Buyer Beware! 2009 Acura TL - 19UUA96569A004326

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:03 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by potmilkz
i would hate to see a new member post a picture of your car in a few months saying he just got a good deal because dealer found out all the things wrong with your car.. feel bad for the individual who would have to go through that.

Yea, that would suck. If they get it at a bargain price and the dealer puts a few dollars into the car it could be a good 1st car for some kid. I'll posted in the regionals as well. I'll bump this thread up every so often for as long as the car is for sale.

Originally Posted by Acc-Rite
I'm almost inclined to ask, do you think maybe the black made you a target? lol my WDP seems to attract unwanted haters also........curbs...........taxi's................ ........cows. Yes, a cow! Even tho it's been through hell, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Glad you came out on top in all of this.
My 1st 4G which took a beating was Pallidium, in my 1st post I provided a link to the dealers sale page. My new 4G is black. I don't know if vehicle color has anything to do with it; it being very modded did. I can think of a few other things though that contributed to the accidents such as the exhaust. It seemed to get other motorists adrenaline pumping, even when I was going slow idiots thought I was egging them on to race or they'd try to make me race (which I wouldn't) and they begin drive erractically. I also live in a "No Fault" state, work in the medical field of NF, am familiar with INS practices and know how police reports are written/interpreted, when I did occasionally drive like an Ahole I always situated myself that although I might have contributed to an accident (speeding) I'd always maintain my lane, right of way, etc. I no longer drive that way and completely avoid potentially risky situations, so it's a non issue.
The following users liked this post:
Alexander. (03-23-2013)
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by HeartTLs
I offered my headlights/tails (silly tri staters slept on them) and also wanted to trade the grille but was very reluctant to. The price of my new TL was very aggressive and I knew that if I slept on it I was a) going to lose this car and b) no acura dealer would be dumb enough to offer me 17k on a car that according to a local acura dealer is worth 7k because of the title; I was underwater with that car. Hyundai didn't do their due diligence, tisk tisk. Beisdes that I caught them off guard when I went to purchase with how much I knew about used car buys.

I took off all my performance mods, some aesthetic ones and the Hyundai dealership gave me a hard time when we initially began to negotiate the buy/trade because he didn't want me altering anything on my old car. He wanted me to trade it in as is. I obviously couldn't agree to that but the used car manager was pretty adamant about leaving the grille on there because he "hates the oem beak". So given the circumstances I took what I could and I ran with it.

I called the sales rep on Saturday for some misc stuff and he told me they now can't get my old TL to pass an inspection. He believes it hasn't "cycled" since the battery was unpluged for the exhaust parts to be removed although they've driven it for over 250k miles, plus the 60 miles I drove to get there. So when they hook it up to the inspection machine it neither fail nor passes, which I don't understand because there was no check engine light on before or after I turned the car in. And I had all the OEM parts reinstalled.

I found the original email regarding my pedal purchase and it seems as though the merchant either no longer does business on eBay or simply changed his user account. I did find this which is exactly what I had before except it doesn't say "Acura". It's also fairly priced unlike that SC bs. Sport Fuel Brake Foot Rest at Pedals Plate for Acura TL TSX 2009 2011 2012 | eBay
Thanks for the link. The seller gets good reviews, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the pedals. Thanks again.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Cam if you need the lip kit let me know, I can arrange for you the entire kit shipped/painted for 918.
Sounds like a fair price and I will keep it in mind when I'm ready to update...hopefully this summer.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
look what i found guys

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Acura-TL-4DSD...item3a7f7e6ea0
Old 03-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Drifting

LOLOLOLOLOLOL I guess they finally realized the extent of the damage on the title. Oh Lordy~

Edit: dammit I still miss my RJ grille!

Ran AutoCheck (http://www.nexteppe.com/midislandhyu...96519#accident) on the VIN and noticed something odd, although they clearly state at the top that there's only been one accident reported on 10/30/11, further down if you check the "Full History" report it clearly shows there was an accident on 10/30/11 and on 12/04/11. Hmmm. That's interesting that all the other ones don't show up either.

