OK, so who's going to be the first to take delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, so who's going to be the first to take delivery?

Just wondering if any AZ members are ready to drop the $$$ for a 4G TL. If you're IN...post here about what you're getting!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would if I had an extra $43k when the SH-AWD comes out; I like it.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
not me i will be keeping my 07 tl type s. maybe i will see what the next tl types will look like in 2011 or2012
Old 09-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Acuras Only in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder about the same thing .... def. not me as I am happy with my type-s thus far .... wouldn't want a first year 4g model anyway ...
Old 09-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Pro

X3...I love my 3G TLS!
Can't get past the nose on this new car. There are too many other really nice vehicles out there now, with just as many features that are much better looking. Curb appeal has everything to do with it. Just won't lay down that much moolah for an ugly car.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:28 PM
'06 TL 5AT NAV Anthracite

..and give up my precious '06 3G TL. No way!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ChicagoBurbs
X3...I love my 3G TLS!
Can't get past the nose on this new car. There are too many other really nice vehicles out there now, with just as many features that are much better looking. Curb appeal has everything to do with it. Just won't lay down that much moolah for an ugly car.
Enlighten us on what you feel are better looking cars, in the same price range with the TL's features. Thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Stand For Something

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll be the first to spit on it...
Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I drove by a 4th gen earlier today. That thing looks GREAT. The grille isn't as big as you think. When you drive next to it, you don't really notice the big grille, you just say.... wait is that a TL? YES IT IS!!! the rear looks amazing as well. All these things we noticed are just, well, things we noticed in pictures. You don't see those on the road. I wish I could have seen it closer, but from what I see, it's a good looking Acura. Do I like it more than my 06? ... that's a hard one. I thought it was a TSX already modded, then I saw the rear, and you can instantly tell it's a TL.

I give it a thumbs up.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by ASASN21
I'll be the first to spit on it...
Don't be a douche to other people's car.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by Be-in my TL
I drove by a 4th gen earlier today. That thing looks GREAT. The grille isn't as big as you think. When you drive next to it, you don't really notice the big grille, you just say.... wait is that a TL? YES IT IS!!! the rear looks amazing as well. All these things we noticed are just, well, things we noticed in pictures. You don't see those on the road. I wish I could have seen it closer, but from what I see, it's a good looking Acura. Do I like it more than my 06? ... that's a hard one. I thought it was a TSX already modded, then I saw the rear, and you can instantly tell it's a TL.

I give it a thumbs up.

That was my impression as well. I'll be in the market for a new car a couple year from now and I must say that the TL (and hopefully the TL-S too ) is on my list.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Instructor

mann..i was at the dealership looking through the book with the features and it has a lot of cool new stuff but still kinda think the car is ugly. haha
Old 09-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Be-in my TL

I give it a thumbs up.

Drove one today, and the grill was as big as I thought, and each of us will have our own perception of this thing. As I drove away today, in mine- I was even more pleased with the 3rd Gen, and more discouraged by the new one. Now when they get the SH on Nov. 9- I will go back and drive that one as well, but I dont believe that the power alone will make up for the poor styling, awful front, and distorted lines....imho-
Old 09-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cecilt
Enlighten us on what you feel are better looking cars, in the same price range with the TL's features. Thanks

Did you design the car? You seem to be taking all this really personally. It is just a car. If you like it buy it.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
nobody would buy it? wow.......I think the TSX looks better
Old 09-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Cecilt
I appreciate this question, I think it's legit.

I didn't say that other vehicles in it's class have the SAME features, I said JUST AS MANY. Actually there are none that come as well equipped with standard features. Period. That is and always has been the TL's strongest selling point, and it remains so with the 4G. But you need to consider how a car looks as a feature in and of itself; it's a major selling point to many. And for many, including myself, this new design does nothing that makes me drool and want the car. To put it another way, I am in no hurry to rush into a showroom and see it in person, nor do I feel the urge to own one. Based soley on appearance, the 4g, for me at least, is a failure at launch. I understand that looks are completely objective, and speaking strictly for myself, I do not like the new appearance of this car.
That being said, there are quite a few other vehicles in the class, and all have been mentioned before by a lot of AZ members. I admit straight up, it will be very difficult to replace my 3G with another vehicle that has everything it was equipped with. However, I will never spend the kind of cash that the 4G goes for on a vehicle that I find has such little curb appeal. It may be shallow on my part, but that's the honest truth. It would have to be an incredibly advanced vehicle with features no other car on earth has before I could get past my dislike of that nose.
Hopefully that clarifies it for you. Once again I think raised a completely valid point in this discussion.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Full A-Spec 08 CBP TL-S

i just got my tl-s in june so ill probably wait until the 5th gen or late in the 4th gen's lifespan
Old 09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ChicagoBurbs
I appreciate this question, I think it's legit.

