Parking Light/Turn Signal Bulbs STAYS on when ignition is turned off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2024 | 09:24 PM
Pro

Parking Light/Turn Signal Bulbs STAYS on when ignition is turned off.

I have been chasing this issue for some time now, and finally, after a few grand running low on funds, I found it.
I have LED amber bulbs with resistors on both left and right Turn signals. Professionals installed these.
Has anyone else had such a problem? Here is what I've done to troubleshoot with the Acura dealer.

• replaced Drivers Side Fuse Bos
• replaced passenger side fuse box
• Replaced the bulb and resistor.
• piggybacked the turn signal onto the Parking light. Then, the parking light started to stay on after the ignition was off
•Some say it could be the Turn signal switch relay. But the turning signal and parking lights function correctly without fail; it just stays illuminated after the ignition is off.
It's annoying AF...ANY Lead or someone that has a fix or a potential culprit for this anomaly.

I noticed this issue after I UNinstalled Navtool, but because I don't regularly check my parking lights, it's possible it was there before. I wonder if I accidentally bumped a ground wire or something.. during removal... I'm really at a loss here.
Old 03-30-2024 | 09:56 PM
Suzuka Master

^
Just curious, have you checked for the presence of the #5 pedal stopper pad that corresponds with the #4 stop & cruise switch?
Pedal - 2012 Acura TL 4 Door BASE KA 6AT (acurapartswarehouse.com)
Old 03-30-2024 | 10:05 PM
Pro

I replaced the switch located behind the brake pedal a while back. The brake wasn't working, and I couldn't shift the car into gear. It was stuck in the park, and I had to take it to an Acura dealer to have the switch replaced. Would that be the same thing?
And will the turn signal bulb Cause ONLY the passenger to remain illuminated even when the car is off?
Old 03-31-2024 | 07:33 AM
Suzuka Master

^
Sorry, misread that your issue is with the Parking light / Turn signal bulbs not the Brake lights staying on.

If you had the stop & cruise switch replaced already, that is likely not the culprit or its corresponding pedal stopper pad.
Just to clarify, the pedal stopper pad, if missing due to deterioration from age, will not allow its corresponding switch to properly actuate.
For example, in the case of a brake pedal stop & cruise switch , if missing, the brake lights stay on after car shut down.
In the case of the clutch pedal, if missing, it will not allow the clutch (INHIBITER) switch assembly to actuate, preventing the car from starting altogether.
These little pedal stopper pads are made of plastic that deteriorate, over many years, eventually crumbling to deposit on the drive side floor board.
In the case of the clutch switch, it will also leave you inconveniently 'stranded' somewhere, as me how I know.
Good Luck with finding a remedy for your issue.

Old 04-02-2024 | 07:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mrphilipanderson
I have been chasing this issue for some time now, and finally, after a few grand running low on funds, I found it.
I have LED amber bulbs with resistors on both left and right Turn signals. Professionals installed these.
Has anyone else had such a problem? Here is what I've done to troubleshoot with the Acura dealer.

• replaced Drivers Side Fuse Bos
• replaced passenger side fuse box
• Replaced the bulb and resistor.
• piggybacked the turn signal onto the Parking light. Then, the parking light started to stay on after the ignition was off
•Some say it could be the Turn signal switch relay. But the turning signal and parking lights function correctly without fail; it just stays illuminated after the ignition is off.
It's annoying AF...ANY Lead or someone that has a fix or a potential culprit for this anomaly.

I noticed this issue after I UNinstalled Navtool, but because I don't regularly check my parking lights, it's possible it was there before. I wonder if I accidentally bumped a ground wire or something.. during removal... I'm really at a loss here.
Have you removed the resistors and the leds and tried with factory bulbs to eliminate them as issues?

You need to trace the power that light is receiving; what's worse is that power feed could be powering on other items in the car and draining the battery.
The following users liked this post:
altair47 (04-07-2024)
Old 04-02-2024 | 10:46 PM
Pro

Good idea. I'll give that a try. Thank you!