4th Gen 2022 MDX - Will They Give Us What We Want?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 05:22 PM
Drifting

Received 1,255 Likes on 912 Posts
Originally Posted by isaiah.harf
We like the captains chairs because we thought it would give us greater accessibility to the third row as opposed to the bench as our third row is almost permanently up. Served a great purpose less having to buy a Yukon or Tahoe. This thread has taught me a lot about who really buys the MDX with captains chairs / advance pack and apparently it’s not us 30-40 somethings who are lugging young kids around all day with car seats. We love the car, we just want an honest pass-thru. But if I’m the only one barking for it, I guess I’m in rare company and they shouldn’t make it. I didn’t think this was the case, given Volvo started offering a true passed through with bucket seats in the second row and so does the Highlander/RX350L. Not to mention many of our contemporaries drive the car; albeit with the bench.

What’s funny is... none of those cars just mentioned have real trunk room once the third row is up where is the MDX actually does and excels!

Make a true pass-thru, Acura - or at least have the ability to get rid of the console in the second row as an option!
I had a 2018 MDX and couldn't put my golf gear in the trunk with the third row up. It's too tiny for anything other than grocery bags.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
I had a 2018 MDX and couldn't put my golf gear in the trunk with the third row up. It's too tiny for anything other than grocery bags.
Thats pretty much every mid size SUV on the market.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nexx
Thats pretty much every mid size SUV on the market.
Yeah, I was really just commenting on this portion of the statement which I disagreed with:

Originally Posted by isaiah.harf
What’s funny is... none of those cars just mentioned have real trunk room once the third row is up where is the MDX actually does and excels!
Old 12-08-2020, 08:16 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
I don't get some of the logic...

They are putting high end "stuff" on the Type S...and Type S is NOT an all out luxury version....it's supposed to be a more HP version, with
better brakes, HP engine, etc. But, yet they put the fancy stitched seats on the S...not on the Adv!! Best 3D ELS system on the S..NOT on
the Adv. If you look at the TLX....the Type S drops many goodies that are on the Adv!! Ticks me off. Unless they changed the Spec sheet
that first came out some time ago. We'll know soon I guess.

OH....and the 9 way massage seats too!!! It says..."Available on the Type S." Hmmm...wonder IF they are "available" on the Adv??
So many questions....and no answers at the moment. To me, when they Reveal....all info should be ready to go for us buyers.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 12-08-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
They are putting high end "stuff" on the Type S...and Type S is NOT an all out luxury version....it's supposed to be a more HP version, with
better brakes, HP engine, etc. But, yet they put the fancy stitched seats on the S...not on the Adv!! Best 3D ELS system on the S..NOT on
the Adv. If you look at the TLX....the Type S drops many goodies that are on the Adv!! Ticks me off. Unless they changed the Spec sheet

OH....and the 9 way massage seats too!!! It says..."Available on the Type S." Hmmm...wonder IF they are "available" on the Adv??
So many questions....and no answers at the moment. To me, when they Reveal....all info should be ready to go for us buyers.
I suspect the “Spec sheet” that was leaked wasn’t accurate/complete.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:26 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
I suspect the “Spec sheet” that was leaked wasn’t accurate/complete.
The Spec Sheet..wasn't LEAKED. LOL.....It was a "formal release" by Acura. Littler errors sometimes, but, normally right on.
I've owned many Acuras. Gone through all this many times.
The following users liked this post:
Acura TL Builder (12-19-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 08:04 AM
Drifting

If those quilted leather seats come from the Type S version, I'm not of fan of the current look. It's like they took the A-Spec seats, ripped out the micro-suede portion and replaced it with quilt. I rather the whole seat be quilted rather than just the center. I think it detracts from the "luxury" look it's going for.

If you want a good example of luxury quilted seats, look at the Genesis offerings.
Acura TL Builder (12-19-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Pro

The Spec Sheet..wasn't LEAKED. LOL.....It was a "formal release" by Acura. Littler errors sometimes, but, normally right on.
I've owned many Acuras. Gone through all this many times.
Got it! Then maybe they changed their packaging strategy with this SUV? We will know soon enough
Old 12-09-2020, 01:11 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

If those quilted leather seats come from the Type S version, I'm not of fan of the current look. It's like they took the A-Spec seats, ripped out the micro-suede portion and replaced it with quilt. I rather the whole seat be quilted rather than just the center. I think it detracts from the "luxury" look it's going for.

