LEDs - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

LEDs

Old 11-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

LEDs

Hey guys I'm needing some advice on LEDs. I'm looking to purchase all the leds through either VLEDs but I'm having a hard time finding info on the forums. I know i know search the threads and I have for the past month but everything is dated 2+ years back.

Anyways, im in between getting 5000k and 6500k but I have yet to find some good pictures to see the difference.

Also if anyone else has other sites or links to different style switchbacks and drls that would be awesome! Trying to go for the stock headlight color or even a little more blue.
Msouza91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:52 PM   #2

Thanked 4,971 Times in 3,966 Posts
go with 5000K.

What's wrong with the 2+ year old threads? There's not much new information on LED's from a technological standpoint. THere's just newer revisions of LED bulbs.
thoiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #3
Registered Member

I know I know :/ I just wanted to see some pictures and wasn't finding any good ones. Ever try IJDMtoy products?
Msouza91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #4

Thanked 4,971 Times in 3,966 Posts

stick with VLEDs
thoiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:48 PM   #5
Registered Member

Your options are to either go with vleds or surf around amazon/ebay and find some comparable products that are well sold and have good reviews. I got my switchback / fog / drl/high beam combo for about 1/3 of the price of what vleds would be. I love how they look and haven't had any problems with them. 5000k looks really good but I know when I'm looking at my low beams in person they without a doubt appear 6500 so if you want them all to match then that's what u need to get.

Last edited by dopeboy1; 11-15-2017 at 09:52 PM.
dopeboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:45 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy1 View Post
Your options are to either go with vleds or surf around amazon/ebay and find some comparable products that are well sold and have good reviews. I got my switchback / fog / drl/high beam combo for about 1/3 of the price of what vleds would be. I love how they look and haven't had any problems with them. 5000k looks really good but I know when I'm looking at my low beams in person they without a doubt appear 6500 so if you want them all to match then that's what u need to get.
Exactly. I bought my LED switchbacks and my HID fogs from amazon for less than a third of the VLED/Morimoto price and they've been kicking strong since what, 2013? 2014ish?
Blaze9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:31 PM   #7
Registered Member

I stand by VLEDs when it comes to LED lighting upgrades. Best customer service that I have experienced as well and haven't had any issues either. I went with 6000k for all my bulb upgrades on the TL (DRLs, corners, switchbacks, reverse, door vanity etc.) but on the fogs I have the morimoto XB type S 5000k with yellow laminX. On my wife's 16 RDX I went with 5000k for all her lighting because they match the diamond LEDs better.
carbonTSEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #8
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msouza91 View Post
Hey guys I'm needing some advice on LEDs. I'm looking to purchase all the leds through either VLEDs but I'm having a hard time finding info on the forums. I know i know search the threads and I have for the past month but everything is dated 2+ years back.

Anyways, im in between getting 5000k and 6500k but I have yet to find some good pictures to see the difference.

Also if anyone else has other sites or links to different style switchbacks and drls that would be awesome! Trying to go for the stock headlight color or even a little more blue.
Stock headlight colour is 4300k. 5000k can look pretty close if you are trying to match the headlights, but by the time you get to 6500k, you are putting less light on the road.
MarcoNorthPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Stock headlight colour is 4300k. 5000k can look pretty close if you are trying to match the headlights, but by the time you get to 6500k, you are putting less light on the road.
Are you referring to the low beams? Im wondering if anyone can clarify this because I think I remember on another thread thoiboi linking a website that said the low beams are 4300. Does anyones low beams actually look 4300? Mine are certainly 6500 in person. Is it possible mine aren't stock? It seems possible since I bought it from an auction but unlikely as im the second owner and the first owner was a lease and the car came as far as I could tell, completely stock.

Quote:
I stand by VLEDs when it comes to LED lighting upgrades. Best customer service that I have experienced as well and haven't had any issues either. I went with 6000k for all my bulb upgrades on the TL (DRLs, corners, switchbacks, reverse, door vanity etc.) but on the fogs I have the morimoto XB type S 5000k with yellow laminX. On my wife's 16 RDX I went with 5000k for all her lighting because they match the diamond LEDs better.
I'm also slightly curious how you have experienced their customer service if you haven't had any issues with them? One of the reviews on my LED drl/highbeams read "I bought these LEDs and had an error message on my dash, I contacted the seller and they said I need resisters to fix it. They immediately shipped me the resisters for free and it fixed it" So you don't have to have an expensive product to have good customer service.
dopeboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote