Riddle me this...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:18 AM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts
Riddle me this...

Over a week ago, I saved a bunch of the 2012 service manuals. (If interested in downloading, go to https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=40).

One thing that caught my eye was this manual titled, "Headlight Washer Nozzle Replacement." I don't recall seeing headlight washers as a feature on the TL, or even on the RL. Any ideas?
Attached Files
Old 04-26-2012, 02:25 AM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
headlight washer feature is only in Canadian models
Old 04-26-2012, 09:28 AM
lji
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
Yep, only on Canadian models...
Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Subsonic

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

no worries op... ur not missing much.... it just drinks washer fluid and gets my hood dirty lol
Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Instructor

Cool! I wish they would offer that in the US models. Yeah, it would suck to get the hood all dirty, but when you live in Chicago like I do, and you get all that nasty snow, deicing chemicals and gunk all over the car, the washer on my hood is the least of my worries.

Now, the next question is... Is it even possible to mod that on my car? Probably harder than it's worth...

Of course I got real curious and went to acura.ca. First, the financing promotion is 2.9%?!? What da... And their website is so much cooler than the USA's. What gives?

Last edited by Steven Bell; 04-26-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,155 Likes on 826 Posts
Not only that, started Sept of last year, new Canadian Acura vehicles all came with a 25-month complementary maintenance program too.

But if you look at the MSRP's, the Canadian ones are a lot higher than the US ones.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Subsonic

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
Headlight washers will prob be more trouble than what it's worth.
It's programmed to spray the first time u spray the windshield when the lights are on, no off button (which is our main complaint over here!).

Trust, the amount of crap in ur streets is prob about the same as us over here in Toronto. It's really not necessary. only time i found any use, was to clear snow off my headlights instead of using a snow brush. im not fond of the idea of running a snow brush against my paint if i dont have to.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 PM
6G TLX-S

Originally Posted by Teddybear
It's programmed to spray the first time u spray the windshield when the lights are on, no off button (which is our main complaint over here!).

Since the OEM headlight washer (HW) operation is so much hated by most of us, might as well just hook it up our own way.

First use a T-joint to tap out the windshield washer fluid for the HW, then use a separate pump to deliver the windshield fluid to the installed spray nozzles located on the front bumper.

Finally install a HW push button in the lower dash just like the one for the Canadian TL's, in order for full manual operation of the HW.

The following pic is borrowed from KarKraze's Canadian-spec TL. Note the OEM HW button in the center :

Old 04-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Teddybear

Trust, the amount of crap in ur streets is prob about the same as us over here in Toronto. It's really not necessary. only time i found any use, was to clear snow off my headlights instead of using a snow brush. im not fond of the idea of running a snow brush against my paint if i dont have to.
Okay, you've convinced me. The reward of doing something like this is little compared to the effort put in.

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Since the OEM headlight washer (HW) operation is so much hated by most of us, might as well just hook it up our own way.

First use a T-joint to tap out the windshield washer fluid for the HW, then use a separate pump to deliver the windshield fluid to the installed spray nozzles located on the front bumper.

Finally install a HW push button in the lower dash just like the one for the Canadian TL's, in order for full manual operation of the HW.

The following pic is borrowed from KarKraze's Canadian-spec TL. Note the OEM HW button in the center :

Did you mod yours as described? How much work did you put into it? Did your TL already come with the washer setup?
Old 04-29-2012, 12:05 AM
6G TLX-S

Yes, my Canadian-spec TL comes standard with the headlight washers (HW).

The mod was just my suggestion, because since it is almost impossible to add HW to make it work the same way as the factory system, might as well just do it the simple way as a standalone circuit.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Instructor

I think I'm going to abandon the idea of getting this mod done. Too much work, not enough reward.