If you want a good example of luxury quilted seats, look at the Genesis offerings.
Starting to look like the quilted leather seats are for the Type S, and that really ticks me off. Just not making sense.

Also, what's up with the dampers on the Adv?? Amplitude dampers??? WHAT? I have adaptive on my '19 Adv. Someone said Adap. only on Type S.
BUT, something's not adding up here. Acura says the Type S will have a "performance AIR suspension." So...I smell a rat.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:46 PM
Pro

Starting to look like the quilted leather seats are for the Type S, and that really ticks me off. Just not making sense.

Also, what's up with the dampers on the Adv?? Amplitude dampers??? WHAT? I have adaptive on my '19 Adv. Someone said Adap. only on Type S.
BUT, something's not adding up here. Acura says the Type S will have a "performance AIR suspension." So...I smell a rat.
It states they Type S has “performance air suspension”
Old 12-09-2020, 03:26 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
It states they Type S has “performance air suspension”
Uhhh...yeah, that's what I wrote. Did you see that in my post?
Old 12-09-2020, 03:47 PM
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
The new MDX is certainly impressive, but unfortunately with Acura essentially leaving electrification behind I almost certainly will be leaving the brand after 13 years with Honda and Acura. I'm 33 so that goes to show you that they're basically the only automaker I've ever been with. I returned my 2019 RDX in October as I am barely driving working from home due to COVID and will be looking at a new car in late spring / summer when the office is probably closer to being open again. I really wanted that next car to be an EV or at a minimum PHEV. Hell with my brand loyalty even another Sport Hybrid MDX could have gotten me to stick around.
Old 12-09-2020, 04:01 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mcrompton
The new MDX is certainly impressive, but unfortunately with Acura essentially leaving electrification behind I almost certainly will be leaving the brand after 13 years with Honda and Acura. I'm 33 so that goes to show you that they're basically the only automaker I've ever been with. I returned my 2019 RDX in October as I am barely driving working from home due to COVID and will be looking at a new car in late spring / summer when the office is probably closer to being open again. I really wanted that next car to be an EV or at a minimum PHEV. Hell with my brand loyalty even another Sport Hybrid MDX could have gotten me to stick around.
Have you considered the re-introduced Venza? You can seriously load it up with the money you would have spent at Acura.
Old 12-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
Have you considered the re-introduced Venza? You can seriously load it up with the money you would have spent at Acura.
I've liked what I've seen from it a lot but right now I am leaning most heavily to the Volvo XC 40 Recharge. I probably will test drive the Mustang Mach-E as well.
ELIN (12-09-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 04:19 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile Notes on research, comments, and questions, so far

So, as we all dive in to what we can find and seem to ascertain on just what this new MDX will be built like on which platforms...we'll all have "fun."

1. Suspension: The previous MDX Adv. had "Active Dampers"...Acura's language for "Adaptive Dampers." When put in Comfort Mode it
gave a better ride. And it does on my '19 Adv. I do understand the internals and how they work. Similar to Fords Magneride and Chevy's, etc.
So, what's confusing...at this point, why the Spec. Sheet says the Adv. will have Amplitude Dampers.
NOW....go to Acuras 19 + minute Reveal video and go to the 16:30 place in the video. Tell me what YOU see happening with the suspension??
I'm not sure. Looks and sounds like Active Dampers. You suspension experts out there....tell us what you think?? There is an obvious contradiction
between this video and the Spec Sheet. IMHO

2. Tire Size: The '20 Adv. had 265/45/20 all season tires. Check the comparison to the new tire. 255/50/20. Sidewall a little taller, tire slightly narrower.
For a better ride? That's what the sizing indicates.

3. Performance Air Suspension - Type S: Didn't see this coming for any Acura. Did I miss something along the way?? Another surprise. So, it begs the question,
where is the "Active (Adaptive) Dampers for ANY of the MDX models??? LOL!!! I'm lost for now....but, again, I think that point in the video... 16:30 in, is that telling???

4. Fuel Tank: Just a small tid bit. Gen 3 had a 19.5 gal. tank. Now this new Gen 4 has an 18.5 gal. tank. We lost a gallon but, yet, the fuel mileage is not any better? LOL!!

