Grayed out letters in nav

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015 | 01:18 PM
n00b

Grayed out letters in nav

Is there a way to have the nav automatically skip over the grayed out letters when scrolling to enter a destination? It seems silly that I have to scroll through a whole alphabet if I'm on A (for example), and the next available letter is W.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2015 | 11:10 AM
Burning Brakes

It automatically grays out letters that aren't seen as road names.

If you search for "Arizona Road" the GPS will try to find what other roads are available. If there isn't a road that is "Ay_______" then it will gray out the Y.

Because Ab, Ac, Ad, Ae, Af, etc are all valid road names nearby the GPS doesn't gray them out.
Old 05-17-2015 | 11:41 AM
n00b

Thanks for the reply. That part I get. What I don't understand is why I need to actually scroll through all the grayed out letters. Why doesn't the system just jump to the next available letter? For example. If I live on Main St., and I type in mai, and there are no other options other than main, why do I need to physically scroll through the grayed out j, k, l, and m to get to n, if there are no possible street names with those letters?

It's just a very minor nuisance I've seen since I got the car.
Old 05-17-2015 | 12:48 PM
LNJ
Racer

You don't have to scroll past the greyed out ones. when you select, it will select the next available one skipping the greyed out ones automatically!
Old 05-17-2015 | 02:09 PM
n00b

I'm afraid mine's broken then! Lol
Old 05-17-2015 | 02:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Eric Perry
Thanks for the reply. That part I get. What I don't understand is why I need to actually scroll through all the grayed out letters. Why doesn't the system just jump to the next available letter? For example. If I live on Main St., and I type in mai, and there are no other options other than main, why do I need to physically scroll through the grayed out j, k, l, and m to get to n, if there are no possible street names with those letters?

It's just a very minor nuisance I've seen since I got the car.
Originally Posted by LNJ
You don't have to scroll past the greyed out ones. when you select, it will select the next available one skipping the greyed out ones automatically!
Yep!

If you watch the screen, when you scroll over a gray letter it should show the next closest available letter in the little black popup box. It doesn't scroll straight to the letter but watch the black box.
Old 05-25-2015 | 08:40 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Yep!

If you watch the screen, when you scroll over a gray letter it should show the next closest available letter in the little black popup box. It doesn't scroll straight to the letter but watch the black box.
Weird. I didn't notice that. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2015 | 09:17 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Just a tip, if you put in ZIP code or Postal Code first, it will find streets faster. Sometimes it's hard to find 'ave' or it is 'avenue' or "circle" or 'cir" or what ever short form the street names are. Also, if you go to "Quebec" in Canada, street names are 'rue' and at the front so that will really screw things up a lot. i.e.Rue de St. Catherine.