iPhone X and ‘12 TL

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 10:30 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone X and ‘12 TL

I was never able to pair my iPhone 6 with my TL, but I blamed it on my lnknw. When I got a new phone, it still never paired and to this day won’t. I briefly remember reading something about how the ‘12 TLs and the iPhone 5s never paired... is there a fix to this or am I stuck using the dock connector for life. 🤗🤗🤗🤗

PS sorry if this is a repeat thread and I could have searched for the answer somehow.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:11 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 4thgenTLjohngotti
I was never able to pair my iPhone 6 with my TL, but I blamed it on my lnknw. When I got a new phone, it still never paired and to this day won’t. I briefly remember reading something about how the ‘12 TLs and the iPhone 5s never paired... is there a fix to this or am I stuck using the dock connector for life. 🤗🤗🤗🤗

PS sorry if this is a repeat thread and I could have searched for the answer somehow.
I JUST picked up a '12 TL (with Navigation) and paired my iPhone 8 to it with no problems.

I just went to Phone Setup > Delete to delete any phones that are already configured on the system. After that was cleared, I prepared the iphone by:

1.) Making sure Bluetooth was on the iPhone by, Settings > Bluetooth (On) > and delete ANY profiles named "HandsFreeLink" > hit the "i" and hit "Forget this Device". (if you dont see this, just go to step 2.)

2.) On the car go to Phone Setup > Set Pairing Code > Choose Random, this would insure your car creates a random PIN for activation when you phone prompts for it.

3.) (make sure the iPhone is on the Bluetooth Menu) And on the car, go to Phone Setup again > Pair... It took about 1 min or 30 seconds, but the phone should show up. KEEP IN MIND - the name of the phone will show up on the car, this is based on the name of your iPhone in Settings > Bluetooth where it says "Now discoverable as "(name)".

4.) Once the phone is on screen, select it using "Select" and on the phone you should see a "Bluetooth Pairing Request - "HandsFreeLink" would like to pair..." At this moment, the car should display the code to input in the phone to complete pairing.

5.) After you input the PIN, the phone will add the HandsFreeLink profile under bluetooth and the phone should be added to the list. Done.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:40 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by AriKain
I JUST picked up a '12 TL (with Navigation) and paired my iPhone 8 to it with no problems.

I just went to Phone Setup > Delete to delete any phones that are already configured on the system. After that was cleared, I prepared the iphone by:

1.) Making sure Bluetooth was on the iPhone by, Settings > Bluetooth (On) > and delete ANY profiles named "HandsFreeLink" > hit the "i" and hit "Forget this Device". (if you dont see this, just go to step 2.)

2.) On the car go to Phone Setup > Set Pairing Code > Choose Random, this would insure your car creates a random PIN for activation when you phone prompts for it.

3.) (make sure the iPhone is on the Bluetooth Menu) And on the car, go to Phone Setup again > Pair... It took about 1 min or 30 seconds, but the phone should show up. KEEP IN MIND - the name of the phone will show up on the car, this is based on the name of your iPhone in Settings > Bluetooth where it says "Now discoverable as "(name)".

4.) Once the phone is on screen, select it using "Select" and on the phone you should see a "Bluetooth Pairing Request - "HandsFreeLink" would like to pair..." At this moment, the car should display the code to input in the phone to complete pairing.

5.) After you input the PIN, the phone will add the HandsFreeLink profile under bluetooth and the phone should be added to the list. Done.

DUDE WHAT. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I just paired it in a shady gas station parking lot and now I’m about to film my #inmyfeelingschallenge and it’ll be way easier with no cord haha thanks so much!
Old 07-16-2018, 07:25 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 4thgenTLjohngotti

DUDE WHAT. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I just paired it in a shady gas station parking lot and now I’m about to film my #inmyfeelingschallenge and it’ll be way easier with no cord haha thanks so much!
No problem! Take care!
Old 11-28-2018, 11:13 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I’ve never had an issue with pairing any of my iPhones to my ‘12 for music, just can’t use handsfree and make calls only on the iPhone X. Both features worked fine on my iPhone 8, it just stopped working right with the X. It has to die with Apple updating the BT version, but even though all of the BT versions are supposed to be backwards compatible, it doesn’t in my car.

Im curious if any of you all with iPhone X not XS, are able to use handsfree. My wife’s Mazda has an issue with the X as well, but it’s opposite from my car, meaning the handsfree feature works, just not music via BT... As far as I know, neither the car manufacturers or Apple are owning up to the issue and trying to fix it. They’re just pointing their fingers at each other while the customer is SOL...