5. A-Spec Interior: Love the look of the extended red leather and red surfaces. But, someone pointed out the use of so much gloss black. I went back to the photo, and sure
enough, lots of gloss black. That's not smart. Too shiny, prone to scratching..normally...and just too "glittery" compared to the overall nice looking interior materials. Weird. A turn off for me. I'm getting the Advance anyway...since it has more "goodies" than the A-Spec. Wife's call...it's her driver.

Something better start making sense soon. My dealer is placing his MDX order next Monday. What I want is to be on that order. And at this point in time, I don't EXACTLY know
what I'm going to get if I order the Advance. I asked him IF he has HIS Order Guide so he can compile the order for next Monday. IF so...I WANT TO SEE IT. LOL!!! He will send it to me...IF he has one that is accurate...I would hope.

This mystery of "models" and this saga will continue for awhile. Gives us car nerds something to have fun with, argue over, lament over, be pissed about, wanting to throw
darts at the Acura logo on the wall, and in the end...we will buy the MDX of our choosing and most likely love the heck out of it. LOL...!!

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 12-09-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-09-2020, 04:28 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,152 Likes on 823 Posts
Still need more info such as "surround view backup camera", "folding exterior mirrors", "ventilation seats", "real spare tires", etc., etc.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:56 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Still need more info such as "surround view backup camera", "folding exterior mirrors", "ventilation seats", "real spare tires", etc., etc.
Yes, on ventilated seats for A-Spec and Adv. Heated on ALL MDX's. Surround view on Advance. Power folding mirrors on Tech, A-Spec, and Adv. Spare, doughnut tires have been around..for some time..for those who don't know this....on SH-Awd versions. I have one in my '19 Adv. AWD, and again, not just because it's an Adv. It's because it's AWD.

Now, the Spec Sheet seems to indicate this on the Spare Tire: The Base and Tech get them if they have Sh-Awd, and the A-Spec and Adv. get them because of their model and they
have Sh-Awd as std. Kinda/sorta the same thing.

Edward'TLS (12-09-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 06:20 PM
Pro

Uhhh...yeah, that's what I wrote. Did you see that in my post?
Doh! I missed that
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (12-09-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 09:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
For better or worse, our dealer has placed the following for us: 2022 MDX Advance, with SH-AWD, Liquid Graphite Metallic with Ebony Leather!
The following 2 users liked this post by Gen4MDX:
ELIN (12-10-2020), KidK (12-13-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 10:24 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by tsturbo
For better or worse, our dealer has placed the following for us: 2022 MDX Advance, with SH-AWD, Liquid Graphite Metallic with Ebony Leather!
Cool. Congrats. Mine will be done next Monday. Platinum White Pearl/Parchment, Advance. Wife's toy.
And I really believe....for the better!!
ELIN (12-10-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 06:45 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,192 Posts
I'm really disappointed with no plans for a 4th Gen Hybrid for now. I really love the 4th Gen's new interior, suspension upgrades, and improvements with the powertrain over the 3rd Gen 3.5L sh-awd. Unfortunately, I might be taking a step back in performance+handling+mpgs with the 4th Gen MDX compared to my current 19 MDX hybrid. I went hybrid because of being down on power living/driving at 5000-7500 ft in NM. My 3.7L 11 MDX felt like 3.2L - 3.5L depending on the elevation. I'll be back in the same boat without the help of turbo(s) or electric power. I still think the 17-20 MDX exterior looks very similar to the +22 MDX to the point a non-Acura person wouldn't notice the differences unless the MDXs are sitting side-by-side.

The new 2nd Gen TLX lost 2 cylinders; but, gained 200-250 lbs over the 1st Gen TLX depending on the trim level. I haven't seen (or looked) to see if the 4th Gen MDX put on a few pounds along with the same hp/tq 3.5L engine.

moose66 (12-10-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 12:37 PM
Drifting

In the Acura video, placing a stroller in the trunk was possible with the third row up. While impressive, I would be surprised if it could take my full-size golf bag and Clicgear push cart.

