critical for my needs, I may be forced to return it for another phone.

I would appreciate any help into this matter.

Thanks again
Old 02-01-2010, 09:14 PM
3rd Gear

Turns out that the Droid bluetooth module was defective. I went through 30min of troubleshooting with Acura Handsfreelink support then they recommended I go to Verizon store and see if my car pairs with other Droids. Surely enough, the first demo unit paired without a hitch with my TL. So support was able to exchange the hardware, so now everything is working fine. Not sure if this is a widespread problem, but I thought I would share my resolution to the problem.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Intermediate

Has anyone paired the Droid X from verizon yet? I picked up the phone yesterday and successfully pairer it to my 10 SHAWD w Tech. However, I can't get my TL to import the phonebook from my Droid. When I hit the button on the TL, a message pops up on my Droid that the phone book is attempting to be accessed, then the bluetooth on the Droid turn off. It almost seems like a secuity type issue with the phone, but I can't find any settings or anything on the Droid literature that mentions phone book security on the Droid. I've been a Windows Mobile person for a very long time and I'm new to the Droid os, so it's been 36 hours or intense learning. I just hope i can get the phonebook imported to the TL. The bluetooth connection is a lot less efficient without the phonebook being stored on the car.

Any tips or thoughts are appreciated. The basic bluetooth functions work great!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

help!

Does anyone know if the droid x is compatible with the acura to 2006? I have tried linking it the the handsfree link but the car is not finding it during the scanning process
Old 07-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Droid Incredible. . .

. . . seems to work with full functionality. . .
Old 05-09-2017, 07:30 PM
5th Gear

I have a 2005 TL w/ Nav. My Droid Turbo 2 worked fine with the HFL until the latest Droid OS update. 25.11.10.kinsie. It appears that Android has dropped support for older versions of HFL. What a pisser.