Constant Squeaking/Rattling Noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Constant Squeaking/Rattling Noise

Hey guys, it has been a while since I repost in this forum. I took multiple long trips last month. Anyway, my car is close to 3600 miles and recently I just noticed that is developing this strange noise coming from the front passenger area. I posted this on MDXer. org. Here is the content and just wondering have any of you have a similar problem.

"I don't have any clunking noise, but my car just recently has this squeaking/rattling noise coming from the front passenger area. Not sure what is it, but it is a constant rattling sound when driving. It is more clear at 20mph and below. I troubleshoot a little by removing all of my stuff from the car, radio off and the sound was still there. No rattling while breaking, only while driving and the sound is not coming from the speaker. It sounds like some loose body molding or a bad strut. It is driving me insane, and my car is only 3500 miles. I already scheduled an appointment at my dealer; let see what they have to say lol"
The following users liked this post:
SamYoung (08-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 11:41 AM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Very common for first year redesigned vehicles - Got those issues on my RDX + more. I wish I have waited for the refreshed version.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RCJD
Very common for first year redesigned vehicles - Got those issues on my RDX + more. I wish I have waited for the refreshed version.
Did you get it fix? Or just live with it?
Old 05-20-2021, 07:29 AM
Pro

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by RCJD
Sorry to hear that. I have a 2019 ASpec and the only issues I have had are related to the infotainment system. Other than that I have had zero other issues and I drive it hard. Guess I will consider myself fortunate in that regard. However that said, my lease is up in a coupe of months and while I love my RDX the 3 years of Infotainment issues are driving me crazy enough that I will not be purchasing another Acura product when my lease is up in 3 months.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:13 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I tried one time telling the dealership the issues - they said they cannot replicate the noise. I got the shocks squeaking at certain bumps and the loud closing of the rear trunk. Infotaiment was a also a headache - on & off issues. In short I just live with it. But this A-Spec RDX is probably one of the best handling vehicles I have driven but I think it lacks HP and the cabin noise is too much-they went cheap on insulation. My 2020 A-spec MDX is just solid but drives big & heavy.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
Your car is under warranty. Make an apt, bring it the dealer, get a loaner car, and let them fix it
Old 05-25-2021, 05:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Can you pinpoint more where the noise is coming from? Around the dash? Lower footwell area? By the headliner?

One of the biggest rattle points I found with my 2020 RDX was the panoramic sunroof. While driving on roads with a lot of imperfections (ie: fixed potholes), the windguard was chattering. Once I removed it, a lot of the rattling went away.

But, I still had clicks, ticks, pops and squeaks coming from the panoramic sunroof area. I recently discovered that lubricating the seals around the panoramic sunroof along with the brackets under the seals remedied the issue. It's only been three days since I did it, but it has proven promising thus far. This particular noise would be most prevalent at lower speeds like you stated. I didn't hear it while cruising at highway speeds. It's worth a shot hitting the area with some silicone grease and/or silicone oil, or any lubricant of your choice that's safe to use around rubber and plastics.

I've had to deal with A-pillar rattles as well as a tray under the passenger footwell, but those never squeaked and I'd get them more at higher speeds.

I've been dealing with a number of rattles from all over the cabin since ~3k miles and basically playing whack-a-mole. I fix one and another one pops up somewhere else. I'm not too happy my first Acura product.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spoiler900
Your car is under warranty. Make an apt, bring it the dealer, get a loaner car, and let them fix it
I did, just got the car back from the dealer. At first, they did not want to do it and wanted to charge me money because I installed a dash cam and LEDs. I just ran the wires along the top trim, a pillar and down to the lower carpet. Then they told me that I opened the door panel to run those wires; I clearly only ran the wires along the trim panels. I bought the car brand new and had never open up any panels. They kept on insisting me or someone opened the door panel. So anyway, they still not 100% sure what is causing the noise. They had to reschedule.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by leomio2.0
Can you pinpoint more where the noise is coming from? Around the dash? Lower footwell area? By the headliner?

One of the biggest rattle points I found with my 2020 RDX was the panoramic sunroof. While driving on roads with a lot of imperfections (ie: fixed potholes), the windguard was chattering. Once I removed it, a lot of the rattling went away.

But, I still had clicks, ticks, pops and squeaks coming from the panoramic sunroof area. I recently discovered that lubricating the seals around the panoramic sunroof along with the brackets under the seals remedied the issue. It's only been three days since I did it, but it has proven promising thus far. This particular noise would be most prevalent at lower speeds like you stated. I didn't hear it while cruising at highway speeds. It's worth a shot hitting the area with some silicone grease and/or silicone oil, or any lubricant of your choice that's safe to use around rubber and plastics.

I've had to deal with A-pillar rattles as well as a tray under the passenger footwell, but those never squeaked and I'd get them more at higher speeds.

I've been dealing with a number of rattles from all over the cabin since ~3k miles and basically playing whack-a-mole. I fix one and another one pops up somewhere else. I'm not too happy my first Acura product.
To be honest, I can't pinpoint the exact location where the noise is coming from. It is sound like it is coming from the passenger dashboard and lower foot well area. Sometime it is sound like a bad strut. After they secured a my B pillar, because both front sided were lose; and now sometime I hear like a metallic noise coming from the door panel. Have you taken it in for them to look at? For real, I feel like Acura is going down in the quality department with this 4gen.