2011 TL with Advance Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
asked Ito-san how Honda's sharpened focus on environmental technology fit in with the vision for Acura as a brand and the luxury market in general. The answer was that Acura would be re-focused on delivering the performance levels sought by premium/luxury car buyers, and these performance levels would be coupled with strong environmental performance. In a later conversation, Ito-san admitted that there's a "certain level of confusion" in the existing Acura lineup, and they would work to fix that.
Source: TOV, segment from CEO Takanobu Ito Q & A.

How this relates to the thread?, who knows but it could mean we should expect some "advance" treatment in the TL. Time will tell when and what that means but it's probably why we see the rumors and the speculation circulating at this time.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
I wouldn't be surprised to see them add another package at some point to help fill the gap left by the current RL, no matter what direction it goes in but it's likely just speculation at this point and they will probably also wish to incorporate the adaptive lighting and cruise and CMBS or offer them in another package as well. Again, the 20's are too big by the usual Acura standards and being that they are trying to cut back on trims and colors as it is the only thing that would be worth it for them to produce would be the 6AT and a refresh and maybe we see that as early as next model year but that is probably all.
There is already a cut out in the gauge cluster for CMBS so I can definetly see that happening.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by petestl
why is it so hard to believe nowdays what a manufacturer can or cannot do? Who would've thought just 2-3 years ago that a conservative automaker like honda/acura would bring out such a radically-designed car like the 4g tl?......or just a year ago when the v6 tsx was introduced?........or the indefinate delay of the next-gen nsx and rl when everybody was so sure they would come out? We're not talking about some ambiguous, revolutionary technology that honda/acura has yet to produce. The tech and materials are already there. It's just a matter of acura applying them to various platforms at the appropriate time. With the fierce competition that already exists in todays market, i'm sure there is a lot of pressure on acura to bring out these features sooner rather than later.
+1
Old 10-24-2009, 11:20 AM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Competition is getting tougher and every manufacturer needs to step it up. They are know that they have to fight hard to get a sale these days. You will see more advances and new models start to come a little quicker to market these days because they just can't afford to sit on their laurals with the economy the way it is now.

As for the rumor, it's only a rumor and hasn't been substantiated yet. It only makes sense for them to move to a 6AT or maybe straight to a 7AT, who knows. The 4th gen is new and you will see a it evolve over the coming model years and those options will eventually trickle down but not all at once or you would see the MSRP go from $44k to $48K or higher and that is not a good thing to do all at once.
The RL has to stay, it's their version of the luxury car and if they get rid of it then they lost a lot of buyers who see Acura as a luxury brand. They need to really restyle it to meet the new Infiniti M series and GS.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am for ventilated seats on all packages.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is the current trim MSRP from Acura.com
  • TL --$35,105
  • TL SH-AWD --$38,655
  • TL with Technology Package --$38,835
  • TL with Technology Package and 18-inch wheels --$39,835
  • TL SH-AWD with Technology Package --$42,385
  • TL SH-AWD 6-Speed Manual with Technology Package --$42,385
  • TL SH-AWD with Technology Package and High Performance Tires --$43,385
  • TL SH-AWD 6-Speed Manual with Technology Package and High Performance Tires --$43,385
My god, if they add the Advanced Pkg with or without the 20 inchers, the TL might reach around MSRP $50,000!? They are going to have to price the RL, ZDX, MDX higher to make the gap wider...or offer the advanced pkg on those cars as well for sure.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Instructor

My god, if they add the Advanced Pkg with or without the 20 inchers, the TL might reach around MSRP $50,000!? They are going to have to price the RL, ZDX, MDX higher to make the gap wider...or offer the advanced pkg on those cars as well for sure.

In Acura's defense you have to look at the TSX, maybe they are trying to bridge the gap with the TL, bring it right up to the base price of the ZDX or RL. And trying to move the brand upscale whihc they have been trying to do forever.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dtc5
I agree. And I'm sure they will, in order to slowly continue to move the brand upmarket . After all, that was their stated goal last year, so it should be expected. In time, I think they need to get rid of the TSX. It's a rebadged euro model (like the RL) and must go if they want their brand to be taken seriously. Maybe that will happen after the current gen TSX runs it's course. I believe they should come out with an Acura only model for both the TSX and RL slots and distance the Acura brand more from Honda in the powertrain category. When they do that, Acura will stop being considered Honda Plus.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Advanced

Up until this year Acura, except NSX, meant potbellied lazy yuppie couch-sports-fan drive-through fitting cars, until the TL 6MT SHAWD changed everything.

Finally, Honda/Acura detached themselves from the MB and Asian luxo RWD stereotype and got ready to rip a chunk off BMW and Audi's plate. Finally, enthusiast AWD sedans with impeccable quality.

