Need advice please

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Point ... not one of the dealerships in Houston has any 2012 TL Advance models, neither FWD nor AWD, and I count one SH-AWD model of any flavor. My guess is that one or more critical parts that make up the Advance package and SH-AWD is sourced from Japan. There are tons of TL base and Tech models.

As far as availability of inventory is concerned, it is not uncommon for manufacturers to shift inventory allocation in times of shortage to where they think most sales will occur. I'm not surprised that the car capital of the U.S. (SOCAL) would have better inventory than the rest of the country. But just because you see more choice in SOCAL doesn't mean that there are shortages of certain model/package combinations in the rest of the country.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by boe_d
Always worth it to shop around. I remember my first new car was a honda civic. I went to 12 dealerships in CT and none would touch the price I wanted. They all claimed they'd be losing money at that price. I drove to Chicoppee Mass and got the price for exactly the price I offered without any real haggling - I guess that dealership in Mass wasn't into selling cars for a profit.
Chicoppee? No kidding? I have been there a bunch of times. Nice area of Mass.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by n-spring
Point ... not one of the dealerships in Houston has any 2012 TL Advance models, neither FWD nor AWD, and I count one SH-AWD model of any flavor. My guess is that one or more critical parts that make up the Advance package and SH-AWD is sourced from Japan. There are tons of TL base and Tech models.

As far as availability of inventory is concerned, it is not uncommon for manufacturers to shift inventory allocation in times of shortage to where they think most sales will occur. I'm not surprised that the car capital of the U.S. (SOCAL) would have better inventory than the rest of the country. But just because you see more choice in SOCAL doesn't mean that there are shortages of certain model/package combinations in the rest of the country.
Champion Acura in League City has two FWD Advances in stock. That is the dealer that quoted me invoice. Call and ask for Jeremy. I've bought more cars than you can imagine and he's one of the best salesman I've ever dealt with. In fact, he's the number five Acura salesman in the country. Tell him the guy that just bought the white SH-AWD TL sent you (Jim).
Old 07-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Chicoppee? No kidding? I have been there a bunch of times. Nice area of Mass.
That is a long ass drive from Texas! The Civic is the reason I eventually moved on to Acura - a big fan of the Honda/Acura products. Lately I'm leaning towards Lexus but I'm happy to switch back to Acura if they make some relatively significant changes in their current mindset. The 2012 is a nicer car in almost every way than my old TL but isn't quite the bang for the buck it once was. I can accept the current price if they bring up the features a bit more and refine the styling a bit more. Still a great car, just not quite what I was hoping for this year.

I'm in Socal currently and the dealships I've been to are willing to go well below invoice but then again we have a large stock of them at many dealerships and it might not be easy to swing a good price at dealerships that can't get a good supply. I'm also a very challenging negotiator - probably not popular with the salespeople but my friends sure do keep coming back to me each time they buy a car to help them get a good price.

Last edited by boe_d; 07-09-2011 at 02:28 PM.