Last edited by HeartTLs; 03-22-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Scott

Received 156 Likes on 151 Posts
Congrats on your 12' CBP Carlos! It sounds like you got it for a great price.!
HeartTLs (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
on a good note hows the new ride? hope your enjoying the new car
Old 03-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Drifting

I love it, CBP is a pain to keep clean but I bought a car cover which I'm using every night. Im also going to have the car professionally detailed for paint corrections, have a ceramic coat applied and then clear bra the entire front from mirrors onward.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Did you disclose your knowledge about all the damage to the dealer who currently is trying to sell it?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Drifting

Tried to speak to the sales person who sold me my new TL and haven't been able to get a hold of him since. Why do you ask?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:21 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car looks sick especially with the lip kit great guy
Old 03-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
I was just curious to know if they knew about all the wrecks that the car has been involved in or if they were trying to sell it without that knowledge.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Drifting

I don't think they know. They might know, but there's no documentation of it for them to confirm it. And since to most consumers only care whats on the carfax I doubt the dealership cares either; they will definitely lose any potential buyers that read this thread or anyone who cares to do their homework when buying a car.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Looks like their asking price has been dropped by $1,000 - the game of limbo now begins. Wonder how low they will go...
Old 03-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
I love it, CBP is a pain to keep clean but I bought a car cover which I'm using every night. Im also going to have the car professionally detailed for paint corrections, have a ceramic coat applied and then clear bra the entire front from mirrors onward.
Be careful with that man...you'll end up with a ton of clear coat scratches.

IMO a car cover should only be used immediately after detailing. You can use one of the dusters each time before putting the cover on but that's still not a guarantee that particles won't remain on the car and cause abrasions when the cover is moved or removed.

The clear coat on my CBP is extremely soft. I am one anal SOB when it comes to what touches my car and I still have a good number of light scratches. Fortunately you can only see them from certain angles.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Scott

A california duster works good for a quick wipe down for dust. Wont scratch the clear coat either.
At least that's what they claim.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by ucf_bronco

IMO a car cover should only be used immediately after detailing. You can use one of the dusters each time before putting the cover on but that's still not a guarantee that particles won't remain on the car and cause abrasions when the cover is moved or removed.

The clear coat on my CBP is extremely soft. I am one anal SOB when it comes to what touches my car and I still have a good number of light scratches. Fortunately you can only see them from certain angles.
yes one needs to be careful when donning and doffing the car cover, as long as the car is clean...the cover will be fine as long as you minimize "dragging" the cover across the finish. i used a car cover on my TL for 6+ years before she took over the garage. i had minimal marring from all those years of cover on, cover off. i used the cali duster and lightly taking it over the finish. sometimes i would do a quick spray and wipe with detail spray, then put the cover on. if rain/snow was forecasted i'd just leave it off if i was going to hve to drive anywhere the next day. i've learned a few ways to "place" the cover on the car and then "wrap" is around the bumpers without dragging it.

Originally Posted by LawnPro
A california duster works good for a quick wipe down for dust. Wont scratch the clear coat either.
i've used a cali duster for years. never had a problem. just don't press hard on the duster to the car. if the car is really just dirty not dusty...bath time!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by CanadacuraTL
Looks like their asking price has been dropped by $1,000 - the game of limbo now begins. Wonder how low they will go...
Lol I shoved that car so far up their asses they can barely breath; when it's all said and done I'm sure they'll lose money on that car but it even's out with profits from other trade in sales.

Originally Posted by ucf_bronco

I still need a pro detail before putting the clear bra on, I'm tempted to just put it on the entire vehicle. I'll be more careful though from now on when removing/putting on the cover in the meantime; currently I've developed a decent method for getting it on and off. I tried to use a clean mitt to dust the car before and after putting the cover on but the mitt just moved around the dust. I'll look into getting a duster.

Is that what the particular item is called, "The California Duster", where'd you get it, any auto store or autogeek?

