Bluetooth and iPhone 5 issues fixed with 6.0.1

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Bluetooth and iPhone 5 issues fixed with 6.0.1

I can now change songs on both my music and pandora streaming, using the steering controls.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Not to steal the thread but does anyone have issues with iOS6 and the sound system?
Occasionally, ill get a message reading "unsupported" and my favorite "no data". USB port is fully plugged in and it does not matter if my Bluetooth is on or off.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

I see that once in awhile. Try cleaning the dock connector. Sometimes its necessary to reboot the phone.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have a 2010 tl tech and just got an iphone 5. Does anyone see music information, etc while playing over BT? I tried to play music either spotify, pandora or music from the cloud connecting to the ipod connector but would not work. Any ideas?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

try rebooting the phone,while you are in it, then plug it in. For Bluetooth streaming, clear all phones from the car, remove the car from the phone. Reboot and re-pair.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Intermediate

[QUOTE=dwest1023;14200679]try rebooting the phone,while you are in it, then plug it in. For Bluetooth streaming, clear all phones from the car, remove the car from the phone. Reboot and re-pair.[/QUOTE

I will try that, so I understand correctly, you have your iphone (5?) connected
via the ipod interface and it shows music metadata?
I am able to stream music via BT and press the skip button and goes to the next song, but music metadata (artist, song, etc) is not displayed.

There is a lot of activity on the apple forums on lack of BT functionality with IOS 6 (especially 6.1.1) with all sorts of car stereos.

[QUOTE=mlopez_4;14201173]
Originally Posted by dwest1023
try rebooting the phone,while you are in it, then plug it in. For Bluetooth streaming, clear all phones from the car, remove the car from the phone. Reboot and re-pair.[/QUOTE

I will try that, so I understand correctly, you have your iphone (5?) connected
via the ipod interface and it shows music metadata?
I am able to stream music via BT and press the skip button and goes to the next song, but music metadata (artist, song, etc) is not displayed.

There is a lot of activity on the apple forums on lack of BT functionality with IOS 6 (especially 6.1.1) with all sorts of car stereos.
Tried rebooting and re-pairing while docked. Get the message of "no song" while docked. Still gets streamed via BT with no song info.

I also have an itouch that does show song information when docked.

[QUOTE=mlopez_4;14201211]
Originally Posted by mlopez_4

Tried rebooting and re-pairing while docked. Get the message of "no song" while docked. Still gets streamed via BT with no song info.

I also have an itouch that does show song information when docked.
This pretty much sums up what I am seeing
http://www.ceoutlook.com/2012/09/25/...ems-with-ios6/

Still curious how you got yours to work with the ipod dock.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 12-07-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have 09 and it only list song, aritist, list, etc. There is no album art. I'm in my car now and the music plays fine with docking. Bluetooth control works only after I reboot phone. It will always stream music, but if I want steering wheel contro to work I have to reboot phone.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Intermediate

I have 09 and it only list song, aritist, list, etc. There is no album art. I'm in my car now and the music plays fine with docking. Bluetooth control works only after I reboot phone. It will always stream music, but if I want steering wheel contro to work I have to reboot phone.
Thanks so much for the feedback so you stream with BT or through the dock?
I had the same issue with an android EVO 4G - I can stream through BT on both smartphones, but not the dock. In either case through BT I got no song or artist information. I DO get it when docking my ITOUCH 2nd generation, which has an earlier IOS version.

So since you have an 09 tech, and the same phone (IPHONE 5 6.0.1), I should be able to do the same. I dont have to reboot the phone to get BT working though. BT works consistently, but I would rather do it through the dock so I can see the song information and not have to futz with my phone while driving to change songs. There is one more thing. All my songs are in the cloud or accessed from Spotify or Pandora. I will put some music locally and see what happens.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks so much for the feedback so you stream with BT or through the dock?
I had the same issue with an android EVO 4G - I can stream through BT on both smartphones, but not the dock. In either case through BT I got no song or artist information. I DO get it when docking my ITOUCH 2nd generation, which has an earlier IOS version.

So since you have an 09 tech, and the same phone (IPHONE 5 6.0.1), I should be able to do the same. I dont have to reboot the phone to get BT working though. BT works consistently, but I would rather do it through the dock so I can see the song information and not have to futz with my phone while driving to change songs. There is one more thing. All my songs are in the cloud or accessed from Spotify or Pandora. I will put some music locally and see what happens.

I can stream via Bluetooth, but I MUST reboot if I want to be able to control the phone from the steering wheel controls. In other words, if I want to change to the next song using steering control, for some reason it will not work unless I reboot first. After that I can get in and out the car and it works fine. If I don't reboot with Bluetooth I can still stream, but I would have to change songs via the phone. I do not think this was an issue for me, with prior version of iphone OS. In any event most of the time I use USB as the sound quality is much better. I kept my iPhone 4g to play my music in the car.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Intermediate

I can stream via Bluetooth, but I MUST reboot if I want to be able to control the phone from the steering wheel controls. In other words, if I want to change to the next song using steering control, for some reason it will not work unless I reboot first. After that I can get in and out the car and it works fine. If I don't reboot with Bluetooth I can still stream, but I would have to change songs via the phone. I do not think this was an issue for me, with prior version of iphone OS. In any event most of the time I use USB as the sound quality is much better. I kept my iPhone 4g to play my music in the car.
Ok! kinda silly but as long as I load songs from spotify or my collections and turn off Itunes match I can play music off the USB connection. That is, it must be on the internal storage of the iphone 5 to play with USB.
Funny but I tried to recreate the issue you have about rebooting the phone and never have too to control the music from the steering wheel. If you turn on itunes match it will try to load all your music on the cloud.

Ok! kinda silly but as long as I load songs from spotify or my collections and turn off Itunes match I can play music off the USB connection. That is, it must be on the internal storage of the iphone 5 to play with USB.
Funny but I tried to recreate the issue you have about rebooting the phone and never have too to control the music from the steering wheel. If you turn on itunes match it will try to load all your music on the cloud.
Sorry, meant to say I never have to reboot to use the steering wheel controls.

Sorry, meant to say I never have to reboot to use the steering wheel controls.
Actually now Pandora and Spotify are working now out of the USB port.
Go figure.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 12-07-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Mlopez, in the lower right hand corner of each post, the middle icon is a Multi-Quote button.

This allows you to reply to more than one person in a single reply.

Give it a try-it will make responding here on AcuraZine a whole lot easier!
The following users liked this post:
mlopez_4 (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Intermediate

,thanks