While the 2nd-row pass-through is fulfilling a much-requested feature, the individual Captain's chairs don't look very comfortable and look more like upgraded bench cast-offs with the middle removed.
I had a 2011 Sienna with true Captain's chairs in the 2nd row. It came with a tiny fill-in chair that filled the gap b/w the chairs for 8-passenger duty. When not in use, that tiny chair was foldable and stored in the trunk. That's a more elegant solution compared to what I see in the upcoming MDX.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:47 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Active/Adaptive Dampers for the Advance???

Anyone know for sure. I know the Spec Sheet says..."Amplitude dampers" for all MDX's...but, the Type S.

Look at that Reveal Video that is 19+ min. long. Go to 16:30 and see IF there is something "telling" there about the suspension settings????
Seems like it it does have Adaptive.....so, I'm still trying to find out what's real and what is not.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:16 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Unhappy MDX Arrival and issues with my large dealership

So, I got off the phone 30 min ago going over status with 2022's, and other basic info. with my New Car Sales Mgr. known for years.

Acura has been dumping '20 MDX's on dealers...which I knew about, but, my dealer is SOOO frustrated, since they have 102 new '20
MDX's on the ground with more coming!!! There are some big incentives possible for Leases right now...but, he agrees with me Acura
will have to "step up" with more incentives soon. Acura is slowing down the early deliveries of the 2022 due to all the '20's on the ground.

So, his first order was for only the allowed number of 4 MDX's. No choice on color, etc. Acura is sending them for the advertised date of Feb. 2nd
to have on the ground. He places his 2nd order next Monday. He believes they'll let him order approx. 14-15 MDX's. Mine will be one of them. And
he knows he will sell all of the approx. 18 fairly quickly after arrival. They would like to have a lot more. But, Acura knows they have to move all those
'20 models. And, he has no info on the MDX's other than what we all have...from the Spec Sheet that was released. He's going to see if Parts has an
Accessory List for the new MDX, and if so, he'll send it to me. He knows that the Build and Price is not up on the Acura site.

Crazy....and, he has zero info from Acura on the Type S.....or on the Type S, TLX. Not helpful for them or us. Acura is just bad about getting info out there,
especially as they launch this all new MDX which is going to be a big deal. He sees something..???....coming from Acura on how to get the TLX sales moving.
They are quality cars...but, just not moving off the lots.

Some of you, I know, have dealers that MAY have a direct inside communication source that most dealers do not have. If so, and it's reliable, please let us all
know...esp. the ones that know they are buying one of the MDX models...like me.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:39 PM
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts
local dealer has 2 advanced 2020 on the lot ZERO hybrids, 18 Tech and a slew of base models. They haven't had any 2020 hybrids since about april The other dealer has 1 advance, zero hybrids, 30 some base and a dozen or so tech packages.

Not a whole lot different than in the FEB, March time when we were looking, except then there were about a dozen hybrids available

and each as a pmc edition.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:18 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by MCRacer
local dealer has 2 advanced 2020 on the lot ZERO hybrids, 18 Tech and a slew of base models. They haven't had any 2020 hybrids since about april The other dealer has 1 advance, zero hybrids, 30 some base and a dozen or so tech packages.

Not a whole lot different than in the FEB, March time when we were looking, except then there were about a dozen hybrids available

and each as a pmc edition.
Small dealership? I know that location, and most importantly Acura looks at the history of a dealership and their success. Mine happens to be..normally...within the top 20 Acura
dealerships in the U.S. At times they have been in the top 10...and in the top 5. I guess Acura thinks they can sell all these '20's they've dumped on them. Again, they DID NOT order
all these '20 MDX's. They are NOT happy with so many of them....amazing....over 100 '20 MDX's!! That's crazy. They wouldn't mind having maybe 30 or so....and feel they can move
them, with Acura Incentives, before the 2022's really get going. But, they are stressed now with the "push" to get these units moved.
OH...he did say that many of the units are base models. NOT what they normally like to have on the lot.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:45 PM
Pro

They took off the reference of “air suspension” on the Acura site. Hmmm!
Old 12-12-2020, 12:52 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
So, I got off the phone 30 min ago going over status with 2022's, and other basic info. with my New Car Sales Mgr. known for years.

Acura has been dumping '20 MDX's on dealers...which I knew about, but, my dealer is SOOO frustrated, since they have 102 new '20
MDX's on the ground with more coming!!! There are some big incentives possible for Leases right now...but, he agrees with me Acura
will have to "step up" with more incentives soon. Acura is slowing down the early deliveries of the 2022 due to all the '20's on the ground.

