Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Acura-Great Car, Worst dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Acura-Great Car, Worst dealerships

I don't go to the dealership close to my house since the service guys have attitude problems and the one far I called yesterday and was told a business manager will call me RIGHT BACK and it's the next business day now and I haven't heard back, not to mention the voice mail I left after waiting for hours for a call back and still nothing. I LOVE my TL and am extremely satisfied with it in every way, shape and form but I think the dealerships are far from providing the service they should to a luxury car owner. I feel like I walked in or called a Honda dealership.

Again, this is in Canada, is it the same in US?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have had excellent response and service from First Acura in MA. The prices are high (what do you expect?) but customer service is taken seriously.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:35 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For that exact reason I switched from Audi to Acura. I used to drive A4 2T AWD. It was a great car, but it had a few technical glitches. Audi dealers were driving me nuts to the point where I had to file an official complain with Audi USA. As a result they fired of all their service associates. I have had my TL for only few months, and so far the service has been great.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ugh - I went with Acura (Honda) because I thought the proven quality of the cars would extend to their service departments. I figured 1) I'd need less service (meaning less breakdowns/problems, not regularly scheduled maintenance) and 2) if I did have to go to the dealer, the extra price premium I'd pay vs. going to a mom-n-pop shop would translate to better service.

I hope this proves true (I'm in Southern California). I bought my TL in San Diego but I don't plan on going there every time I need service. I'm hoping there's a reputable service dealer in L.A. proper that I can go to.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I've been to EXCELLENT dealerships and some very terrible ones. Acura needs to bring the others to the luxury standard.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
I bought my car at an absolutely horrible dealership in Arizona (Acura of Peoria). They lied, refused to return my calls (even ones left for management), sent my paperwork half a dozen times before doing it right, etc.

Fortunately my local dealership is amazing! I highly recommend Fountain Acura in Orlando. Unfortunately I can't speak for the sales department but the service dept is top notch.

I guess it's like most businesses, some are good and some aren't worth the sweat running down your taint.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
I've been to EXCELLENT dealerships and some very terrible ones. Acura needs to bring the others to the luxury standard.
Could not have said this better myself.

In my personal experience, there does not seem to be any grey area with Acura dealerships. They are either horrendous or amazing with no in between. The dealership I purchased my last three TLs from is awesome in every aspect - sales, service, parts, management, you name it. I had the misfortune of purchasing my first 4th gen at a local dealership (oddly enough, Acura of Peoria that ucf_bronco mentioned, uh huh - what does that tell you???) that did things I cannot even begin to tell about... It would literally take an hour to type out all the shit they pulled.

Anyhow, this being said, I'm sorry that you got a rotten apple, OP. I'm not of the opinion that one dealership is indicative of the entire Acura family of dealerships. Also, if I were you, I'd give the second dealership another chance. Yes, they didn't call you back, and that sucks, but mistakes are made. They haven't done anything ridiculous, so I'd follow up with them and let them know they forgot to call you back. You may be pleasantly surprised, who knows. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by MyBlackBeauty
I don't go to the dealership close to my house since the service guys have attitude problems and the one far I called yesterday and was told a business manager will call me RIGHT BACK and it's the next business day now and I haven't heard back, not to mention the voice mail I left after waiting for hours for a call back and still nothing. I LOVE my TL and am extremely satisfied with it in every way, shape and form but I think the dealerships are far from providing the service they should to a luxury car owner. I feel like I walked in or called a Honda dealership.

I work directly through my salesperson for everything. I call him and he sets up the appointment, arranges for a loaner, etc. It works great.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
Originally Posted by birdy*feet
I had the misfortune of purchasing my first 4th gen at a local dealership (oddly enough, Acura of Peoria that ucf_bronco mentioned, uh huh - what does that tell you???) that did things I cannot even begin to tell about... It would literally take an hour to type out all the shit they pulled.
Can't say I'm surprised to hear that!

I actually sent a two page letter to corporate about them...ripped them a new one. I made sure to include high praise for my local dealership since they turned around my perception of the Acura brand.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ucf_bronco
Can't say I'm surprised to hear that!

