4G TL (2009-2014)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: Do U Like the New Interior?
Yes
67.22%
Maybe - it'll have to grow on me
13.00%
No
13.00%
Have to see it 4 real 1st
6.79%
Voters: 1031. You may not vote on this poll

Do U Like the Interior Design of 4G TL

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:46 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I voted yes. I Love the new interior. I believe its bold and edgy and taking Acura to new levels. The knob is easy to use and the leather is oh so nice. The quiteness and comfort are beyond comparison. Just give it a chance and I think you guys also will agree.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love the interior, helped me make my choice over infinity and lexus!!! I got mine interior in Umber and I always get compliments on it!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
YES, You have to see it in person

So it doesnt photograph well...but boy is it hot when you actually go and look at it and then drive it wow! I like it in black or the white. Its really the most bang for your buck in terms of technology too. The only thing that I thought was kinda funny looking was that big as grill! I also didnt like that they put a cover over all the stuff under the hood except that main middle part...kinda makes you feel like you cant touch the damn thing for anything minor without a hassle or without going to them for it.

Gorgeous Car

Zenally
TL 2003 owner
Old 02-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the car, but can the door handles be replaced with a stronger option perhaps?? Maybe they will change them in the next years version.

zenally
Old 05-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
It's perfectly normal for folks to be resistant to the 4G when the 3G is going away and what once was the champ is now the retired champ. The 4G is a superior machine, that's reality. The interior in impeccable..a joy to ride and and a treat for the eyes. The sound system is off the hook! I put on some durty sof crunk jams and the sub-woofer kicked like crazy. Then I put on some jazz and was like, man...the depth of the sound was amazing.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:48 PM
4th Gear

I love the interiors of the new TL's, they look kind of cluttered but after using it for a few weeks, you realize that it makes sense. I got in to a TL after an IS250 and I gotta tell you, Lexus didn't even come close to the functionality of Acura.
First off, the interior lights are all ONE color, not 3!
Second, even the base packages come with more features than any other luxury brand.
Third, more room. It might be designed from an Accord Chasis (Not sure) but it sure does not feel like one when you're sitting inside.
Good work Acura. Kudos.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I hate to tell you, but even though I like the interior on the 4G, there is much more cheap imitation plastic pieces throughout the TL in different areas then there was in the 3G and I think it takes away from the luxury ambiance of the cabin! Plus, the center console, especially with the tech package, which adds more buttons, is too clutered and not as ergonomical as the 3G was with the tech package/button layout! Acura is not alone in doing this though, Mercedes has been doing it with the C and E class the last several years as well with all the cheap plastic pieces and I've read a couple of reviews over the years calling them on this!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 AM
5th Gear

Love the interior, it's what sold the car for me
Old 05-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Intermediate

I have had my 10' TL AWD TECH for 3 weeks now and I love the interior. The perforated leather seats on the tech option are great and gives the car that luxury feeling. The center stack does have a lot of controls but you get used to it but definitely not a deal breaker for me. I compared this car to the 335 and the TL interior is so much better.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:39 PM
B A N N E D

^^^ any of u guys interested in all season mats oem for the 4g TL I have a set for sale In the black market for $70 shipped under private sales and trades, they are black and comes 4 drivers passanger and 2 back ones, let me know thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Sleeper cell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, I haven't seen the interior personally, but from what I do see, I don't like it. I never have liked the exterior. What is that "shield" shape Acura puts on the nose(grill) and trunk? Reminds me of a robot from The Black Hole(an old movie). And I never knew until now that we lost touch screen functionality with the new TL. That majorly sucks!!! But I see why. They put the screen in such a wonderful location. And if we can't use the NAV while driving, that's a deal breaker for me as well. After having my TL for 5 years now, using the NAV while driving is of the utmost importance to me. A couple years ago, my girlfriend bought a Prius and had NAVI in it. We were trying to find something on the NAV but couldn't because you couldn't use it while driving...and I was the one(passenger not driver) trying to use the NAV!!! I have my daughter program the NAv for me all the time while we're driving. Puliing off the road is more of a hassle than it's worth. Looks like I won't be buying another TL. Oh well, I've always wanted an M3.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
I finally had a chance to test drive a 4g/tech last week and I must say I like the interior better than my 3g/tech. The only real disadvantage to me would be the loss of the touch-screen NAV but I'm sure it is something I'd get used to. I'm waiting for the 2011's to come out which will be closer to my lease terminiation to try to work a better deal than the one they offered. I may however decide to up the lease another year and wait for the 2012's and expected changes that will go with it (6-speed AT, revised beak, maybe even cooled seats?).
Old 07-06-2010, 03:25 PM
5th Gear

3GL seems much cleaner...had mive now for close to 7 years...still stands out for simplicity against many new cars..including neighbors 2009
Old 07-28-2010, 09:13 PM
10th Gear

I like the pilot look to it
Old 08-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Cruisin'