So, his first order was for only the allowed number of 4 MDX's. No choice on color, etc. Acura is sending them for the advertised date of Feb. 2nd
to have on the ground. He places his 2nd order next Monday. He believes they'll let him order approx. 14-15 MDX's. Mine will be one of them. And
he knows he will sell all of the approx. 18 fairly quickly after arrival. They would like to have a lot more. But, Acura knows they have to move all those
'20 models. And, he has no info on the MDX's other than what we all have...from the Spec Sheet that was released. He's going to see if Parts has an
Accessory List for the new MDX, and if so, he'll send it to me. He knows that the Build and Price is not up on the Acura site.

Crazy....and, he has zero info from Acura on the Type S.....or on the Type S, TLX. Not helpful for them or us. Acura is just bad about getting info out there,
especially as they launch this all new MDX which is going to be a big deal. He sees something..???....coming from Acura on how to get the TLX sales moving.
They are quality cars...but, just not moving off the lots.

Some of you, I know, have dealers that MAY have a direct inside communication source that most dealers do not have. If so, and it's reliable, please let us all
know...esp. the ones that know they are buying one of the MDX models...like me.
Holy crapoli. This post prompted me to look at my local dealers. The dealer we bought ours from, 124 '20 MDXs sitting on lots. That's almost the amount of the rest of the fleet combined. Others have 178, 148 (this dealer has 138 RDXs and 132 TLXs tho), 204 (wow!) and 168 sitting on lots. It looks like TLXs aren't moving well either, though I'm sure the uptick in Covid in the area isn't helping drive people to dealers right now. Still, I'm shocked there are that many MDXs sitting around for well over a year now. I'm not keen on 2020 Acuras with the interior build quality of my own, lol ... but some people are going to get a killer deals on these things now that the 2022s are announced and expected to hit dealer lots in a couple months.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by leomio85
Holy crapoli. This post prompted me to look at my local dealers. The dealer we bought ours from, 124 '20 MDXs sitting on lots. That's almost the amount of the rest of the fleet combined. Others have 178, 148 (this dealer has 138 RDXs and 132 TLXs tho), 204 (wow!) and 168 sitting on lots. It looks like TLXs aren't moving well either, though I'm sure the uptick in Covid in the area isn't helping drive people to dealers right now. Still, I'm shocked there are that many MDXs sitting around for well over a year now. I'm not keen on 2020 Acuras with the interior build quality of my own, lol ... but some people are going to get a killer deals on these things now that the 2022s are announced and expected to hit dealer lots in a couple months.
Similar situation by me. I’m glad I got rid of the 2018 MDX early. With the pending blowout sales on the 2020’s, there won’t be a big difference in price b/w 2018 and 2020 models!
Old 12-12-2020, 06:03 PM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
There is a paragraph about 290 HPJ35 used in 2022 MDX. Anyone has any idea what has changed from previous engine used in 2020 MDX?
Old 12-12-2020, 06:12 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by alpha0
There is a paragraph about 290 HPJ35 used in 2022 MDX. Anyone has any idea what has changed from previous engine used in 2020 MDX?
Doesn’t sound like any change unless you get the Type S in the summer.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:18 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Doesn’t sound like any change unless you get the Type S in the summer.
I've been trying to figure out IF it's any different than the '20 version of the 3.5. The Reveal on Dec. 8th, on page 8
describes the "Advanced Powertrain", and I don't know IF the things mentioned are part of the last 3.5???

1. Friction reducing tech that help boost fuel efficiency
2. Crossflow magnesium intake manifold
3. Special "tumble" type intake ports
4. Piston-crown shapes.............????

I see that the compression ratio is the same at 11.5:1

I just read about Acura's description of the '20 3.5 V6 and it's "tech stuff" and none of the above was mentioned. So, maybe these things
are "new" but, for efficiency and apparently not for any HP gains, etc. ???