More 6MT cars is what we need here, put the 6MT in the SUVs too like Porsche an BMW did.

I petition for the first sports minivan, a 6MT Acura Odyssey SHAWD with an NSX engine. Fun for the entire family, unforgettable track day for the Porsche Cayenne owner beaten by a minivan

Last edited by Kandiru; 10-27-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kandiru
Up until this year Acura, except NSX, meant potbellied lazy yuppie couch-sports-fan drive-through fitting cars, until the TL 6MT SHAWD changed everything.

Finally, Honda/Acura detached themselves from the MB and Asian luxo RWD stereotype and got ready to rip a chunk off BMW and Audi's plate. Finally, enthusiast AWD sedans with impeccable quality.

More 6MT cars is what we need here, put the 6MT in the SUVs too like Porsche an BMW did.

I petition for the first sports minivan, a 6MT Acura Odyssey SHAWD with an NSX engine. Fun for the entire family, unforgettable track day for the Porsche Cayenne owner beaten by a minivan
/winthread!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by dtc5
Here is the current trim MSRP from Acura.com
  • TL --$35,105
  • TL SH-AWD --$38,655
  • TL with Technology Package --$38,835
  • TL with Technology Package and 18-inch wheels --$39,835
  • TL SH-AWD with Technology Package --$42,385
  • TL SH-AWD 6-Speed Manual with Technology Package --$42,385
  • TL SH-AWD with Technology Package and High Performance Tires --$43,385
  • TL SH-AWD 6-Speed Manual with Technology Package and High Performance Tires --$43,385
I don't have a problem with a 50 000 $ TL IF the whole package is as good value as it is now. So we mean: advance package, superior engine & AT, better lights, getting rid of some or all the plastic, replace the pedals with aluminium ones, etc....

The operative words are: IF the whole package is as good value as it is now. Pushing prices up to match germans without offering something in return is a recipe for disaster.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Racer

I would love for the OP to visit this thread when the 2011 TL's come out and see how ridiculous this thread sounds. I moderate quite a few automotive forums for a long time and when ever threads like these pop up it always is amusing to revisit and have a chuckle at.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Now THAT was funny
Old 10-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaiwala
I would love for the OP to visit this thread when the 2011 TL's come out and see how ridiculous this thread sounds. I moderate quite a few automotive forums for a long time and when ever threads like these pop up it always is amusing to revisit and have a chuckle at.
What's so "ridiculous" about it? The Advance package is already available in the ZDX as well as the 6AT. It's not like we're talking about some exotic technology that hasn't existed before.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by PetesTL
What's so "ridiculous" about it?
Nothing is ridiculous about it at all, except the source and timing. A sales manager probably doesn't know this kind of information 1 year in advance (no pun intended). I wonder if these items wouldn't be a good "Type-S" upgrade vs. Advance package? That said, I honestly think these kinds of things will find their way into the TL, I just think it'll be at MMC is all.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:51 AM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
any of your local acura dealerships selling RJ parts? i.e. rims, or grille? i know acura of lynnwood sells ronjon..
Old 10-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colin
Nothing is ridiculous about it at all, except the source and timing. A sales manager probably doesn't know this kind of information 1 year in advance (no pun intended). I wonder if these items wouldn't be a good "Type-S" upgrade vs. Advance package? That said, I honestly think these kinds of things will find their way into the TL, I just think it'll be at MMC is all.

People said the same thing about a V6 showing in the TSX 1 year ago....and it happened quicker than most people imagined. You can't expect things to happen in a neat little pattern anymore. The competition is getting more and more intense every year......the next gen Infiniti G and BMW 3 series are right around the corner. I don't expect Acura to do nothing until the MMC, esp. since the technology and materials are already there.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Instructor

People said the same thing about a V6 showing in the TSX 1 year ago....and it happened quicker than most people imagined. You can't expect things to happen in a neat little pattern anymore. The competition is getting more and more intense every year......the next gen Infiniti G and BMW 3 series are right around the corner. I don't expect Acura to do nothing until the MMC, esp. since the technology and materials are already there.
^ well the tsx-v6 came about because Acura got everyone happy with the diesel TSX and that never came stateside. So to make up for that hole they gave the tsx the v6. I'm sure it wasn't always in their plans.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Racer

What's so "ridiculous" about it? The Advance package is already available in the ZDX as well as the 6AT. It's not like we're talking about some exotic technology that hasn't existed before.
Visit this thread when the 2011 TL's come out and you just may answer this question yourself. My experience on other forums that parrallel this thread usually turn out to be more false speculation than true.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Visit this thread when the 2011 TL's come out and you just may answer this question yourself. My experience on other forums that parrallel this thread usually turn out to be more false speculation than true.
By the time the 2011's appear, I will be driving another car, so I won't give a shit.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Racer

