Anyone test drive the '09 A4 2.0t and '09 TL

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:25 AM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Type34
At least here in SoCal, many Audi dealerships are teamed with VW dealerships. I owned a 2001 Jetta VR6 GLX and unfortunately had numerous occasions in which I visited Audi/VW dealers (my wonderful VeeDub left me stranded on the freeway 3x in the 1st 2 years of ownership)...needless to say, I sold it in 2003 to get my TL-S.

Anyway, Audi/VW service was the worst I've ever experienced (I've owned Chevys and Fords mind you). An example: I had my Jetta in for brake service and they returned the car with no center VW caps on my wheels. I asked the service advisor where my caps went and he said I brought the car in with no center caps...WTF?? He told me I was lying and that I'd have to take it to the manager. The manager said he believed his advisor and that I'd have to contact the owner of the dealership (it was almost as though these guys were in cahoots on stealing things, it was weird). I contacted the owner and never heard back...I ended up buying replacement caps on eBay and vowing to light the dealership on fire...

Not learning my lesson, prior to buying our '08 TSX we looked at the A4 2.0T cabriolet w/ S-line (we had a bug up our arse for a convertible). After the test drive, the young salesman actually begged us to buy the car 'cuz he needed a sale and was throwing out so much misinformation it was embarrasing. I couldn't wait to get off the lot.

One of my best friends is now experiencing the same horror with his Audi Q7. The service is awful (his experience is worse considering his wife has been getting the run-around)...I told him not to buy Audi, now he's paying...not sure what you guys have experienced, but he nor I will ever own another Audi/VW product again.
It's too bad you and your friend have had a bad experience with VW/Audi but i will say my experience is much different.

I purchased a Jetta 2.0T/GLI in 2006 and was my first new German car (i have previously owned, GM, Ford, Honda, Nissan and Toyota...actually our family once owned a Toyota Dealership).

I purchased the Jetta over a TSX and was nervous about the reliability reputation. I must say that this car after 3 years is the most reliable car i have ever owned. The only Major problem i had was my A/C failed this summer and it was in pieces on a late Friday on August long weekend. As i got the call waiting for the excuses they told me that they rented me a car for the weekend and where sending it down to my work for the weekend free of charge......This was VW...I can only imagine what Audi must be like.

Having said this i know there are other dealers out there that are horrible. I am sure when we owned our Dealership some people loved us and others hated us.....I have seen many threads on here complaining of Acura Dealers so unfortunately no matter what you own you always have to search for someone who treats you good.