For Sale-On the Showroom Floor at Jay Wolfe Acura/Kansas City

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Hey, thanks a lot. So far I have the RJ Grille and the Underbody spoiler kit (which IMHO really fixes what I didn't like about the front and rear). Plus I had JnC clear and blackout my headlights. My avatar shows my 20" legend type II's, but I'm waiting till April to put them on.

My next mods are going to be the H&R springs, which are a must with the 20's, and I think - after looking at the pics here. I'm going to buy and install the rear midnight chrome trim. It looks pretty good and it's only like $60 plus shipping from Bernardi Parts.

Then I need to wait until this summer when I can have JnC do my tails. THEN I'm done with the exterior stuff.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:55 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^

i really disliked the front end of the car....but i luv what RJ grill and JNC headlights can do....modifies the complete front end....i was actually considering the car and doing those mods as the first mods !!!

I think you should make a progress thread or some like that....sorry if you already have it and i havent come across it !!!

ohh yeah and the rear end....take that grin off her ass.....i dont know how midnight chrome would look.....i think color matching that piece will be off the hook IMHO !!!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Guys, I'm supposed to get a quick picture of the sticker (to show pricing). So I'll post it as soon as I get it. That way, you can see what they're charging for.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by swoosh
I think you should make a progress thread or some like that....sorry if you already have it and i havent come across it !!!

ohh yeah and the rear end....take that grin off her ass.....i dont know how midnight chrome would look.....i think color matching that piece will be off the hook IMHO !!!
Good idea. Thus far I've just been opening new threads for each update. But I like the idea of the picture thread. I may do that once I finish the last couple things in a month or so.

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Guys, I'm supposed to get a quick picture of the sticker (to show pricing). So I'll post it as soon as I get it. That way, you can see what they're charging for.
Hey, if you don't mind, could you get a few more shots of the back end with that trim piece. I like the fact it's dark without being the same color as the car. I've seen some of the colormatched ones, and it seems too plain, I would like it if it was a little different than the rest of the car. My fear is that the rear trim piece is actually not as dark as the pictures show. I
Old 03-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Guys, I finally got an update from the dealership. They sold TWO new black TL's with Tech and with the RonJon grills on them!!!! I was told that they were a quick sell, especially after the Auto Show.

I think they're ordering more RonJon grills, since the first 2 sold so well and so quickly.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by petec2010
Hey, if you don't mind, could you get a few more shots of the back end with that trim piece. I like the fact it's dark without being the same color as the car. I've seen some of the colormatched ones, and it seems too plain, I would like it if it was a little different than the rest of the car. My fear is that the rear trim piece is actually not as dark as the pictures show. I
My dealership just installed the front and rear black chrome on a black tl. I will stop by tonight and take pics for you. Looks pretty good on the black however after holding them up against my MBM and they did not look good at all... oh well.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TLNV
My dealership just installed the front and rear black chrome on a black tl. I will stop by tonight and take pics for you. Looks pretty good on the black however after holding them up against my MBM and they did not look good at all... oh well.
Awesome! I think it's going to be perfect for the back end of the car to get out that horribly contrasting piece that's in there. Plus it's only like $65 to buy, and I could probably install it myself by taking off the rear bumper.

If you can take a few shots from some different angles, I would appreciate it!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

consider it done!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love our cars just as much as most of you....but 47 and 1/2- NO way. those are GS, 5 series numbers
Old 03-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Pete..... sorry the pics suck!!!!!!!!! the lighting in the dealership destroys pretty much any chance at taking a true representative pic of the black chrome. Anyway~ click here to see the pics I did take... don't hate me for the quality I will say however that the black chrome looks really nice on the Black
Old 03-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TLNV
Pete..... sorry the pics suck!!!!!!!!! the lighting in the dealership destroys pretty much any chance at taking a true representative pic of the black chrome. Anyway~ click here to see the pics I did take... don't hate me for the quality I will say however that the black chrome looks really nice on the Black
Thanks a bunch! Yea, I think the pics came out OK. I'm still on the fence on that rear trim piece. I may just need to go and see it in person... Arg.. I think a nice matte black might be perfect, but it's hard to tell...

Thanks again!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Thanks a bunch! Yea, I think the pics came out OK. I'm still on the fence on that rear trim piece. I may just need to go and see it in person... Arg.. I think a nice matte black might be perfect, but it's hard to tell...

Thanks again!
No worries and obviously you see what I mean about the pics turning out bad. Personally having seen the chrome up close and comparing it to your car here with the mods you have done, if it were me I would not go with the black chrome on the rear piece...

I think that you are probably right with the matte black idea, subtle but not in your face like the oem, the black chrome or the painted like everyone else is doing.