Traded-in the TL SH-AWD

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PenguinTL
Actually it doesn't always...even having had a 2007 TL-S, the test drive with my 2010 didn't really accurately represent how much tighter sprung the AWD is on less-than-stellar pavement. It wasn't until I took my new car home and drove it to work that I realized it wasn't as comfortable as I thought it was initially.
That. The roads around my dealer are the dam near flattest and nicely paved roads around. Their "bad road" was nothing and I had no idea how the SHAWD would react to bad roads. After owning it for a few weeks, I realized the constant "bombombombbombombombombom" "budung badung badung" "bambambambambambambam" were so annoying I could not stand it anymore. How can the SHAWD TL be so poor at deadening road noise? Honestly, the Base model isn't that great either. Horrible NVH balance, it's like a quieter version of my civic, still horrible on any rough or uneven road. I hope honda/acura makes NVH a priority from now on. No, they don't need to be isolation chambers like the Lexus LS, but please go look at some higher end BMW's and Audi's and try to outdo them!

BTW I don't know how you guys get away with 25min+ and overnight test drives. If you asked any dealer in the Los Angeles area to give you more than a few blocks, they'll just laugh in your face.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonwdp10
That. The roads around my dealer are the dam near flattest and nicely paved roads around. Their "bad road" was nothing and I had no idea how the SHAWD would react to bad roads. After owning it for a few weeks, I realized the constant "bombombombbombombombombom" "budung badung badung" "bambambambambambambam" were so annoying I could not stand it anymore. How can the SHAWD TL be so poor at deadening road noise? Honestly, the Base model isn't that great either. Horrible NVH balance, it's like a quieter version of my civic, still horrible on any rough or uneven road. I hope honda/acura makes NVH a priority from now on. No, they don't need to be isolation chambers like the Lexus LS, but please go look at some higher end BMW's and Audi's and try to outdo them!

BTW I don't know how you guys get away with 25min+ and overnight test drives. If you asked any dealer in the Los Angeles area to give you more than a few blocks, they'll just laugh in your face.
I stress the fact it's my money and I don't have to spen it with you or on this car.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure the quality changed somewhat, but I must say the only people I have known and spoken with about their Chryslers had serious problems. Hopefully the opposite is the case for you! If you enjoy the car then the brand and what people think don't matter at all!

1.) 1989 Chrysler Voyager (Mother's) had a bad head gasket after about 55,000 miles. After overheating a few times, the engine had to be replaced (block warped). Fortunately for my folks, they were able to convince Chrysler to fix it out of warranty at no cost.

2.) 1999 Chrysler Voyager (Mother's again), transmission failed after about 30,000 miles, and had several issues with the transmission thereafter. The van's headliner began to sag after only 8 years, the alarm system lasted about 5 years, the window switch was toast after about 7 years, the sound system lasted about 5 years, etc., those are all I can think of right now.

3.) 1997 Jeep (friend's) Exhaust manifold cracked after 45,000 miles. Firewall sound leak a few thousand miles later... he then sold the vehicle.

By contrast my Dad's (and now my) 1992 Acura Legend literally had one issue up until 130,000 miles, which was a differential pinion seal. I would say the same Acura parts that failed compared to the Chrysler parts had about an average of 100,000 extra miles and 11-12 years of extra abuse before failing.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exactly was your discomfort. Personally I'm not a fan of how short the bottom portion is vs. the angle of attach to the gas pedal. It doesn't make for a comfortable ride. Especially on long trips.