Tail Light Modification Survey/Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 01:07 PM
CLS^6

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Tail Light Modification Survey/Question

Hi all,

Looking for the groups opinion on modding my Tail-lights by painting the internal bezels.

I am down to 2 choices I feel will give the best look while still looking stock.

1. Gloss black internal bezels. NO smoking of lens (red or white parts)
2. Grigio (colour match) internal bezels. NO smoking of lens (red or white)

What does the group think?

I was all in for Grigio colour match (Endless RPM felt this way too) but now I think gloss black on the tails and fronts will look the most OEM yet subtle enough to enhance the look of the car.

Thanks,
Old 09-20-2015, 04:07 PM
moabizzi

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by suspekt360
Hi all,

Looking for the groups opinion on modding my Tail-lights by painting the internal bezels.

I am down to 2 choices I feel will give the best look while still looking stock.

I was all in for Grigio colour match (Endless RPM felt this way too) but now I think gloss black on the tails and fronts will look the most OEM yet subtle enough to enhance the look of the car.

Thanks,
Whatever YOU wish to do to YOUR car is what you should do. If it makes you happy, screw everyone elses opinion...... but heres mine. Personaly i like the contrast that the sliver bezel gives with my Polish metal metallic, which is similar. the tails on this car really standout while driving behind em. Plus, i dont think painting them black or color matching will catch anyones eyes unless they are looking for it. either way post pics if you do decide to paint. and if you do open, consider smoking the lenses, because i heard u have to epoxy to seal em back up and its a pain to reopen.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by suspekt360
Hi all,

Thanks,

I'd say to go with a gloss black or gunmetal finish like on the TL-S lights for the 3G TL. That way there is contrast and it doesn't blend in. I would also look into modifying the reflectors slightly to get a better look.