Bluetooth Crackling

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Crackling

Has anyone noticed a crackling sound when listening to music on their iPhone over bluetooth? It sounded fine when I left the dealer, but I went home and changed the pairing code. Now there seems to be a crackling sound almost like a poorly coded MP3. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thx....
Old 05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, I haven't noticed this with I listen to music from my iphone. Might want to try repairing your player with the TL. You could try pairing another player to the TL to see if you can eliminate the player as the issue.

I must say tho that the quality in general isn't that good and I end up using Aux input. I don't hear any crackling but I do hear clipping at the high end so the quality difference is noticable.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:37 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by omnimax
No, I haven't noticed this with I listen to music from my iphone. Might want to try repairing your player with the TL. You could try pairing another player to the TL to see if you can eliminate the player as the issue.

I must say tho that the quality in general isn't that good and I end up using Aux input. I don't hear any crackling but I do hear clipping at the high end so the quality difference is noticable.
Thanks omnimax. Clipping is a better term for what Im experiencing as opposed to "crackling". I was planning on using the AUX input anyway just because I can then control things with the dashboard controls. I was more or less curious if anyone else had run into this as well. My wife's iPhone does the same thing with her RDX, so it would seem to be a common issue with Acura.

Thanks again
Old 05-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I think its combination of really nice speakers that bring out the limitations of bluetooth audio. The audio from my moto S9 BT headphones also show somewhat noticable quality downgrade compared to a standard headphones. Its definitely more than adequate for podcast applications but for music, it works fine but my ears can tell that AUX is better.