Finalized Deal And A Happy New Owner.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finalized Deal And A Happy New Owner.

I just wanted to say hello and a very happy owner of a Mayan Bronze Metallic Acura TL FWD with Tech Package with Parchment Interior. I have been browsing this forum for a while and researching so I could get a good deal! Well it happened today. I ended up paying $34,300 which includes wheel locks, all-weather mats, trunk tray and painting the whole front grill and the back strip MBM. I ended up trading my rattler galore 2006 Lexus ES330 with 38,000 miles for $18,500. So the selling price was $15800 + 5% tax and Title and Lisencing fees. OTD price was just under $17000. I am looking forward to enjoying the beautiful TL and also looking forward to contributing on this website and my new found friends. Take care,

Deven.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Instructor

I forgot that I am going to be getting 19'' wheels. Which do you guys think would be better. Sorry the pics are big and could someone be able to photoshop these wheel on the Mayan Bronze TL? Thanks.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Instructor

or this?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:12 PM
2014 MDX Tech / sh-AWD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would definitely go with the top one. Seen it on a few cars and it looks very sharp!

Congrats...
Old 05-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Instructor

I guess I cant edit my original post after 5 minutes but I also forgot to mention that I'll be getting the full body skirts too from curryacuraparts.com too. $1600 for the wheels and $950 for the skirts. I'll be ordering 19'' tires from tirerack as soon as i get everything in. The tires are going to be 245/40/19 Michelin Pilot A/S. Sorry for added posts but I cant edit it. Also does anyone know if there are coilovers for this car yet?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats, dshahs! Looks like you got a great deal on the car! I have the FCS 19" "chrome-look" wheels (2nd photo). I think it looks great!....although the chrome look isn't for everybody. I bought mine along with matching tires on Ebay last year and saved about $1500 over retail.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:17 PM
My beer fridge is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dshahs420 where you located? 5% sales tax, curry honda. are you in Mass??
Old 05-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats man. Doesn't it feel good. Me too got the all chrome 19 ones with some falkens 245-40-19 and got to admit that these falkens are great and sporty looking.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...CJeQmAeSn9XOBA

Take careful research on tires. I test drove a g35 coupe for my son and guy bought some yoko's and believe it or not, you could not have heard the engine while driving.

congrats again!!
Old 05-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I feel strongly both ways

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd definitely go with the first wheel pictured. I don't like #2 at all. #1 radiates "class."
Old 05-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by venom550pm
dshahs420 where you located? 5% sales tax, curry honda. are you in Mass??
Yeah I am also in Massachusetts, North Attleboro to be exact. Curry Acura is based out of NY, but they have an ebay store and since I am buying the wheels and the underside kit they discounted the wheels a bit. They went from $1750 to $1600 and the underbody kit stayed at $945 and they offer free shipping which makes it a good deal but not having to pay the sales tax made it a great deal for me.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by igowest
Congrats man. Doesn't it feel good. Me too got the all chrome 19 ones with some falkens 245-40-19 and got to admit that these falkens are great and sporty looking.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...CJeQmAeSn9XOBA

Take careful research on tires. I test drove a g35 coupe for my son and guy bought some yoko's and believe it or not, you could not have heard the engine while driving.

congrats again!!

Thanks!! Man, I cant wait till the car is completely done. I gotta agree with you on the yoko's. You cant beat the yoko's when it comes to "best bang for your bucks" same as the Acura TL. Its a great price for all that you get. I used to have a 2004 TL and I paid $33,000 and having increased by only $1300, its definately the best underdog in the automobile world. To boot the pictures of the TL does not do the car any justice. It is soooooo much sexier in real life! People who bad mouth(I was one of them) it, has obviously never seen it in person, me included!! The first time I laid eyes on it, I was sold, hook, line and sinker!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
I'd definitely go with the first wheel pictured. I don't like #2 at all. #1 radiates "class."
Yeah I just got back from the dealer and I saw both wheels side by side and you are absolutely correct, it does exude "class". You have got to be the same Psychdoc with the same username on ClubLexus. I guess you got rid of your ES 350. Wise move. My dad has the ES 350 and yes he does have the 3-4 transmission flare but he doesn't care. Don't worry I am not stalking you if you are the same guy. We just made wise choices.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:10 PM
I feel strongly both ways