I didn't say that other vehicles in it's class have the SAME features, I said JUST AS MANY. Actually there are none that come as well equipped with standard features. Period. That is and always has been the TL's strongest selling point, and it remains so with the 4G. But you need to consider how a car looks as a feature in and of itself; it's a major selling point to many. And for many, including myself, this new design does nothing that makes me drool and want the car. To put it another way, I am in no hurry to rush into a showroom and see it in person, nor do I feel the urge to own one. Based soley on appearance, the 4g, for me at least, is a failure at launch. I understand that looks are completely objective, and speaking strictly for myself, I do not like the new appearance of this car.
That being said, there are quite a few other vehicles in the class, and all have been mentioned before by a lot of AZ members. I admit straight up, it will be very difficult to replace my 3G with another vehicle that has everything it was equipped with. However, I will never spend the kind of cash that the 4G goes for on a vehicle that I find has such little curb appeal. It may be shallow on my part, but that's the honest truth. It would have to be an incredibly advanced vehicle with features no other car on earth has before I could get past my dislike of that nose.
Hopefully that clarifies it for you. Once again I think raised a completely valid point in this discussion.
I went by my local Acura dealership today. Saw the TL. I to am not drawn to it. I think the back looks pretty good. Sides are fine. The chrome is okay with me but the front shield is obtrusive. It is just too dang big. The RL and TSX have much better front shields. The inside was gorgeous. They had not prepped them so I could not drive it but will in the next day or so. Got back in my '06 TL 6 speed and drove down to Nissan.

The '09 Max is a LOOKER. I could see this car in my garage and be happy seeing it everday. It is not as nice on the interior as my TL or the new TL but very nice. Features are great. A cooled driver seat steering wheel and seat that retract and move out of the way when you open your door, electric rear sunshade, touchscreen nav. Too me these are important features and they are not in the new TL. The CVT, while not a 6 speed manual is actually nice. The paddle shifters are smooth. To me it was a great blend and it was dang fast. I don't know but the new Maxima sure was nice.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Racer

Reading these comments is interesting, especially those from guys with 3G TL's. People tend not to be too objective when a new model comes out.

I traded my '05 TL 5AT for an '08 Infiniti G37S exactly a year ago. The trashing of the '08 model from the first gen G35 guys was relentless for the first few months the car was out. Eventually, calmer heads prevailed, and the majority consensus was that the new model was better.

Probably the same thing will happen with the TL. The radical change between the models may take longer to be accepted, but it will eventually happen.

I have yet to see the new TL in person, and admit to being turned off by the grill. I was also turned off by the grill of the '07 MDX, but grew to like it. So much so, that I purchased one.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, but I can promise the opinions will soften on the new TL, especially when we start seeing them on the road.

As for me, I love the new interior. Except for the grille, I like the new car. I suspect I'll warm-up to the grill too.

I will admit to missing Acura. My G37 is a great car. The material upgrade on the interior compared to my TL was incredible. I hope it is that big of a jump for the 4G.

It will be interesting to read the comments on the Board in about six months. I bet the opinions will lighten-up a lot.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:12 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

If I had that kind of cash to drop on it I would. The best part of not liking something is that you can change or modify it. I was not keen on the 3G when it first came out but once you see it from others or you modify it yourself. you tend to like it even more.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Reading these comments is interesting, especially those from guys with 3G TL's. People tend not to be too objective when a new model comes out.

I traded my '05 TL 5AT for an '08 Infiniti G37S exactly a year ago. The trashing of the '08 model from the first gen G35 guys was relentless for the first few months the car was out. Eventually, calmer heads prevailed, and the majority consensus was that the new model was better.

Probably the same thing will happen with the TL. The radical change between the models may take longer to be accepted, but it will eventually happen.

I have yet to see the new TL in person, and admit to being turned off by the grill. I was also turned off by the grill of the '07 MDX, but grew to like it. So much so, that I purchased one.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, but I can promise the opinions will soften on the new TL, especially when we start seeing them on the road.

As for me, I love the new interior. Except for the grille, I like the new car. I suspect I'll warm-up to the grill too.

