Aftermarket Honda/Acura HIM HDS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 10:43 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
Aftermarket Honda/Acura HIM HDS?

Thinking of spending some $ on one of those aftermarket HONDA HIM HDS with the right software. Any legit vendors out there? What is the latest/compatible software/connector that will work for our '09-'10 TLs SHAWD to do simple things like re-set the door locks or register a remote starter or reset codes etc etc. Feel free to reply via PM or post below any experiences.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
interested as well, I would love to be able to make keys for my MDX and TL
Old 02-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
+1
Old 02-08-2015, 09:54 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

So far my research shows that the software version 3.012.023 is the latest, unless I missed something. Covers all Honda/Acura from 1992-2012. Usually goes for around $150US and it is widely available on ebay and other sites, mainly ships from China.

However I get the feeling that it needs live internet connection because it gets data from the "cloud" or whatever Honda calls it (funny thing it use to be called ISIS Integrated Service Information System, a very unfortunate acronym - lol - now called SIS Service Information System).

You must be a registered member of the National Automotive Service Task Force Secure Data Release Model (NASTF SDRM) registry to purchase Key & Immobilizer codes and access to that "cloud". Goes for around $1000 a year, subscription based.

So, even if I buy the wireless connector and the right software, unless I have a login/pass that any registered dealership is using... I am probably buying something useless.

Some sellers, especially on e-bay, say there is no need to login anywhere. That poses another issue... if indeed the software is legit, or is going to screw up my ECU. Imagine the embarrassment if it does and I go to the dealer and tell them what I did! - lol.

So, back to square one. Any ideas?
Old 02-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would think something like this should work
2015 Honda HDS HIM Diagnostic Tool | eBay

If it has the software in it. It should work without the internet. I can see why you would need to be connected to the cloud for Immobilizer or anything to do with programming keys or even updating the ecu since Honda uses rolling codes for their immobilizers but for $1000 a year, rather pay the delear to program my key

Btw I haven't tried this product yet but have been on the fence on getting it as I would like to see live data and god forbid I get a check eng light that's a manufacturer specific code in the future
Old 02-09-2015, 01:14 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts
^^^^^

Is there a chart telling which year Acura's are using rolling codes and which aren't ?
Old 02-09-2015, 09:59 AM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Tonyware
So far my research shows that the software version 3.012.023 is the latest, unless I missed something. Covers all Honda/Acura from 1992-2012. Usually goes for around $150US and it is widely available on ebay and other sites, mainly ships from China.

However I get the feeling that it needs live internet connection because it gets data from the "cloud" or whatever Honda calls it (funny thing it use to be called ISIS Integrated Service Information System, a very unfortunate acronym - lol - now called SIS Service Information System).

You must be a registered member of the National Automotive Service Task Force Secure Data Release Model (NASTF SDRM) registry to purchase Key & Immobilizer codes and access to that "cloud". Goes for around $1000 a year, subscription based.

So, even if I buy the wireless connector and the right software, unless I have a login/pass that any registered dealership is using... I am probably buying something useless.

Some sellers, especially on e-bay, say there is no need to login anywhere. That poses another issue... if indeed the software is legit, or is going to screw up my ECU. Imagine the embarrassment if it does and I go to the dealer and tell them what I did! - lol.

So, back to square one. Any ideas?
You don't need any internet connections. It does not need to connect to the cloud. I bought the same version you have listed and I have used it for:

1. Resetting the MID items (ATF, diff fluid changes etc)
2. Testing all light bulbs
3. Running complete system diagnostics including ABS/SHAWD - Systems that you could not check with a regular OBD2 tool.
4. Registering an OEM starter
5. I haven't done this but you could also register another key.

For the OEM starter OR for the new key registrations you would need a PCM immobilizer code which is typically retrieved from their server. However, you could also input it manually. I found an Acura PCM code generator that created the key for me and it worked like a charm. I don't remember the exact name of the app. I had it on a laptop that I recently got rid off. I just remember that it was a trial version that allowed for the generation of a single key - but hey that's all I really needed.

Overall, the HDS was probably one of the best tools that I have purchased for the TL and it has saved me a ton of money (from the OEM starter installation alone).

If you buy the HDS online make sure you also buy a Serial to USB cable connector - I don't think mine came with one and of course I don't have any retro computers at home that have serials ports anymore.
The following users liked this post:
Tonyware (02-09-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Instructor

I don't remember if this is the exact app I used but here is what a quick google search yields:

https://sellfy.com/p/PIOz/
The following 2 users liked this post by acupower:
csmeance (02-09-2015), Tonyware (02-09-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 02:20 PM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

acupower... thanks for the info. I recall you posted that before somewhere but couldn't find the thread, so thanks for reposting that info. I'll take my chances and go buy that. I see one vendor on ebay who includes a Serial to USB.

Any reliable vendors you recommend?

Last edited by Tonyware; 02-09-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
just and FYI you need the hack firmware to get the HDS to make keys or else you need to have a honda tech login. *I have the modified software, which I had to pay for*

The fly100 works with the immbolizer but has not been tested on cars 2009+

This is from a guy that had both units.

HDS good because you can use windows 7. A little harder to use and the unit is really slow since it uses a serial port to usb 1.0/1.1 converter

Fly100 you must use windows XP uses a direct usb 2.0 system. Easier to use but not guaranteed to work with all models, bypass all safe guards so you can just program the keys directly instead of using a generator to get a passcode

i made this video

Last edited by thisaznboi88; 02-09-2015 at 02:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
csmeance (02-09-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 08:14 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tonyware
acupower... thanks for the info. I recall you posted that before somewhere but couldn't find the thread, so thanks for reposting that info. I'll take my chances and go buy that. I see one vendor on ebay who includes a Serial to USB.

Any reliable vendors you recommend?

Hey Tony,

No problem. I'm glad to share my experience. Unfortunately, I bought the HDS from EBAY a while ago and I no longer have it in my purchase history. So I can't tell you which vendor I got it from. But I would recommend you find the newest version available and make sure that it comes with the PC software because the software is otherwise very hard to find online.

Cheers,
A