I actually sent a two page letter to corporate about them...ripped them a new one. I made sure to include high praise for my local dealership since they turned around my perception of the Acura brand.
No, they are a prime example of what the OP is talking about. I also wrote Acura corporate and threw a giant BF... Can't believe Acura of Peoria is still in business. Shame.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keys van nuys Acura = fail
Valencia Acura "friendship" = massively epic fail to the tenth power
Calabasas Acura = a little above fail

They all suck in SoCal. Been dealin with all three since 01.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:02 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
definitely a YMMV scenario. DCH Tustin Acura and South Coast Acura were fair when i had my RSX. I have yet to bring in my TL for service so I will update accordingly.

Last edited by mrdavid012; 07-24-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:12 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,454 Likes on 923 Posts
I agree, it definitely varies.

I've had nothing but great experiences at my local dealer here, Muller's Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates, IL.

Originally Posted by ucf_bronco
Fortunately my local dealership is amazing! I highly recommend Fountain Acura in Orlando. Unfortunately I can't speak for the sales department but the service dept is top notch.
When I lived in Daytona, I really loved going out to Courtesy Acura in Sanford. The Honda dealer was not that good in Daytona so I wouldn't mind taking the trip out to Sanford for much better service and experience.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
I haven't had any issues with our local dealer - Fox Acura in Grand Rapids, MI. I've bought 4 Acuras from them now (RSX, RL, TL, TSX), and my wife has purchased two Hondas from them (an Accord and a Pilot). We'll buy from them again. I've never had any issues with either dealership. They've both been awesome before, during, and after the sales process.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
I've always had excellent service at Ferman on Florida Ave in Tampa.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:07 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which ones are you talking about? Are you in GTA?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by belcom
Which ones are you talking about? Are you in GTA?
I am talking about Acura 2000 in Brampton, the worst one EVER.

The second one is Acura of North Toronto which I called again and they are not too bad after all. I gave them a second chance
Old 07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The second one is Acura of North Toronto which I called again and they are not too bad after all. I gave them a second chance
PM me, I'll give you some good info
Old 07-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Instructor

Ah, see! Glad it ended up working out!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
How about markham Acura! I wouldn't take free service from them!! Just horrible, never will I recommend anyone go there!
Messed up my accessory body kit, sold me a "cpo" that didn't even have any thing done to it, no updates done, no oil change, no fluids, bulbs burnt out......... Ect ect ect!!
STAY AWAY!!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
It is so sad to see Acura owners being treated so poorly by their dealership. I am so fortunate to have such a great dealership experience and the dealer is mostly what keeps me loyal to the brand.....These guys in Halifax are just amazing! They are the best example of what a dealership should be...If Acura wanted to have a business model to take cue from, these guys are the one to match!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:22 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
i haven't had a horrific experience at my dealer in either service or sales. i've always been treated well despite my OCD/anal tendencies i have when the car is there for service. they seem to respect it since they see you care for your car (in my case, A LOT). the other local dealer on my side of the river (despite being closer to me)...turned me off as soon as i tried to inquire about a quote for a car (which they never gave me). i guess there is a reason my dealer is the world's largest acura dealership by sales volume since 2004. they must be doing something right.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
...despite my OCD/anal tendencies i have ...
*lol* Think we could go half and half on therapy treatment?

I am beyond anal.....but at least I recognize it and can poke fun at myself and my quirkiness.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:35 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
^^might need to...i keep getting odd looks from people who don't know me very well when it comes to conversations about me and my cars.

i know i'm not "normal"
Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Which Dealer? Acura 2000 gives me great service in Brampton, Ontario
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Funny I get great service there (Acura 2000). Mind you I have bought 6 cars there my Mother-in-law 1 and a freind 1. So they treat me right, It is however not cheap. But it get's done right.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by birdy*feet
No, they are a prime example of what the OP is talking about. I also wrote Acura corporate and threw a giant BF... Can't believe Acura of Peoria is still in business. Shame.
I guess I can cross them off my shopping list when it comes time purchase the TL I'm planning on.

birdy, didn't you get your car at Tempe? How was your experience there? I did a test drive over the weekend and they seemed pretty good although it was just test drive and no actual serious purchasing discussion. They are only a few miles from the house so that is a big plus for me.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have nothing but great things to say about my dealer in Colorado.

I purchased my 2010 TL from Courtesy in Littleton.

The sales was great, service is top notch - they always seem to "trip" over themselves when I or someone else brings there car in for service.

One experience, the leather was "peeling" back on the drivers door panel so I took it in expecting them fix it - they replaced the entire panel.

