Newbie questions but can't find answers (even searched!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:53 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie questions but can't find answers (even searched!)

All - I am officially a new 2010 TL SH-AWD Tech owner and loving it for the most part! I am coming off of an Infiniti G-35 and just have a few questions for things I am used to that I simply cannot find:

1. Where is the setting that when you shut off the car, the seat moves you back for a comfortable exit? I know this is on the MDX and most cars - it MUST be part of the Smart Entry system but I simply cannot find it
  2. Is there a way to not have to push the "confirm" button on the Nav/Radio every time you turn on the car? I understand the need to use Nav (law to have the confirmation) but even to get to the radio?
  3. Speaking of this - can you change the order so that when you hit confirm, it goes to the radio screen vs the map always? I find its extra clicks to hit confirm, it goes to the map and then I have to hit audio. Small, but annoying
  4. Can I put XM presets on the same set of presets with FM? On Infiniti, you can mix and match, it appears unless I can;t find the setting, I have XM-1, XM-2, FM-1, etc
I am liking the car and simply getting used to it but the amount of sub-menus is a bit much - I am very technical and the Infiniti is so easy, no need for a manual.

Thanks much for the help!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Back From The dead

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by yustonuser
All - I am officially a new 2010 TL SH-AWD Tech owner and loving it for the most part! I am coming off of an Infiniti G-35 and just have a few questions for things I am used to that I simply cannot find:

1. Where is the setting that when you shut off the car, the seat moves you back for a comfortable exit? I know this is on the MDX and most cars - it MUST be part of the Smart Entry system but I simply cannot find it. As a former G35 owner, I asked the same question and found no answer. I set up remote 1 (mine) with the seat all the way back. I programmed remote 2 settings with what I wanted. When I get in the car the seat goes back to allow for easy entry/exit. With the push of a button, everything is perfect. The Acura system is not similar in this respect to Infiniti, or at least not that I could find.
  2. Is there a way to not have to push the "confirm" button on the Nav/Radio every time you turn on the car? I understand the need to use Nav (law to have the confirmation) but even to get to the radio? Not that I could find.
  3. Speaking of this - can you change the order so that when you hit confirm, it goes to the radio screen vs the map always? I find its extra clicks to hit confirm, it goes to the map and then I have to hit audio. Small, but annoying. Sorry, can't help you here either.
  4. Can I put XM presets on the same set of presets with FM? On Infiniti, you can mix and match, it appears unless I can;t find the setting, I have XM-1, XM-2, FM-1, etc. I believe you have to change modes from FM to XM, but once again I may be wrong.
I am liking the car and simply getting used to it but the amount of sub-menus is a bit much - I am very technical and the Infiniti is so easy, no need for a manual.

In any case, welcome to the club.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by yustonuser

1. Where is the setting that when you shut off the car, the seat moves you back for a comfortable exit? I know this is on the MDX and most cars - it MUST be part of the Smart Entry system but I simply cannot find it
  2. Is there a way to not have to push the "confirm" button on the Nav/Radio every time you turn on the car? I understand the need to use Nav (law to have the confirmation) but even to get to the radio?
  3. Speaking of this - can you change the order so that when you hit confirm, it goes to the radio screen vs the map always? I find its extra clicks to hit confirm, it goes to the map and then I have to hit audio. Small, but annoying
  4. Can I put XM presets on the same set of presets with FM? On Infiniti, you can mix and match, it appears unless I can;t find the setting, I have XM-1, XM-2, FM-1, etc

1) No there is no setting where your seat moves to an area that is easier to get out. Perhaps the 07 and foreward MDSX's have this, but not my 06.

2) Have to press confirm button, as I am quite sure it's a liability saver for Honda.

3) Dunno, gotta play around a bit.

4) Nope, you have to go to the input for each audio, ie if XM radio, must go there for the presets. With XM radio, the hard drive and Ipod, I doubt I will be using the FM radio too often.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
How would you contrast the two as far as driving dynamics?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the G but find the TL even more fun to drive so far...its just that Infiniti seems just a tad more refined, prob b/c you pay for many more options so there are more refinements.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
1)No, no current Acura does this (sold in the US, not sure about spec). The cars with power tilt/telescope steering have a "up and in" setting for the steering wheel to move out of your way but nothing for the seats.

2)No, but maybe if you were to hack the system. There was some serious hacking done on the 1st gen TSX nav but I know of nothing for the HDD system.

3)See answer for #2

4)No.