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
yes one needs to be careful when donning and doffing the car cover, as long as the car is clean...the cover will be fine as long as you minimize "dragging" the cover across the finish. i used a car cover on my TL for 6+ years before she took over the garage. i had minimal marring from all those years of cover on, cover off. i used the cali duster and lightly taking it over the finish. sometimes i would do a quick spray and wipe with detail spray, then put the cover on. if rain/snow was forecasted i'd just leave it off if i was going to hve to drive anywhere the next day. i've learned a few ways to "place" the cover on the car and then "wrap" is around the bumpers without dragging it.

i've used a cali duster for years. never had a problem. just don't press hard on the duster to the car. if the car is really just dirty not dusty...bath time!
I don't put the cover on if it's going to rain or snow because I don't want the cover to get wet.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 100 Posts

Is that what the particular item is called, "The California Duster", where'd you get it, any auto store or autogeek?

Can get them at Walmart auto section or any auto store. They are pretty much everywhere.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
I still need a pro detail before putting the clear bra on, I'm tempted to just put it on the entire vehicle. I'll be more careful though from now on when removing/putting on the cover in the meantime; currently I've developed a decent method for getting it on and off. I tried to use a clean mitt to dust the car before and after putting the cover on but the mitt just moved around the dust. I'll look into getting a duster.
If you decide not to do the entire vehicle, at least do the entire hood. Mine came with the clear bra but it only covers the front third of the hood...not the best look on CBP!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It's very nice and I guess some would say "honorable" to warn ppl about your previous car. Just not sure its the smartest thing to do. There clearly wasn't full disclosure on your part to the dealer about all the accidents and the extent of the damage to your car. The dealers I've been to make me document and sign off on the condition of the car your trading in. Not sure if this was the case at the Hyundai dealer. I guess you can put some blame on the dealership for not doing their homework on the car. Either way, you weren't totally upfront with them. Not saying anything was wrong with that, but I certainly wouldn't post on the internet telling ppl not to buy the car due to accidents I didn't disclose to the dealer that's now selling the car. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bit you in your a$$. Congrats on the new car.
a35tl (01-19-2014)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by queens207tl
It's very nice and I guess some would say "honorable" to warn ppl about your previous car. Just not sure its the smartest thing to do. There clearly wasn't full disclosure on your part to the dealer about all the accidents and the extent of the damage to your car. The dealers I've been to make me document and sign off on the condition of the car your trading in. Not sure if this was the case at the Hyundai dealer. I guess you can put some blame on the dealership for not doing their homework on the car. Either way, you weren't totally upfront with them. Not saying anything was wrong with that, but I certainly wouldn't post on the internet telling ppl not to buy the car due to accidents I didn't disclose to the dealer that's now selling the car. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bit you in your a$$. Congrats on the new car.

They never asked me how many accidents the vehicle had been in. Had they asked it'd be a different story . I disclosed as much information as I was asked. None. Come at me bro~

Last edited by HeartTLs; 03-27-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
They never asked me how many accidents the vehicle had been in. Had they asked it'd be a different story . I disclosed as much information as I was asked. None. Come at me bro~
Gotcha. Definitely it's on them for not asking. I know where to go now when I need to trade in my car I was just concerned about the dealerships ability to take action against you for this. I don't know if they can but I personally would not take the chance. Anyway, congrats again on the new car.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

the cover actually breathes pretty well (depending which one you get). usually when my car was parked all weekend, i'd wash on friday and put the cover on. if we got a random shower, no big deal. the cover dried and the car still looked nice a clean as it should by monday. the cover usually takes an hour or so to dry in direct sunlight. if it's a drenching rain...still no issues, let the car sit and then let the cover dry. of course, if you plan on driving anywhere, then yes, i would just leave the cover off.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:54 PM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
honestly.. i would have fucked the dealer too on this.. if you were honest with them, you can lose a good chunk of money.. in this economy.. its survival of the fittest.. and if the dealer messed up by not asking or doing their research.. then its the dealers problem not yours.. you simply sold them the car..

