Enough lurking....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:52 AM
lji
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Sterling McCall didn't put a logo on mine.. I still have their license plate frames though.. but not for long.
Same here... I specifically asked that they not put any decals/logos on the car when I bought the car, but I've still got the selling dealer's license plate frame .... which I've been meaning to take off, but haven't yet.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
beautiful color, but...

Put some splash guards on the car. You'll wish you had them.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats gibjer! Beautiful color.
You know, those new 18" wheels are starting to grow on me
Old 04-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Rowing my own

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
So after owning the car for almost two years the TL is gone.

Replaced with a Subaru Legacy 2.5i w/CVT, super commuter and family hauler.

.... and a Miata

TL was a fantastic car, it will be missed, but when driving the car alone, I couldn't get over the feeling that the car was a compromise. Also I work at the enterprise level of a company that employs a lot of people making 11-14 bucks an hour, I shouldn't feel guilty, but pulling into the parking and parking it next to other's cars who I know are just getting by wore on me a bit as well.

In the end, my out of pocket expenses for both cars is a wash, might even be saving a few bucks a month (bought the miata used) and I have a new toy for weekend road trip seeking

Thanks to those who gave guidance on here, I might have some some DVD-As for sale in the near future.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Well you gotta do what you gotta do...but what do you mean by compromise? Is it more like guilt?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by gibjer
So after owning the car for almost two years the TL is gone.

Replaced with a Subaru Legacy 2.5i w/CVT, super commuter and family hauler.

.... and a Miata

TL was a fantastic car, it will be missed, but when driving the car alone, I couldn't get over the feeling that the car was a compromise. Also I work at the enterprise level of a company that employs a lot of people making 11-14 bucks an hour, I shouldn't feel guilty, but pulling into the parking and parking it next to other's cars who I know are just getting by wore on me a bit as well.

In the end, my out of pocket expenses for both cars is a wash, might even be saving a few bucks a month (bought the miata used) and I have a new toy for weekend road trip seeking

Thanks to those who gave guidance on here, I might have some some DVD-As for sale in the near future.
My father shares that philosophy when it comes to deciding which of the cars are "work appropriate", lol as if he's fooling anyone. That's special to hear though that you cared enough to sell yours ; do you feel as though it created animosity between you and your employees?

Originally Posted by TeamAcura
Well you gotta do what you gotta do...but what do you mean by compromise? Is it more like guilt?
+1
Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Rowing my own

Originally Posted by TeamAcura
That it wasn't a true sports car.

It's a great car, but it has to wear many hats, and there are pushes and pulls.

If I could have afforded to keep the TL AND get the Miata I would have.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Rowing my own

Originally Posted by HeartTLs
My father shares that philosophy when it comes to deciding which of the cars are "work appropriate", lol as if he's fooling anyone. That's special to hear though that you cared enough to sell yours ; do you feel as though it created animosity between you and your employees?

+1

Not really any animosity so to speak, I'm in a lucky position where my wife is also gainfully employed and makes almost as much as I do, which allows me to spend more of my income on cars. We also live very conservatively and well within our means, we also shop for deals, don't live extravagantly etc, cars are my one sanity splurge, they've always been my interest/hobby and where I choose to spend my expendable income, other people spend their money on other things.

I remember a few years back when I was looking at family haulers after my son was born and I picked up a Murano, I was joking with the finance person that I really wanted the GT-R (it was a practical 4 seater with LATCH right?) and looking over the numbers she dead pans and says, I could definitely get a loan for that and drive that home today instead ... luckily I had brought my then 3 month old son with me and reality kicked back in before I did something ... impulsive lol
Old 04-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Hit me up with a list of your DVD-As. I might be interested.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Rowing my own

The DVD-A's are currently on loan with another local member, he's picking through them, once I have what's left available I'll post up for grabs.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Cool. Thanks.