Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I noticed an odd thing with DRL

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
I noticed an odd thing with DRL

I have been testing some LED fog lamp (H11) and since I installed ( I think) my auto light mode is turning on the regular low beams and fog lamps instead of my DRL (Todays revelation) . This is middle of the day bright light no shade. I guess it is either the light sensor or some strange bug cause the low V / Ω of the LED ( there is no additional resistor added to the H11 lines.)
Any thoughts? - was going throw in some very yellow Hella H11 bulbs since the LED has been unimpressive and see if that is a fix...otherwise dealer here I come
Old 10-19-2016, 07:41 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The auto mode is suppose to turn on your low beams though it shouldnt turn on the fogs unless you have them switched on.

Originally Posted by Anicra
I have been testing some LED fog lamp (H11) and since I installed ( I think) my auto light mode is turning on the regular low beams and fog lamps instead of my DRL (Todays revelation) . This is middle of the day bright light no shade. I guess it is either the light sensor or some strange bug cause the low V / Ω of the LED ( there is no additional resistor added to the H11 lines.)
Any thoughts? - was going throw in some very yellow Hella H11 bulbs since the LED has been unimpressive and see if that is a fix...otherwise dealer here I come
Old 10-20-2016, 11:53 PM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Auto mode puts DRL during the days and HID lowbeam +/- fog lamps at night. At least today thats what they did properly. I did switch out the LED and just put on some serious yellow fogs for the crap weather fog/ snow storms. Going to see if it changes.
This image is really what they look like - not my car

Super Ultra Photonic Duper Yellow

Last edited by Anicra; 10-21-2016 at 12:00 AM.