I hereby petition for Acura to initiate a mandatory program where dealers would provide a level of customer service/satisfaction designed to exceed that which is provided by Lexus AT A LOWER PRICE POINT. Now THAT, along with an exciting, reliable vehicle line up, would line customers up.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Racer

By the time the 2011's appear, I will be driving another car, so I won't give a shit.
Nice, I wish I could afford to switch cars every 2 years
Old 10-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Suzuka Master

People said the same thing about a V6 showing in the TSX 1 year ago....and it happened quicker than most people imagined.
"People" is different than your statement of "...sales manager said...2011" as a fact. Regardless, I was saying there would be 3 powertrains in the the TSX back in 2008. My source actually works at AHM. Of course, if I say anything like that it's filed under 'rumor' because I cannot name my source, but I can live with that. (sadly the Diesel fizzled out, as it was the be the third engine)
Old 10-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bagbklyn
^ well the tsx-v6 came about because Acura got everyone happy with the diesel TSX and that never came stateside. So to make up for that hole they gave the tsx the v6. I'm sure it wasn't always in their plans.
It was in the plans from the start.

BUT

I never saw the TSX WAGON coming. I may owe a round of apologies to a few people. Does anyone know a good recipe for crow?

Last edited by Colin; 10-28-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nice, I wish I could afford to switch cars every 2 years
You can.....it's called leasing. Perhaps you heard of it.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by (Cj)
@bagbklyn
I believe it was confirmed here by an Acura source that the RL is not being killed, and that it will be redesigned soon. The only thing we're not sure of is the date.
funny...
Old 10-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
Colin I agree with you about the "wrong timing" for a TL 2011 with the ad. package of the ZDX. It seems at the moment not a reliable source.
But what then about the 2011 TSX wagon?
I mean, when Audi or BMW get a wagon they launch them 3-6 months after the sedans models.
in 2011 the TSX will be on the 3d year cycle for the sedan and the 1st for the wagon... when in 2012 the sedan will get the MCycle restyling, what they will do with the wagon?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Instructor

I thought it was lease when you said that comment, but that means that you will be jumping ship in 2011? I guess its more like you don't know what the competitors will have, just like we don't know for sure what acura will have. Only time will tell, and when my lease is up in 2012 I guess I will see the competition and see if they have caught up or if they have released anything to compare to the "TL Advance package"
Old 10-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Eli
Instructor

To many people, leasing or taking a loan implies you can't afford it.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
guess you do not put on many miles since you lease-I average 30,000+miles a year.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eli
To many people, leasing or taking a loan implies you can't afford it.
Not true, leasing is the best way to do a business write off.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Eli
Instructor

If you can do that, then sure.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Advanced

Amen brother! Long live the USA, i bought my last second hand car in residency, been through 8 leases since then.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:32 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

if the 2011 is ture im not getting the 2010...they should make a 2011 type-s
Old 11-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Go Big Blue!

Correct. Has nothing to do with affording it or not. I lease all my cars because they are used, and paid for, by my business. You get to writeoff the entire monthly payment that way instead of a small unrealistic depreciation factor.

Also, paying cash for a car is a great way to lockup a lot of capital for several years. Kind of stupid. it's like paying cash for a house. If I had the cash to buy my house right now, I still wouldn't do it. Much better uses for that money. I gladly pay the 5.75% mortgage interest. With cars, the terms are even BETTER. Why pay cash
Old 11-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
I'd love to lease, but my problem is that I drive about 25,000 miles/year.

It's still deductible, but not very lease friendly.

As to the 2011 TL discussion, I think that I would be surprised seeing the Advance package or a facelift model in 2011. 2012, I think.

Six speed auto? Sure, that's a no brainer. Same physical dimensions, just requires a little reprogramming.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Cruisin'

i agree with the 3 year update speculation, perfect reason to lease.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:05 PM
2010 SH-AWD w/ Tech

Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
You get to writeoff the entire monthly payment that way instead of a small unrealistic depreciation factor.
Is that what your accountant says? Even when you use it for personal/non-business related purposes?

Pretty aggressive...

Greg
Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
Out of curiosity- if the 6AT was to make it to the 2011 TL, wouldn't we see test mules of it now or hear anything about it? The 2011's would make their way into dealers in about a year so wouldn't they need to start doing the testing immediately for this to happen?
Who says they're not testing it now? How would you tell a TL with a 6AT rolling around Ohio from a 5AT TL? It would take an awfully good ear!

Not all test mules involve camo...
Old 12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by greg99
Is that what your accountant says? Even when you use it for personal/non-business related purposes?

Pretty aggressive...

Greg
That's what I was thinking. My accountant advised that I was better off buying and writing the mileage off. Much less risk of an audit.

Quick Reply: 2011 TL with Advance Package