ELS vs Boss

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
Ya'll are just going off the topic. The OP was asking ELS in the TL vs. Boss in the G37. He didn't ask how good or bad the ELS is, lol.

I also wonder how many of you here have owned both TL and G37???? If you have not, there is no way you can answer the question of ELS vs. Boss in the respective cars, even though you have experienced much higher end systems.

I have owned both and can attest that the ELS is better to average Joe buyers.
The following 2 users liked this post by hadokenuh:
echodigital (06-16-2014), sockpuppet (06-16-2014)
Old 06-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Verses the G37's Bose using the same audio CD, I'd say the Bose has a 'better' bass for hip-hop or techno. It has more boom but not definitely not as tight as the ELS. Midrange and treble clarity, the ELS beats it hands down.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Touge Chaser

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Verses the G37's Bose using the same audio CD, I'd say the Bose has a 'better' bass for hip-hop or techno. It has more boom but not definitely not as tight as the ELS. Midrange and treble clarity, the ELS beats it hands down.
Thanks this was answer I was waiting for.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
I've had both the ELS and Bose as well (Infiniti was the last car I had before I got my 4G in February), and the ELS is much better. I think it's a great factory system for the price point it comes in for Acura's. The Bose was good too, but not as refined.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Brock79
"Says more than enough"? Your refusal to even bother with a search says enough about you. There is one pic in the photo section. In the post a pic of you TL. I don't remember the exact name of the thread but it's an ongoing thread and should be right at the top. You can look through all of the pages and find it. As for the other pics to search for them, they are on here and exist. If you don't bother, which you obviously haven't, it tells me more than enough about your fan bay ass.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You've stated yours which, as anyone whose been here more than a day or so would expect, slams Acura and praises Ford. Again, you're entitled to your opinion...and frankly, kudos to you for honestly taking a run at putting the Ford system on a pedestal. I've never seen anyone praise Ford's audio. That took some stones.

One of the things that makes Acurazine such a great forum is the acceptance of divergent opinions. There's fanboyism, sure...but it's condoned to some extent. One of the reasons I got rid of my BlackBerry is I couldn't stand the thought of being lumped together with the fanatics on the Crackberry site. We're a pretty accepting group, here, and will listen to criticism...especially when it's supportable.

That said, you keep asking others to do your research for you, and yet you have not put up any worthwhile links supporting your opinion. Again, you're entitled to that opinion, but I don't think you should expect anyone to accept it without something more.

For me, I like the ELS system. Everybody I've had in my car compliments it. And all the reviews I've read about it are complimentary. Very. I've not heard anything good about "Ford audio", but then, I've never looked.

Please quit asking others to prove your point. That's your job.
The following 4 users liked this post by sockpuppet:
docboy (06-16-2014), echodigital (06-16-2014), hadokenuh (06-16-2014), lift3d_ (06-16-2014)
Old 06-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 89 Posts
Not the best pic as I loaded it from my iPhone and it's a large pic, so I had to crop it
Attached Thumbnails ELS vs Boss-image.jpg  
Old 06-16-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
If you don't bother, which you obviously haven't, it tells me more than enough about your fan bay ass.
*boy

anyways, learn to multi-quote. You're making this thread look messy.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Same thing here, these are prior to the repaint and the Princeton tag is gone now
Attached Thumbnails ELS vs Boss-image.jpg  
Old 06-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by paperboy42190
*boy

anyways, learn to multi-quote. You're making this thread look messy.
I know how to multi quote, but I only do it when all the responses relate to each other "fan boy"
Old 06-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
Ya'll are just going off the topic. The OP was asking ELS in the TL vs. Boss in the G37. He didn't ask how good or bad the ELS is, lol.

I also wonder how many of you here have owned both TL and G37???? If you have not, there is no way you can answer the question of ELS vs. Boss in the respective cars, even though you have experienced much higher end systems.

If you owned both, you would know its a BOSE system not a BOSS system.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
If you owned both, you would know its a BOSE system not a BOSS system.
Of course it's a mistype. Same error the OP made. You are now just picking on little things and going off topic. You have no idea what you are talking about

I already mentioned above, I am pretty sure the Bose head unit in the G37 is made by Clarion, it is "Bose certified", whatever that means. I am not sure who made the speakers in the G37 though.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
coming from an accord the ELS is a huge step up for sure. I test drove a 2014 GS350 sport before the TL ($15k more lol) and can easily say the mark levinson is superior but it should be, just as the B&O is in the audi a6 and up ($60k+ range). I enjoy it so I won't change it, but if you're really picky chances are it makes more sense to do it yourself rather than paying several thousands in the case of the germans.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Of course it's a mistype. Same error the OP made. You are now just picking on little things and going off topic. You have no idea what you are talking about

I already mentioned above, I am pretty sure the Bose head unit in the G37 is made by Clarion, it is "Bose certified", whatever that means. I am not sure who made the speakers in the G37 though.
I'm not picking on little things. A decimal point is a small thing. If you owed 1,000.00 dollars on say your credit card and the company moved the decimal point and you now owe 10,000.00, not such a small thing now right. You're still talking about a BOSS system yet I have no idea? Um ok, go buy a clue.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:54 PM
2011 SH-AWD 6MT

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
NPR sounds awesome in my car.
The following users liked this post:
VR1 (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 12:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I found DVD-A completely useless and crap. Maybe it's great for those who actually listening to music that was released in DVD-A format but for me, all I listen to is your typical HipHop, EDM and Top 40 or whatnot. Why should I have to cater my music choice to Acura in order to get good quality sound?

