Bluetooth Audio Shutoff - Alternator/Battery Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 06:20 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Bluetooth Audio Shutoff - Alternator/Battery Problems

Having a problem with my car (2010 Acura TL) where the Bluetooth cuts out randomly when I’m driving . The problem got worse where the entire dash and navigation screen were flashing on and off also the car lost throttle response for a second. The car finally flashed a trouble code P0685 then a day later the alternator bearing started whirling before I could order the alternator the car the car started sputtering and died. The problem was the alternator plus a new battery. Now that those items are replaced the car’s Bluetooth still continues to cut on and off. Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:42 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
Bluetooth modules in Acuras are known to go bad. Repair or replace it. Removing the PCB from the case and sticking it in the oven at 450 degrees may fix it (reflows cold solder joints).
Old 06-13-2018, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same issue

I've been having the same issue with my bluetooth and it seems to keep getting worse. My bluetooth went off and on 4 times back to back within a 2 minute time period. I always thought it was a no cell or bad cell reception, until I came across this forum today. I've been wondering if this is a common problem or if it was just my car having the issues.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:01 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang it. That is exactly what I have been experiencing lately.