if you were you buy a car privately from someone and later down the line you found out it was previously crashed.. who's fault will that be?? of course its your fault for being stupid in the first place and not doing your research..
Old 03-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Drifting

Pricing is starting to get somewhat aggressive.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Scott

" california duster " is the name of it. It's red in color, and I think I bought mine at O' Reiley auto parts store.
And I think autogeek.net sells them also.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Drifting

^^^

Thanks, I just ordered mine!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
^^ its going to scratch the fuck out of the car, coming from experience - you're dragging dirt/dust particles all over the clearcoat.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Scott

From my experience it won't scratch at all - if the car is only a little dusty from sitting.
It should not be used on a car with ANY dirt on it. Dust only. It's almost a must-have with a black/dark color car.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alexander.
^^ its going to scratch the fuck out of the car, coming from experience - you're dragging dirt/dust particles all over the clearcoat.
From my experience it won't scratch at all - if the car is only a little dusty from sitting.
It should not be used on a car with ANY dirt on it. Dust only. It's almost a must-have with a black/dark color car.

After I wash my car I usually cover it the same night with the car cover. I was considering using the duster before and after putting the cover on to remove the dust. Not necessarily between washes + detailer spray to keep it clean. Is it not intended for the purpose I'm going to use it for.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Drifting

http://www.web2/91470008/2009/acura/...-cars/for-sale

http://www.dealerrater.com/classifie...A96569A004326/

http://www.longislandexchange.com/au...UA96569A004326

http://www.groovecar.com/used/car_de...?carid=3718923

http://www.midislandhyundai.mobi/use...308115/2896519
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

if it's any comfort, i've used a cali duster for long time on my TL (and i'm REALLY anal about my TL), and i've had no issues with using it. if it's only dust, use the duster. if there are splashes of dirt or whatever...a little detail spray and microfiber, put the car under the blankie and you're good to go.

after using the cover on my TL for the firist 6+ yrs (daily mind you), i found there were very few light scratches on the clear coat and ZERO swirls (from weekly washes)...any of the random light scratches i suspect were from me taking snow off the car (dragging my arm and glove to push it off ). since those days...she's had a proper polish and is now scratch free keep that paint looking!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
if it's any comfort, i've used a cali duster for long time on my TL (and i'm REALLY anal about my TL), and i've had no issues with using it. if it's only dust, use the duster. if there are splashes of dirt or whatever...a little detail spray and microfiber, put the car under the blankie and you're good to go.

after using the cover on my TL for the firist 6+ yrs (daily mind you), i found there were very few light scratches on the clear coat and ZERO swirls (from weekly washes)...any of the random light scratches i suspect were from me taking snow off the car (dragging my arm and glove to push it off ). since those days...she's had a proper polish and is now scratch free keep that paint looking!
^^Me too. I have had 5 black cars over the years and currently have one now. I have used a Cali duster for as long as I can remember to dust my cars and it has never caused any scratches.

Of course, it is what it is, meaning it is only meant to dust the paint. If the paint is dirty don’t put the duster to it or you’re going to scratch it. It works great on tree pollen.

BTW – When you first get it follow the directions to let it sit out in the sun on newspaper for a few hours. This will remove any of the excess wax coating that is on the duster's strands. I have found it works better if you do this then if you don’t.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by yrmed
Congrats on the new car.

Is it legal for you to disclose that the car has been in all those accidents when the dealership owns it now? I mean, if this thread comes up in a google search and the dealership repeatedly loses business on this car, can they sue? Just curious...
Probably not. Not that they couldn't try, but they probably wouldnt get too far.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Drifting

I read NYS car sale disclosure laws before my sale/posts and they're basically in place to protect buyers from dealer but not the other way around.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Drifting

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...UA96569A004326
Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
^^^holly crap, its long list of damage lol.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Drifting

Yea, I wasn't joking. The worest part is that not all the accidents show up and for some reason it shows up as a 1 owner vehicle.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Drifting

Bump! Any updates?

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware! 2009 Acura TL - 19UUA96569A004326