But, we do know this. The "new" 3.5 is mated to a new for Acura...10 speed auto trans that has a wider gear ratio range, more discrete gears, four-gear direct
downshifts and lower first gear compared to the outgoing 9 speed trans. That alone will make the 3.5 feel much better to drive.
When you are cruising, and want to
do a pass....or whatever....and step down on the throttle, it will drop 4 gears and take off!. I think it will do that when you are in 10th. But, I could be wrong about that.
It might drop 4 gears even if you are in 9th or 8th....OR....??? That specific info will prob. be hard to find.

Honestly, I'm just elated that they didn't put the turbo 2.0 4 cyl out of the RDX and TLX in it. Early on many thought they might. I'm happy with the same 3.5
that's in my '19 Adv.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 12-12-2020 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 02:32 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,152 Likes on 823 Posts
^^^^^

A reminder that the new MDX is going to be a couple hundred pounds heavier than the current model. Given that the engine output remains the same for all non-Type-S trims, it is doubtful that the extra forward gear ratio can help much in acceleration performance versus the lighter current model.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:03 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
^^^^^

A reminder that the new MDX is going to be a couple hundred pounds heavier than the current model. Given that the engine output remains the same for all non-Type-S trims, it is doubtful that the extra forward gear ratio can help much in acceleration performance versus the lighter current model.
Agreed. Acura probably wants those on the fence b/w Advance or Type S to go for Type S once the numbers are final. There's a Type S MDX waiting with your name on it, Colorado Guy!
Old 12-13-2020, 06:11 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Agreed. Acura probably wants those on the fence b/w Advance or Type S to go for Type S once the numbers are final. There's a Type S MDX waiting with your name on it, Colorado Guy!
Honestly, I'm betting that the "carryover" 3.5 with the recal. 10 spd will do just fine...probably better than most think. Like I said earlier, I'm just happy
they didn't put the darn 2.0 turbo in it. So, no, I'm not waiting for the Type S. It's my wife's new toy...more so than me. And she will be very happy with it.
I believe....IMHO....that it will be just as quick as my '19 Adv. Let's see what happens in a few months. But, I could care less if it's .2 slower....5 slower or
whatever. That's not what is important in this kind of vehicle. Bottom line, it will be more than adequate with it's power matched up to the new trans.

Now, the TLX...that's a different story. IF I get one, it will be the Type S. And right now, it's at the top of my list.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:16 AM

Honestly, I'm betting that the "carryover" 3.5 with the recal. 10 spd will do just fine...probably better than most think. Like I said earlier, I'm just happy
they didn't put the darn 2.0 turbo in it. So, no, I'm not waiting for the Type S. It's my wife's new toy...more so than me. And she will be very happy with it.
I believe....IMHO....that it will be just as quick as my '19 Adv. Let's see what happens in a few months. But, I could care less if it's .2 slower....5 slower or
whatever. That's not what is important in this kind of vehicle. Bottom line, it will be more than adequate with it's power matched up to the new trans.

Now, the TLX...that's a different story. IF I get one, it will be the Type S. And right now, it's at the top of my list.
Is your dealer giving you any time frame of when to expect the TLX Type-S to be showing up at dealers?
Old 12-14-2020, 03:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Is your dealer giving you any time frame of when to expect the TLX Type-S to be showing up at dealers?
My dealer gave me a range of 1st week in February to the 1st week in March to take delivery barring any slowdowns or shutdowns due to covid. They will collect a $500 deposit/down payment in early January.

Last edited by Gen4MDX; 12-14-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:59 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

No, the last time we talked he had zero....nothing on the TLX Type S. But, he knows I am to be on the first order. I want the Apex Blue Pearl w/
the red interior. I MAY order those opt. lightweight Y spoke wheels, but, they do come with HP summer tires, which I don't want. And then too, I'm
not a fan of such dark wheels. I want the style but, lighter in shading. Vossen has them, but, pricey. So, may just take the stock wheels/tires, since
I'll put my own wheels/tires on it anyway. IF I got the opt. ones, he would buy them off the car, but, I'd have to get what they cost on the Order Guide.
We'll see how that goes.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:26 PM
Burning Brakes

No, the last time we talked he had zero....nothing on the TLX Type S. But, he knows I am to be on the first order. I want the Apex Blue Pearl w/
the red interior. I MAY order those opt. lightweight Y spoke wheels, but, they do come with HP summer tires, which I don't want. And then too, I'm
not a fan of such dark wheels. I want the style but, lighter in shading. