2012 TL advanced pack and Samsung galaxy s7

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 07:21 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 TL advanced pack and Samsung galaxy s7

Good morning! Yesterday morning I purchased a beautiful 2012 TL advanced. I also own a Galaxy S7 Edge. I'd like to be able to use the hands free calling functions of this car as well as stream music through Pandora...and in a perfect world mirror my screen so I could use Google Maps...although I realize that last item is highly unlikely. Can I connect through the USB Port? Or do I need to stream through Bluetooth? How do I go about this? I checked on Acuras hands free link site for supported phones on the 2012 TL and it was a short list and I think the most recent galaxy it showed supported was maybe the S4?? Advice?
Old 01-02-2018, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve McFarland
Good morning! Yesterday morning I purchased a beautiful 2012 TL advanced. I also own a Galaxy S7 Edge. I'd like to be able to use the hands free calling functions of this car as well as stream music through Pandora...and in a perfect world mirror my screen so I could use Google Maps...although I realize that last item is highly unlikely. Can I connect through the USB Port? Or do I need to stream through Bluetooth? How do I go about this? I checked on Acuras hands free link site for supported phones on the 2012 TL and it was a short list and I think the most recent galaxy it showed supported was maybe the S4?? Advice?
Hey, I have a 2012 Acura TL as well. You will to have hands free and stream Pandora through bluetooth once you add your phone to the car and allow everything. As far as mirror it is possible through a device called Navtool which you can and have a professional install it.. but i don't think it's really worth it unless the screen bothers you. You can actually change the color ofthe screen and how the map displays in different times or the day or update it but it only updates the locations on the map. I am probably going to buy an Ipod as it seems to be compatible with them. So as for now you are stuck with bluetooth. Who ever designed the radio and nav didnt want to make it music or Android friendly. To download music in in the cars HDD you need a CD DA disk and cant use a CD R or a CD RW. You can't even up load it to the HDD through a flash drive.. what idiots