Highly recommend these guys.
The following users liked this post:
AnyaBoo (11-23-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BLEXV6
Funny I get great service there (Acura 2000). Mind you I have bought 6 cars there my Mother-in-law 1 and a freind 1. So they treat me right, It is however not cheap. But it get's done right.
You're the only one then lol
Old 07-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
I've only had experience with 2 Acura dealers. The first one, Paragon Acura in NYC, has to be the worst dealer experience I've ever encountered in my entire life. I caught them in so many lies. I wrote and suggested that Acura seriously look into their buisness practices. I found them to be very deceptive and they wouldn't do what they told me they would do. I could write an essay on the horrific treatment I received from that dealer.

On the other hand, my local dealer, Leith Acura in Cary, NC, has provided me with the best dealer experience I've ever had. They are very professional and courteous. They go out of their way to ensure my satisfaction. I'm not difficult to please. The main thing I am looking for is for them to just be honest with me and Leith Acura has always been so with me. They are friendly and I would recommend them highly. It all boils down to leadership and it's quite apparent to me that Leith Acura has good management.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by KPSBUDS420

Back in 2000 we bought our TL from Keyes and used them for servicing until the 4-year warranty period was up. They were okay but, as is the case with ALL car dealers I have worked with, once the car was out of warranty the standard servicing fees were pretty high.

We are getting due for the first service for our 2012 TL (the idiot service reminder light is driving us crazy) and we will be trying Center Acura (Keyes sold the dealership to them) since they are the most convenient.

For those in SoCal and specifically the Valley, a great independent is Steve's (now called Automotive Instincts). They have a location in Northridge and another in Tarzana and those guys are exceptionally competent and also reasonably priced.
The following users liked this post:
FirstTL12 (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Instructor

Thanks SeismicGuy for your impressions and your recommendation for Automotive Instincts. I'm wondering if maybe all of us SoCal guys shouldn't start some sort of LA-Area dealer thread to see which are ripoffs and which are solid...
Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
ALWAYS excellent service for me at Smithtown Acura. Prices are outrageous but no more than any other stealership.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by FirstTL12
Thanks SeismicGuy for your impressions and your recommendation for Automotive Instincts. I'm wondering if maybe all of us SoCal guys shouldn't start some sort of LA-Area dealer thread to see which are ripoffs and which are solid...
You're welcome--I saw your post and was wondering where you were located. The way we got steered to Steve's (AI) was back in 1995 or thereabouts when we bought a 1987 Honda Accord coupe as a first car for my son. At the time my wife worked with someone whose husband was a Honda mechanic who had worked for several dealerships. He personally was great and he did a few fixes for us "on the side" when he was with one of the dealerships. When I asked him about good independents he immediately recommended Steve's (I believe they had either worked together or he might have worked for them for a while). So I used Steve's/AI consistently for my son's Honda and then for our 2000 TL once the warranty was up. I had also recommended Steve's/AI to my business partner who had a 1989 Accord and he was pleased with their service for umpteen years (car eventually got totaled in an accident with about 200,000 miles on the clock).

I know that Steve appreciates the referrals so go ahead and mention me if you go there.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Instructor

Will do. And as far as where I'm located, funny you should ask with your handle here "seismic". I'm just a few miles away from the 3.7 earthquake that was epicentered in Marina Del Rey last night. Felt like a truck hit the building. My first thought was "man I hope the TL's okay!"
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 15 Posts
Everyone has different experiences. I've been to First Acura in MA and they worked on the front brakes, instead of on the rear brakes as I had asked several times. The problem was obviously still there when I went to pick up the car. They are just like a Honda dealer - no interest. A fancy waiting room does not make a good dealer.

My only other alternative is Acura of Warwick in R.I. The less said about them the better (the people who overinflated one of my tires when I purchases it, so that I wouldn't notice it had a huge bolt in it).
Old 07-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Pro

Will do. And as far as where I'm located, funny you should ask with your handle here "seismic". I'm just a few miles away from the 3.7 earthquake that was epicentered in Marina Del Rey last night. Felt like a truck hit the building. My first thought was "man I hope the TL's okay!"
Yeah I do earthquake risk work. I did hear some mild window rattles last night but it seemed too weak to be an earthquake. Of course you are much closer which is why it felt like a truck.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great idea! I'd like to find a reputable place in Orange County.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
MBB, sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KPSBUDS420

what is the reputation of thomas acura and weir canyon? I get mine from weir canyon and the people over there are cool

Quick Reply: Acura-Great Car, Worst dealerships