Bluetooth Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Issues?

I have had a lot of trouble trying to get my 4G TL/Tech vehicle to pair with our Bluetooth phones. My first phone, a Nokia N75 is on the "compatible" list, but wouldnt answer through the car system when paired. I replaced it with a Motorola V9x and am able to pair it, but when the car or phone is shut off, they wont automatically connect tthe next time either is turned back on. The HFL, ATT Wireless and Motorola "customer support" folks havent supported me a whole lot as yet; any thoughts or similar experiences? Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Advanced

change options

I would think you have to go to the handsfreeLink properties on your phone and set the permissions to trusted and not to ask to connect.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Call the HFL help number in the owners manual.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Colin
Call the HFL help number in the owners manual.
I called them first, essentially they asked if the bluetooth in the phone was turned on; then they said I'd need to call the service provider. ATT said to call Motorola. Motorola's customer support said that I should call their software division. . .
Old 12-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by igowest
I would think you have to go to the handsfreeLink properties on your phone and set the permissions to trusted and not to ask to connect.
My phone has no settings to allow "permission"; it shows that it is "paired" with the car. It just wont hook up automatically when you enter the car, or if either has been powered off. Curiously, the bluetooth indicator on the dashboard lights up, but there is no "signal strength" showing up unless I manually access the settings in the phone, drop the HFL link, then manually ask it to reconnect. The cycle then starts over.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

The last motorola I had (V3) turned off the bluetooth if no paired device was found. This meant that EVERY time I wanted to use it with a car that it was already paired to, I had to manually turn on the bluetooth prior to starting the car. If the V9 is working the same way, (and you don't like it) you should look for a phone that the bluetooth is "on till you turn it off" The iPhone is like this as were my older Sony Ericssons.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Colin
The last motorola I had (V3) turned off the bluetooth if no paired device was found. This meant that EVERY time I wanted to use it with a car that it was already paired to, I had to manually turn on the bluetooth prior to starting the car. If the V9 is working the same way, (and you don't like it) you should look for a phone that the bluetooth is "on till you turn it off" The iPhone is like this as were my older Sony Ericssons.
The V9 is certainly behaving like that, but it has a setting where I am able to switch the bluetooth on/off. it remains in the on position. But it does acknowledge when the car is shut off by beeping. Maybe its going into some power-saving mode of some kind that requires me to manually reestablish contact. But I would think that this would be a known issue and a well-documented problem. I havent been able to get a lot of info from any sources I've tried. I also have an Iphone; it works perfectly with the car. And yes, I have deleted it so that it wouldnt create conflicts with the Moto. It still wont link up.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Suzuka Master

The fact that the iPhone is working well probably indicates the problem lies in the Moto. I'd call the HFL customer service number again. You might get a different rep.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:38 PM
8th Gear

I beg to differ.

I have just bought the new TL. I traded in my '07 TL-S for it. I really like my new TL. What I do not like, is the fact that my V9x PAIRED with my TL-S and it does NOT pair with my new TL. To me, it hows an unbelievable arrogance of the Acura people. They already produce one of the worse electronic applications around, and now THIS?

The minimum that is expected of ANY system, and HandsFreeLink is an application, is BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY.

Guesss what, the idiots at Acura, haven't heard about this term.

Nokia is the largest phone manufacturer in the world. How many Nokia phones are supported by the NEW HFL? NONE!
Motorola is the SECOND largest - how many of Moto's phones are supported?

What is more likely? That both Nokia and Motorola don't know what they are doing? Or i it likely that the HFL people don't know what they are doing?

Again, my phone PAIRED with the TL-S HFL. It doesn't with the new one....

What am I supposed to do now? Shell out MORE money for a new phone?

I have one thing to say to the acura people - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.