That's the thing with these other high end companies like Mark Levinson or whatever. While they might be in a lot higher priced cars and the sound quality might kick ass. The company (I believe Audi uses them) goes for the industry standard which is .mp3 etc, sirius, HD radio... I think Acura should have focused more on that because no one in my family owns a DVD-A format disc and I haven't met anyone who has got in my car and said "Hey, your car plays DVD-A discs? That's cool. I have a bunch!"... Instead. They say, "Can I plug in my iPod?"

I'm not saying ELS is junk but I'm not going to start listening to the Beach Boys (and that generation music) and spend $30 for a DVD-A disc when I can go on iTunes on my phone and download a whole Avicii album or something for $12.99. It just doesn't make sense to me. (I might as well point out that Gracenote also sucks because it doesn't detect any "modern" music... like 2005+ Top 40 albums)

In my opinion, I can tell you that when I drove a G35, my treble would be cranked and my bass would generally be sitting in the middle to low range. With the ELS system, the treble is good and clear, but the bass isn't there for the genre I listen to. And as much as everyone likes to bash on Brock and his Fords (I hate american cars and I'd probably never own one) I was impressed with their audio system in the Taurus. Maybe I can't hear between good and bad quality stereos but I can't say I didn't like it. There wasn't any rattling out of the sub where as my TL would have a rattle if I turned the bass high enough.

Last edited by andrewcjduong; 06-17-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:34 AM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

yeah, but brock can't resist any opportunity to shit on the acura brand.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by amill
yeah, but brock can't resist any opportunity to shit on the acura brand.
That's not true at all and the ELS system is not an Acura brand, it's a Panasonic product made for Acura. Get your shit right, if you're going to talk shit. I don't shit on Acura on everything, there are a few things I have issues with about the TL. Those are my Opinions and experiences.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Racer

That's not true at all and the ELS system is not an Acura brand, it's a Panasonic product made for Acura. Get your shit right, if you're going to talk shit. I don't shit on Acura on everything, there are a few things I have issues with about the TL. Those are my Opinions and experiences.
You know what I meant. I'm fully aware that "ELS" isn't an Acura brand, but it's a brand they wanted to make synonymous with Acura.

Your last two sentences are hilarious. Between your threads regarding God's Chariot (read: Taurus SHO) being better in every way, to your lifted pick-up out handling "your" SH-AWD around corners, that statement is laughable.

Your shtick is growing quite old.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by amill
You know what I meant. I'm fully aware that "ELS" isn't an Acura brand, but it's a brand they wanted to make synonymous with Acura.

Your last two sentences are hilarious. Between your threads regarding God's Chariot (read: Taurus SHO) being better in every way, to your lifted pick-up out handling "your" SH-AWD around corners, that statement is laughable.

Your shtick is growing quite old.
So you have no experience in either a SHO or my truck, yet you are going to tell me the difference? Hmm I guess that sounds about right. You didnt mention my Vette though, does my TL out handle that as well? Just let me know, it's pretty obvious you know more about my cars than I do. Tell me what I should do to my custom suspension on my truck so it handles poorly to meet your criteria. Also should I rip out everything extra my SHO has so, it will have less than the TL does? After all of this then yea, your statements will be true, as of now they are BS. You have no idea.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Burning Brakes

By the way, I posted a few pics of my TL, I don't hear anymore "wheres your TL pics?". Like I have already said, I posted pics of my TL on here previously. If you want to see my SHO, go to the SHO forum and search.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewcjduong
I don't know about you guys but I found DVD-A completely useless and crap. Maybe it's great for those who actually listening to music that was released in DVD-A format but for me, all I listen to is your typical HipHop, EDM and Top 40 or whatnot. Why should I have to cater my music choice to Acura in order to get good quality sound?
Yeah, if you listen to that stuff, the ELS is not for you. It's tuned for crystal clear DVD audio above all else.
Then again, it's the MP3 craze and highly compressed music that killed off the trend in higher quality audio in the first place. Sad really, people don't know what they're missing.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:02 AM
Racer

So you have no experience in either a SHO or my truck, yet you are going to tell me the difference? Hmm I guess that sounds about right. You didnt mention my Vette though, does my TL out handle that as well? Just let me know, it's pretty obvious you know more about my cars than I do. Tell me what I should do to my custom suspension on my truck so it handles poorly to meet your criteria. Also should I rip out everything extra my SHO has so, it will have less than the TL does? After all of this then yea, your statements will be true, as of now they are BS. You have no idea.
I'm simply repeating the drivel that you have posted in the past.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:28 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,617 Likes on 974 Posts
thank you guys! I respect positive and negative opinion. I don't own any of the two but I am in the market to buy one. Yesterday, I went to car dealership and test drove a 2011 Acura TL SH-AWD tech pack. The car is amazing. I cannot wait to buy one.

