iPod not getting recognize by audio system

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod not getting recognize by audio system

I have a 2012 Tl SH-AWD with adv and tech packege. Today I tried to use my Ipods and wasnt able to connect them. Weird thing is that I'm using 2 different Ipods and non of them are working at all. The system is not recognizing them, I have the "USB-NO DATA" message but when they are plugged in the USB charge them. I restarted both of the but nothing happen. Any suggestions....????
Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by JuanTl
I have a 2012 Tl SH-AWD with adv and tech packege. Today I tried to use my Ipods and wasnt able to connect them. Weird thing is that I'm using 2 different Ipods and non of them are working at all. The system is not recognizing them, I have the "USB-NO DATA" message but when they are plugged in the USB charge them. I restarted both of the but nothing happen. Any suggestions....????

You do have music on the ipods, right? Reboot the ipods, pug them in and cycle through the car audio selector and stop at the usb. Other than that, I cannot think of anything else you could do. Make sure after you reboot ,there are no other apps running in the background. OH, make SURE your USB cable is not bad. Try another cable.
The following users liked this post:
ExGMan (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need to pair the ipod first with the car bluetooth... here is a link the my help youhttp://youtu.be/M4iS__m2-fI
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
If it is an iPod wouldn't you connect it to the USB/iPod connector and then select iPod or is it labeled iPod/USB when you select it on the audio system? I am certain that i did not need to pair the iPod via Bluetooth. I use the Bluetooth to connect my Galaxy SIII for the phone and some BT audio. My old 3rd gen iPod touch serves up all of my music and podcasts. My hard drive is still empty, not even sure why I need it with the iPod always in the center console. The HDD would be much more useful if Acura provided a way to copy mp3's to it.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I connect my iPhone 4S to the USB connector and the audio system recognizes it as "iPod." When I play the music on the iPhone the display shows lots of information including a photo of the cover art. Seems to me that if you play music through Bluetooth Audio you don't much information on the audio display.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JuanTl
I had the same problems when I was using "Itunes match" where all your music is stored on apple's cloud. Even with an LTE connection no music would play and would get "no data". It wasnt until I loaded some music locally that things started to work and music intermittently works off the cloud.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 AM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have that issue randomly with my 2009. Once in a blue moon I'll plug in my iPhone 4 and get the same blank screen with no connection...I keep the car running and unplug the iPhone from the usb adapter and plug it back in. This seems to work when she gets pissy! But I have had to turn the car off and wait for the electronics to shut off completely (30 to 60 seconds I believe) then turn it back on and run through the same motions... just my 2c

Not a huge deal for me since I have an old a$$ phone...hahaha!!
The following users liked this post:
Mr Marco (01-09-2013)