I love the interior. It really stands out from other cars. When looking at Lexus I was quickly turned off by their elderly interior. Here's a question. I'm still a couple of weeks away from pulling the trigger but I'm set on a black exterior and leaning towards a tan interior (black back up). Has anyone had any issues keeping the tan interior clean? I don't have kids. The black interior is the easy way out.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Ac Man
I think the interior looks good, yes we're going to miss the touch screen Nav, but why is this a surprise to people? Everyone new that the knob was going to be the new way to interact with the system, so why all the shock and disappointment?
I for one like the way the nav screen sits back and more up topside, like the BMW.. Very easy to see! I never had a touch screen Nav in my car, so this was my first in my SH-AWD TL. I have in fact memorized all the known voice commands, so I rarely use the buttons, I just talk plus it is very safe as my eyes stay on the road and after all Honda-Acura is all about safety!!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by hnosaj
I love the interior. It really stands out from other cars. When looking at Lexus I was quickly turned off by their elderly interior. Here's a question. I'm still a couple of weeks away from pulling the trigger but I'm set on a black exterior and leaning towards a tan interior (black back up). Has anyone had any issues keeping the tan interior clean? I don't have kids. The black interior is the easy way out.
Mine is tan and what I did from day one is use a quality leather cleaner and conditioner. It helps protect the leather and also appears to resist dirt, so mine is showroom new looking after 5 months and 5K miles! I do have a Bathroom Towel on the floor in the back seat, so if I happen to be where I know I was sitting on something dirty, I just cover the seat and move on. I have 2 of them one for me, one for the wife. They make an after market one for the rear seat, but a towel seems to do the trick. I apply Leather protector about once every 4 months. Just be sure that it is something you can spray on as that is light and easy to apply, not some very thick and gooey leather conditioner. Lots of choices at Pep-Boys or on the internet..
Old 09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
10th Gear

The seats are comfortable while remaining supportive, the dash and controls layout is intuitive, overall ergonomics balanced and thought-out, and visibility is excellent.
Visually, I can't say that I'm crazy about the combination of two-tone interiors with the metallic highlights, but the black interior tones down the metal panels, and works as a more integrated look.
The trunk is probably the weakest component. While sufficiently large in volume, it's odd shape and depth makes it a chore to fit larger bags, especially if the optional trunk tray is installed.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Cruisin'

I think the interior is quite nice. My 10/tech navi is easy to use and in voice command is more user friendly than touch screens. So i voted a big yes.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:46 PM
5th Gear

i'm in the market for a new acura...my first generation lasted 11 yrs, first owner, and rode me around for 334k+ miles worth. I am hoping to find another to do the same. Not to keen on the tsx but what about the TL or RL? does anyone know about the RL performance and functionality?
Old 12-25-2010, 12:54 AM
8th Gear

One of the nicest in the industry!

Not only is it comfortable to drive... it looks awesome! Cool 3-d dash, awesome French stitching, thick steering wheel, wraparound dash, seats that envelop you. And, I for one, don't have to deal with yet another car that forces me to use the Nav screen to get to everything... there are alternative buttons in English to do most functions.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
i hate that the center of the rear is so damn uncomfortable. has anyone tried to fit 3 in the rear seat, yet?
Old 03-08-2011, 04:39 AM
Instructor

When compared to the competition ..... the TL is the best ... and it has "real" leather ....
Old 03-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
New interior looks tacky

I really think the 2012 interior trim looks about as contemporary and timeless as advocado and marigold appliances that were the rage in the 70's.

I'm not sure why the couldn't offer a wood trim like they did for the shift knob or just a simple monochromatic theme that blended in.

I'm guessing the guys who tossed this trim level still have their mothers giving them garanimal gifts for the holidays (however the guys still can't figure out what the tags on the shirts and pants are for).

I this trim level might accentuate my style as I drive to the beach in my speedos and heavy gold chains.

Last edited by boe_d; 03-18-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
If they are going as tacky as they did in the picture above, they might as well go all the way
-
There is a reason why contemporary styling is so TEMPORARY. Classic styling never goes out of style. Edgey may be cool for about 3 seconds but good taste is timeless.

Last edited by boe_d; 04-03-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by boe_d
I really think the 2012 interior trim looks about as contemporary and timeless as advocado and marigold appliances that were the rage in the 70's.

I'm not sure why the couldn't offer a wood trim like they did for the shift knob or just a simple monochromatic theme that blended in.

I'm guessing the guys who tossed this trim level still have their mothers giving them garanimal gifts for the holidays (however the guys still can't figure out what the tags on the shirts and pants are for).

I this trim level might accentuate my style as I drive to the beach in my speedos and heavy gold chains.
I think they were going for tech and sport, not lux. They leave the lux for the RL.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:25 PM
US Navy Seabees

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVPPT..._order&list=UL
Old 07-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
have a '12 base as a loaner right now.

interior pro's -
AWESOME steering wheel, fat and sport, nicer controls than the 3G
general layout welcome and comfortable, easy to get used to

con's -
seems like cheaper leather material on seats and door panels
terrible arm rest, what were they thinking with the horseshoe at the end?
seats are comfy but lacking in support dept.