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dshahs420
Yeah I just got back from the dealer and I saw both wheels side by side and you are absolutely correct, it does exude "class". You have got to be the same Psychdoc with the same username on ClubLexus. I guess you got rid of your ES 350. Wise move. My dad has the ES 350 and yes he does have the 3-4 transmission flare but he doesn't care. Don't worry I am not stalking you if you are the same guy. We just made wise choices.
Yeah, the ES350 was an OK "appliance." After a while (almost three years, to be exact) I really got sick of the horrible tranny and the lack of power. They say that engine is good for 272 hp. I don't buy it. The difference in 'thrust in your back' between that and the TL is (to put it mildly) dramatic. You really do get a sense of almost unlimited power from the TL's powerplant. No matter what speed you're at, there always seems to be plenty of reserve available under your right foot. Even though I'm 60 years old, I can't bear the thought that I was driving a car that other 60 year olds liked. Ughhhhh. My wife has such a negative view of Cadillacs ("old ladies with blue hair who come from Miami Beach" drive them) that she wouldn't even look at the CTS> She said she wouldn't be caught dead with anything that had a Cadillac badge on it. Can't say I blame her. Christ, prior to the CTS, waht was the average demographic of a Cadillac owner? About 75?
Old 05-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Congrats Deven!!!! I cannot wait to see the whole package... sounds like a sick color!
Old 05-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
Yeah, the ES350 was an OK "appliance." After a while (almost three years, to be exact) I really got sick of the horrible tranny and the lack of power. They say that engine is good for 272 hp. I don't buy it. The difference in 'thrust in your back' between that and the TL is (to put it mildly) dramatic. You really do get a sense of almost unlimited power from the TL's powerplant. No matter what speed you're at, there always seems to be plenty of reserve available under your right foot. Even though I'm 60 years old, I can't bear the thought that I was driving a car that other 60 year olds liked. Ughhhhh. My wife has such a negative view of Cadillacs ("old ladies with blue hair who come from Miami Beach" drive them) that she wouldn't even look at the CTS> She said she wouldn't be caught dead with anything that had a Cadillac badge on it. Can't say I blame her. Christ, prior to the CTS, waht was the average demographic of a Cadillac owner? About 75?
LOL!!! Funny you mentioned the CTS because the new CTS is just gorgeous! I didnt think GM had it in them to build a beautiful car both inside and out. The new TL's weakness, the front grille is the opposite in the CTS. I LOVE the front stance of the CTS. That front grille on the CTS has a very mean and masculine look(especially the CTS-V) and it screams out power but I just could not pull the trigger on the CTS with the uncertainty surrounding GM and the rapid depriciation of CTS as soon as you leave the stealership.
Well you may be 60 but you sure dont act like one!!! After all most 60 year olds sometimes don't even know how to surf the net let alone join a car enthusiast forum. You sir are a hip 60!

Thank you all for the great welcome. I feel at home now
Old 05-09-2009, 06:14 AM
My beer fridge is in

DSHAHS, after you put on the kit and the rims i'd like to see some pics. Are you doing the install yourself?? if so good luck.

Out here in western MA we have a curry honda, in Chicopee. They used to have a Subaru dealership too but lost it last year.

BTW what stopped you from getting the SH-AWD??
Old 05-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Instructor

DSHAHS, after you put on the kit and the rims i'd like to see some pics. Are you doing the install yourself?? if so good luck.

Out here in western MA we have a curry honda, in Chicopee. They used to have a Subaru dealership too but lost it last year.

BTW what stopped you from getting the SH-AWD??
Yes, I will definately post some pics when everything is done. I am not doing the install myself but the dealership is going to put them on which was negotiated in the deal. They wanted $1500 for the kit and install so I told them about the ebay listing and they said they can't match the price but to order them and they would put them on for me. I am going to order the tires from tirerack and have them shipped to a firestone store and they will charge me $60 for the install($15/tire)
I didnt get the SH-AWD because I like the softer ride plus I have a Lambo Murcialago for the track. For a daily driver the SH-AWD is too firm for my taste.
I have been to Chicopee a few times. I had a buddy who went to UMass Amherst and he had friends in Chicopee so I used to hang out with them. Nice Area!!
Old 05-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by igowest

congrats again!!
Do you mean that the tires were so noisy that you could not hear the engine, or that the tires were quiet? I have always had good luck with Yokohama tires and am considering them for my 3rd Gen.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1075
Do you mean that the tires were so noisy that you could not hear the engine, or that the tires were quiet? I have always had good luck with Yokohama tires and am considering them for my 3rd Gen.
He meant that the original tires were noisier so he didnt realize that the engine was so quiet. He realized how quiet the engine was because there was lack of noise from the tires and was taken aback by how quiet the engine was too.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Instructor