As far as for the ELS system, I tested it and its quiet good. I was very impressed but then again I have an accord right now so I might not be the best person to judge.
The following users liked this post:
hadokenuh (06-23-2014)
Old 06-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Bose for better bass when it comes to Hip-Hop? Bose is living on their name. Harmon-Kardon sounds better then Bose.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Love Guru

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
Brock79 >> I think you may wanna search on Panasonic before you make a "claim" that Panasonic isnt producing anything quality for home or car usage. Panasonic Plasma TVs were, and still are, one of the best in the market. Also, dont forget to search Panasonic Toughbook. You will be surprised how much Panasonic makes and what they make. Just because you never got a chance to use something by a particular brand does not make it a "non-existing" brand.

Coming back to the ELS vs Bose, so OP, it all comes down to you. I have used Bose as well as ELS. To me, the ELS sounds more "natural". Bose is good in its own way. As far as the reviews go, yes ELS is rated higher than the overrated Bose.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:31 PM
LNJ
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
I think the point Brock was trying to make was that Panasonic is a nobody in audio!
And Bose like ELS does not make their car audio. Clarion is the maker of Bose car audio.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by compewterbleu
Bose for better bass when it comes to Hip-Hop? Bose is living on their name. Harmon-Kardon sounds better then Bose.
I was comparing those two only.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Love Guru

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by LNJ
I think the point Brock was trying to make was that Panasonic is a nobody in audio!
And Bose like ELS does not make their car audio. Clarion is the maker of Bose car audio.
Makes sense. Alright, so in that case, search Technics, the audio division of Panasonic that makes audio systems to compete against high-end audio manufacturers. So in other words, Panasonic may not play in the Ban & Olufsen or Macintosh division, it still know how to score a home run, in this case, in the form of ELS surround.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
After the Tint Job change those Speakers out with the Quickness. Stock was embarrassing. When you got ladies questioning the quality of your system then yeaaaa... lol
Old 07-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
I've heard a lot of you say you've blown out your speakers. 2 questions:

1) any way to CONFIRM 100% your speaker is blown out?
-Sometimes I get A LOT of rattling during EVERY song played.
-Other times it's just certain songs...I suppose particular frequencies in songs make it seem like the speaker is blown.
-Other times there is nothing at all.
So I can't really tell if it's blown or not, but it's certainly a piss off. May even be my BT feed from my phone. I've had a shitty connection in my last car as well where everything sounded kinda fuzzy... then was fine next time it connected. I have no clue. I would hate to book an appointment and the dealer say "we could not replicate the problem".

2) warranty - If a speaker is confirmed to be blown, will my "comprehensive coverage" get that replaced for me free of charge?

Any experiences here with such issues?

NOTE: I play all my music via Bluetooth Audio... typically at very high volumes. I hit 30-40 volume quite regularly.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:12 PM
rock the block

Received 143 Likes on 116 Posts
lol....i'd say the differences between ELS and Bose are no different than the differences in people's hearing capabilities. What's the point of this thread? If it sounds good to you, enjoy it. If it doesn't, do something about it or get a new car.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:08 PM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
I've now owned a 05 and a '12 TL, i'm not much into sound systems, however I think the ELS system is very adequate.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by lift3d_
lol....i'd say the differences between ELS and Bose are no different than the differences in people's hearing capabilities. What's the point of this thread? If it sounds good to you, enjoy it. If it doesn't, do something about it or get a new car.
Exactly! The ELS system sounds great to me!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:05 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm 52 and have had 21 new cars going back to 1980, (certified car junkie!) and the ELS system beats all the factory systems, even the Bose in the 2005 Vette. It's good all the time, but surprisingly good when you play DVD A source material.

I've had custom systems, twin subs, programmable equalizer-crossover units, etc. You can get better sound doing the custom components, but it's expensive. On newer cars you create a set of new problems where the interface between voice commands, nav systems, and on screen displays, etc don't work as designed.

Sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeeze with custom systems on new cars.

THE ELS system is a terrific factory system -just wish I'd known it sooner!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:02 AM
n00b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have owned both g37 with Bose and TL with ELS. The ELS sounds better to my ears...
Agreed. I just replaced my '13 G37 lease with an '11 TL SH-AWD. The ELS system is far better to me.