Takeda, Windows, Res delete and more exp!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
OMGTHEDONNY

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Takeda, Windows, Res delete and more exp!

Hello all, Recently I bought my TL-AWD a couple weeks ago and I did a couple mods I just wanted to share some pictures and some stuff I experienced when going through it...

1) Tinted windows
I overpaid for my tint about 350$ but I got the best tint money could by 3M which is clear and has no magnetic or metal in the tint.

2) replaced the headlights 8000K HIDs some cheep ones from ebay paid about 15$ for the pair.

in this pic you can see STOCK LIGHT is on the LEFT(pass side) New light is on the right (driver side) you can bearly notice a difference in this picture the 8K's have a little blue-ish tint but not the point where they look cheep or stupid IMO.

and yes I did take the bumper off because I wanted to take my time and I was alone my fat ass arm would not fit behind the wheel well and into the HID sockets. it only took about 2 Hours for the total job

3) Deleted resonator. This mod was very cool made the car sound really good but I had my Takeda on the way - since my bumper was already off for the lights why the hell not?? also cuts down on some USELESS weight..

no time since bumper was off

4) de badged just the TL and Acura spelling from back - this took about 30 minutes total.. Use a hair dry to heat up the letterings, then put some thread or string behind the letterings and they peal off VERY easy I was surprised how easy it was.. After your done you will notice the paint still has a ghostly image of the letters there, I used some wax 2 coats worth and waxed those spots 2 times each and that clened it up and you can no longer see the old spelling

ignore my world of warcraft license plate :P

5) Last the Takeda intake - HOLY SHIT!!! I thought just deleting the resonator made a big difference with sound?? But the Takeda takes it WAYYYYY to the next level - it makes the fucking car sound BEAST you can notice the change of sound anytime past 3k RPM but the great thing is if your driving normal with the car it is still quiet.

this took 2 hours to install for me (im terrible) but if I can note to you guys - there is a step that says remove the battery because there is 1 8MM bolt near the battery you must take off and you CANNOT get to it because it is at a fucked up angle, here is what I did.. Took the 3 other 8MM bolts off, then I just yanked on the whole stock instake upward as hard as I could and it snapped the plastic that the 4th bolt was latched on to so no I didnt have to take off the battery and no harm was done because it was just a plastic piece!

I cannot stress enough how fucking good the car sounds with this intake if you like your resonator delete this honestly takes it to the next level, when im between 5-7K RPM people turn their heads all the time it is truly beast!!!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
OMGTHEDONNY

Someone just PM'd me and asked about the tubes where they go for the intake install? well because I am limited member and this site is being dumb I can only have 1 pm and my box is full so I lost your name to reply...

Here is the smaller tube and where it goes.. i think it was 3/8 or something the smaller tube provided.

1) it starts under the throttle body - and runes to that metal rail but the bottom tube on the metal rail that is the one the liquid came out of.

Start of the tube.

2) tube END- leaves throttle body and goes to the metal rail thinggie on the bottom opening as shown here.

The big tube is pretty easy, the big tube goes from the intake itself all the way to the back of the motor and replaces that other tube that was once the top part of the metal rail...

after your done the metal rail itself is 2 sections top of the rail and bottom of the rail.. but after the install only the bottom of the rail is functioning.. that is the smaller tub
Old 12-04-2010, 09:35 PM
-Brian

Received 241 Likes on 167 Posts
Everything looks great, I didnt even know there was such a window tint. I feel bad spending $120 lol.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, I figured out where I made the mistake, I put the 3/8th hose on the second nipple below the throttle body. Thanks
Old 12-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Nice mods! I really like the new HIDs. Is the visibility better/worse?
Old 12-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That tint is super dark. You're not worried about being hassled by the cops?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:27 PM
OMGTHEDONNY

Originally Posted by cjTL
Nice mods! I really like the new HIDs. Is the visibility better/worse?

Visibility is probably decreased by about 4% very very little because the closer you get to sunlight the brighter so like the 6K is always going to be the best for visibility but going to 8K you dont lose to much and gain a better look the higher you go the more dark towards purple it gets and the more visibility you will lose due to the color getting darker

for the tint, yes I am worried about the cops lol.. I even took off my front license plate which is also illegal in california lol but the tint place I went to they said if I ever get a ticket they will take it off and re-tint it for half price for the windows which would be just like 50$ for the front two.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by omgthedonny

for the tint, yes I am worried about the cops lol.. I even took off my front license plate which is also illegal in california lol but the tint place I went to they said if I ever get a ticket they will take it off and re-tint it for half price for the windows which would be just like 50$ for the front two.
Yeah I live in SoCal too. That's why I asked about the tint, lol. I see a lot of black BMW coupes with tint that dark. Looks really good. Can't wait to see when you pull everything together.

Last edited by New2Acura2; 12-04-2010 at 11:49 PM.