I will admit to missing Acura. My G37 is a great car. The material upgrade on the interior compared to my TL was incredible. I hope it is that big of a jump for the 4G.

It will be interesting to read the comments on the Board in about six months. I bet the opinions will lighten-up a lot.
I know for me I won't get this car no time soon. I can't speak for the g35 and the olg gen g35 for I was never a fan that much. But I can tell you that when the 3g tl came out it was love at first sight. i drooled over this car till I got one in late 05. i loved it so much despite all the troubles I had with the 3g tl, I still amnage to own 4 since 05. This tl does nothing for me. it looks better in person and the interior feels nice, but it does nothing. Time will tell if it will sell But for me I will pass.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Racer

I don't like the new grill. I am going to wait till my lease is up on 08 tsx and maybe do a upgrade.
Thanks,
Old 09-24-2008, 07:00 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Originally Posted by WayneJay
..and give up my precious '06 3G TL. No way!
+1 (Mine is 05 TL)...mayyyyybe, mayyyyyyyyyyyybe 1% chance when he Type S comes out in 2011 or 2012 I will reconsider
Old 09-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Shit, if someone gave me $42K to blow on a car come November I'd be driving a TL in CBP/Umber (whatever the orangish leather is) SH-AWD. The car looks good in my opinion, sure as hell would be nicer than my 2G TL too.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:53 PM
jyrtl

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
check out the TL today while getting my oil change. it did not have the gotta have look maybe sh-awd with the nice standard rims will look better. the base TL leather felt like plleather or vinyl but it feels like it will hold with abuse. my 04 seats is not as sturdy. slamming the door or hood has a nice solid sound. the trunk looks smaller also the caliphers on the wheels are painted silver. waiting for an ordered WDP-umber no tech. hopefully the monthly payments is affordable if not no problem with returning 500 deposit
Old 09-25-2008, 12:58 AM
Don't jive my 3.5

I can't do anything till March but if I like it I'm going to do.

Mayan Bronze with umber leather and tech package and SH AWD.

Only other color I would do which is odd for me but I like it, is the light blue.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Instructor

I'm sure in a village somewhere they have lost their idiot and that idiot will buy the 4G TL.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by usaf2008
I'm sure in a village somewhere they have lost their idiot and that idiot will buy the 4G TL.
Ah, there you are. At least I can call the Jerk store now and tell them that I found you.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Instructor

^what the hell is your problem I don't see you rolling in a 4g, why are you butt hurt about my 4G comments?
Old 09-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
No need for these sort of idiotic comments. :thumbsdow I'm not a fan of the exterior either, but it's otherwise a solid car and I'm not going to knock anyone for buying it.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Instructor

I think you guys need to grow a little thicker skin, it was only a joke.....
Old 09-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

^what the hell is your problem I don't see you rolling in a 4g, why are you butt hurt about my 4G comments?
Your attitude is a problem. I know you have issues iwith the 4G TL. I do too, but I'm not going out of my way to refer to people as stupid for liking it. If it was a joke, take it to Rambling.

If you want stupid, call out the person who saved their money for years waiting to Acura to make a replacement to the car that he already has, believing that the new product will exceed all expectation, then got mad because he didn't get what he wanted.

Anyway, I'm scheduled to buy a new car two years from now, so I still have lots of time to wait and check out the 6MT or the eventual Type-S model .
Old 09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AsianRage
Your attitude is a problem. I know you have issues iwith the 4G TL. I do too, but I'm not going out of my way to refer to people as stupid for liking it. If it was a joke, take it to Rambling.

If you want stupid, call out the person who saved their money for years waiting to Acura to make a replacement to the car that he already has, believing that the new product will exceed all expectation, then got mad because he didn't get what he wanted.

Anyway, I'm scheduled to buy a new car two years from now, so I still have lots of time to wait and check out the 6MT or the eventual Type-S model .
yeah because saving money instead of 100% financing a car is so very stupid, just STFU dude and mind your own. And jokes aren't limited to rambling and you're no moderator so like I said mind your own asshole.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 09-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Instructor

I don't know what makes this guy think he can dictate who can say what and where they can say it......sounds like he would be a good future mall security guard to me!....oh no! I just made a joke and it wasn't in ramblings.....I'm in TROUBLE!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
AsianRage and usaf2008, pull out of this thread and take your conflict to PM. If you cannot keep from inflaming one another publically, a short ban will ensue for both of you.

Someone's already taken first delivery anyway, so this thread has outlived its usefulness.