Center Channel Speaker size

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center Channel Speaker size

Does anybody know the size of the center channel speaker on an '09 with Tech package? I got that the ohms are 2 from searching around, but just couldnt find the size. If you know the rest of the sizes, I'd appreciate it if those are listed as well.

Looks like my center channel is blown and i dont know how long i can stand the crackling, would rather just upgrade it instead.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
3 inch. I replace it with the midrange speaker from the Focal KRX3.

SPEAKER ASSY. (17CM) (PANASONIC) Fronts and Rear Deck
SPEAKER ASSY., TWEETER (ELS) (PANASONIC)
SPEAKER ASSY., RR. DOOR (8CM) (PANASONIC)
SPEAKER ASSY., WOOFER (20CM) (PANASONIC)
SPEAKER ASSY., CENTER (8CM) (PANASONIC)
Old 01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
6th Gear

Interesting. Thanks for the breakdown of the rest of them. 2 ohm speakers are scarce so hopefully i find something, I'd hate for it to snowball into an audio overhaul.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Shezi
Interesting. Thanks for the breakdown of the rest of them. 2 ohm speakers are scarce so hopefully i find something, I'd hate for it to snowball into an audio overhaul.
We in 3rd gen do infinity/JBL the Reference speakers sound great I'd never do mid-bass speaker for ctr chl. I'd do 2 range to inhance the clarity of stock Full-range drivers. I'm upgranding all Full-range drivers to 2-ways leaving stock tweeters in there. It ups the number of speakers thereby adding clarity. I bet 4th gen upgrade to all Clarion 2 way would be great. BTW Infinity/JBL are 2ohm stock. Thaat's why we use them. Drop to 4ohm and volume drop. Dumb move.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:36 PM
6th Gear

Yea, i get the ohms thing pretty well. So far i've seen some JBL coax 2 ohm sets, I imagine the Infinity's are similar to those? If anything I might upgrade the sub and front speakers and give them a dedicated amp to boost up the front stage. Could care less for the folks in the back seats...
Old 01-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

Yea, i get the ohms thing pretty well. So far i've seen some JBL coax 2 ohm sets, I imagine the Infinity's are similar to those? If anything I might upgrade the sub and front speakers and give them a dedicated amp to boost up the front stage. Could care less for the folks in the back seats...
JBL/Infinity are both made by Harmin Kardin. If you start adding amps you loose the Surround sound. If you don't like dolby 2/dts/5.1, go ahead but my opinion is that you are fk'g up a very nice system. Addeng 2 ways to any full range driver to heighten the clarity is all I'd do. Anything else you are messing the balance.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:02 PM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I wonder if Harman Kardon is aware of this.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Six Shifter
Aware of what? are you trying to be an ass?..,,.lol. If i misspelled please correct me rather than making jokes and I'll gladly thank you.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 PM
6th Gear

I probably wont be listening to anything in surround sound anyway, so i could care less. My main purpose of adding an amp to the front and sub would be to have more overhead and thus a cleaner overall sound. I'll probably have the overall volume only a little above what i have now. I could on and on with reasons but I just wanted to know the size of the center channel so I can replace that for now.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:35 PM
6th Gear

Also, it goes without saying that I'd be changing out the components up front with a matched pair of components of my liking. At this point though, i'm rambling.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Racer

I probably wont be listening to anything in surround sound anyway, so i could care less. My main purpose of adding an amp to the front and sub would be to have more overhead and thus a cleaner overall sound. I'll probably have the overall volume only a little above what i have now. I could on and on with reasons but I just wanted to know the size of the center channel so I can replace that for now.
If you don't care about surround, keep the center channel as is for voice command, navi-voice and bluetooth and change out the front components and sub. Changing the center channel will add nothing if you listen in 2 channel mode.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Brew0360
If you don't care about surround, keep the center channel as is for voice command, navi-voice and bluetooth and change out the front components and sub. Changing the center channel will add nothing if you listen in 2 channel mode.
I should have read your initial post. If I were you I would spend $ 25 for a new OEM center and call it a day.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Six Shifter
Forum rules and guidelines for NWS and posting (PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST)
We have decided to add some rules for 3G and now 4G concerning posting.

If you are new you need to search before posting a thread. There is so much information in the garage and all over this site. I guarantee you its been asked before.

Treat new members with respect. I was new once and had no idea how to use the search function. Lets help them out, thats why we are here. Theres nothing wrong with telling them to search, just be respectful about it.

If you are out of line or confrontational you will be warned. You get one warning then if you are a repeat offender you get a two week ban. If during that ban you come back under a different username you will be banned permanently. Your second offense after two weeks is a month ban. Again, coming back under a different username = permanent ban.

We do not censor language. We have some latitude on this one. But please choose your words wisely. We do not allow cursing in thread titles. No need to talk e-gansta either. This isnt a back alley.

Please no commments on grammar/spelling/command of the English language. For some this is not their first language.

TL is not the forum to sell items. We have a black market in the Off Topic section. Please post all for sale items there.

This forum is information based. We try to keep it that way. If you have nothing to add to a thread then do not post. People start threads here because they need answers. If you can't provide any input you are better off not posting.

If you need to let your hair down and talk about anything, then feel free to go to Ramblings in the Off Topic section. That is where it needs to stay.

These rules are not designed to take the fun out of posting. Their main purpose is to keep this forum civil. This is not a mens locker room. Im not saying we cant have discussions here. We just need to be mature about it.

Most important, if there is an argument going on or someone is out of line, do not add fuel to the fire. Any participation in it makes you just as guilty. Just PM the staff and we will take care of the situation.

From this point on there is zero tolerance. All warnings will be sent in the form of a PM. If you cant follow the rules after that you will be banned and an email will be sent informing you of the banning. AcuraZine Staff reserve the right to determine whether any post is in violation of these guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

TL Moderating Team