4G SH-AWD Sees Snow First Day Owned!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 4G SH-AWD Sees Snow First Day Owned!

So last night I picked up my 2009 TL SH-AWD w/Tech in Grigio with Umber interior. The colors are striking. The car had to be swapped in and when it was parked out front to do the paperwork, people were gawking at it. Before I go any further, let me give a plug to Dan Adams at Acura of Milford, Milford Connecticut. Awesome buying experience, period.

OK, so as I signed all the forms to take ownership of this car, it began to snow. As I drove off, the snow had stopped, only a light dusting. I met some friends for a few hours and when we all walked outside to check out my new ride we found it had not only snowed again but Mother Nature also left an icy crust everywhere. It was fun "skating" accross the parking lot.

They all loved the car, thought the Grigio/Umber looked very "rich' and oogled over the technology.

When I left the lot, that adolescent urge came over me, I just had to do it. A little gas, turn the wheel left, a little gas, turn the wheel right, let off the gas, spin the wheel left, give it gas and hold on tight. It took a lot to make this car go loose. The SH-AWD is awesome for winter snow! Even though its engineered more for handling performance and not weather, I have to say that the SH-AWD HANDS DOWN beats several of the competition's systems. AWD vehicles I have personally owned include a 1992 Subaru SVX (remember those funky cars with the half-windows?), a 2004 Infinity G35x and a 2005 BMW X5. The best car in the snow I have ever owned has always been the Subaru SVX. The TL SH-AWD may trump that car now for handling snow. Most of the other ones I've owned were tricky in the snow, they were mostly rear-wheel-biased and would fishtail quite easily. The SH-AWD is composed. This system should become the benchmark for AWD. Great in the snow and awesome on dry pavement.

I am one pleased Acura convert. Now I just need some sunshine so I can take some pictures of her.

Chrisp0410
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats! You should see how much better it sticks in the snow with some dedicated snow tires.....it's like a billy goat!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Pro

Chris,

Great story -- thanks for sharing -- and...

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very cool. Congrats and welcome! Make sure you post in the 4G owners thread, post pics , and most important, do your signature with all you info, so peeps won't be asking questions about what tires you got, color, accessories, etc...
Old 02-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by chrisp0410
So last night I picked up my 2009 TL SH-AWD w/Tech in Grigio with Umber interior. The colors are striking. The car had to be swapped in and when it was parked out front to do the paperwork, people were gawking at it. Before I go any further, let me give a plug to Dan Adams at Acura of Milford, Milford Connecticut. Awesome buying experience, period.

OK, so as I signed all the forms to take ownership of this car, it began to snow. As I drove off, the snow had stopped, only a light dusting. I met some friends for a few hours and when we all walked outside to check out my new ride we found it had not only snowed again but Mother Nature also left an icy crust everywhere. It was fun "skating" accross the parking lot.

They all loved the car, thought the Grigio/Umber looked very "rich' and oogled over the technology.

When I left the lot, that adolescent urge came over me, I just had to do it. A little gas, turn the wheel left, a little gas, turn the wheel right, let off the gas, spin the wheel left, give it gas and hold on tight. It took a lot to make this car go loose. The SH-AWD is awesome for winter snow! Even though its engineered more for handling performance and not weather, I have to say that the SH-AWD HANDS DOWN beats several of the competition's systems. AWD vehicles I have personally owned include a 1992 Subaru SVX (remember those funky cars with the half-windows?), a 2004 Infinity G35x and a 2005 BMW X5. The best car in the snow I have ever owned has always been the Subaru SVX. The TL SH-AWD may trump that car now for handling snow. Most of the other ones I've owned were tricky in the snow, they were mostly rear-wheel-biased and would fishtail quite easily. The SH-AWD is composed. This system should become the benchmark for AWD. Great in the snow and awesome on dry pavement.

I am one pleased Acura convert. Now I just need some sunshine so I can take some pictures of her.

Chrisp0410
Congratulation
TL is awesome in any color
Old 02-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! You have the same color combo as me
Old 02-21-2009, 09:21 AM
6th Gear

I had my first snow/ice experience with my 3 week old TL-SH-AWD. Heading out of Boston to go skiing in NH. Was raining in Boston when we left, but I knew from the radar that I was pulling down on the nav system (!) that the mountain was getting snow. As we hit the NH border, the rain turned to snow and the interstate quickly iced up and was all white. During the course of the next 45 miles, we saw no less than 4 cars that had spun out off the road and one significant accident. My TL handled like a dream. No issues whatsoever. And I had been debating whether to get the AWD version. Thanks to my wife who convinced me to go with the AWD version.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Now you guys know why we in the RL forum call SH-AWD the shiznit =D
Old 02-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Yea, It's Me!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had my first snow experience a couple of weeks ago. This is enough for me!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Agree with PetesTL. . . .SH-AWD + 19" wheels + Bridgestone Blizzaks = pray for purple (as in the color of snow on the TL radar map!!)
Old 02-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Super Car Enthusiast

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts
Welcome! Niiiice choice on the interior color. I get nothing but compliments on it when people step into it
Old 02-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Intermediate

I love the color combination. Everyone who has seen it has been blown away. Not everyone likes the Umber but all agree that it is classy and sophisticated.

I just posted pictures of it on the Got Grigio thread ==> https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/got-gm-grigio-metallic-703699/
Old 02-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Super Car Enthusiast

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by PGSberg
I had my first snow experience a couple of weeks ago. This is enough for me!