Well, Well, Well Guess what guys! I changed my mind today at the dealership once I saw the Mayan Bronze Metallic AWD with the Umber interior tech pkg. Damn that is a sexy combination!!! So I couldn't resist. It made it look like a performance vehicle. So I said what the hell and changed my mind. So sorry guys but now I am a proud owner of this beautiful beauty. Price was 37800 and everything else stayed the same but ofcourse the tax was a bit more. I promise I wont change my mind anymore. Cant wait to buy the underbody kit and wheels.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
My beer fridge is in

you got the car for 5k below MSRP? awesome.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Instructor

you got the car for 5k below MSRP? awesome.
Yes but you know whats crazy? There is a guy on Edmunds forum where they have the "Price Paid and buying experience" thread, He paid $35,999 for Tech AWD. Now that is insane. I think he is in Illinois. I did good though I think.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes but you know whats crazy? There is a guy on Edmunds forum where they have the "Price Paid and buying experience" thread, He paid $35,999 for Tech AWD. Now that is insane. I think he is in Illinois. I did good though I think.
Actually, that's scary.....but you know what prices like these will do to the resale value of the car, don't you? (personally, I'm not worried since I'm leasing).
Old 05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PetesTL
Actually, that's scary.....but you know what prices like these will do to the resale value of the car, don't you? (personally, I'm not worried since I'm leasing).
Yeah I hear you!! I hope to keep this car a long time hopefully but I say that every time I buy a car but I get bored too fast. We'll see what happens.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Instructor

I just finalized the deal today and since its Sunday and gotta work tomorrow, I will be picking up the TL on Tuesday. Can't wait. It'll be a longggg day and a half. Looking forward to Tuesday now. Tick Tock.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:12 PM
My beer fridge is in

Awesome, can't wait to see some pics.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Advanced

Nice price. I've been requesting quotes this past week and lowest I got for the SH-AWD w/Tech is $39,300.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Racer

I just finalized the deal today and since its Sunday and gotta work tomorrow, I will be picking up the TL on Tuesday. Can't wait. It'll be a longggg day and a half. Looking forward to Tuesday now. Tick Tock.
Congrats, I have the same combo, with the 19" HPT's. It's funny that once you saw it you feel in love. I had that same exact reaction to the combo. I wanted the SH-AWD from the start so I test drove a Grigio/Umber and loved the car itself but just melted when I saw the Mayan/Umber. I'll be keeping an eye out for you. Be sure to give us a good follow up after you've spent some time behind the wheel. And a Lambo for a track car. What type of work/business are you in?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Advanced

I paid 38,250 which included wheel locks, trunk mud and mud flaps. That was the best price I could find in the area. And I got the 3.9 financing. So about the same price as above.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wavehogger
Congrats, I have the same combo, with the 19" HPT's. It's funny that once you saw it you feel in love. I had that same exact reaction to the combo. I wanted the SH-AWD from the start so I test drove a Grigio/Umber and loved the car itself but just melted when I saw the Mayan/Umber. I'll be keeping an eye out for you. Be sure to give us a good follow up after you've spent some time behind the wheel. And a Lambo for a track car. What type of work/business are you in?
Yeah I can't wait to take the TL on a nice long drive!! When I was researching I didn't really like the MBM. It looked too Poop Brown but when I saw it in person, it actually is a nice burgandy or red wine color and the umber interior is out of this world nice!! Where in Mass are you? I am on the border of Mass and Rhode Island. If I told you what I do for a living, the masses here would kill me. Let's just say its X-rated.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mhudson78660
I paid 38,250 which included wheel locks, trunk mud and mud flaps. That was the best price I could find in the area. And I got the 3.9 financing. So about the same price as above.
That is an awesome price! It's actually very close to what the dealer paid for the car. To boot you got the trunk tray and mudflaps. I tried to get them to include all-weather mats, body side mouldings and trunk tray with the deal and the salesperson looked and told me that if he gave me anything else, he'd lose his job. I dont really care as all I need is the all-weather mats and bodyside mouldings and I actually got them for very cheap on ebay. You did well sir!!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Advanced

The place was 250 over invoice minus any dealer hold back. I figure you can always find someone who will say they paid less but it was fair to me. I am very happy with everything. Just ready to hit 600 miles and drive it hard. And everyone who has seen it in person has loved it. Looks so much better than in the pics.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Racer

Yeah I can't wait to take the TL on a nice long drive!! When I was researching I didn't really like the MBM. It looked too Poop Brown but when I saw it in person, it actually is a nice burgandy or red wine color and the umber interior is out of this world nice!! Where in Mass are you? I am on the border of Mass and Rhode Island. If I told you what I do for a living, the masses here would kill me. Let's just say its X-rated.
I know you'll love it as a daily driver. It's stiffer than the FWD but not annoyingly so, and I have the 19's.

I'm in central mass. There is a meet i'm hosting June 28th if you're interested.
https://acurazine.com/forums/new-england-314/june-28th-meet-heberts-candy-mansion-shrewsbury-ma-1pm-725166/

You have permission to PM/IM me with the X-rated info. I promise not to talk.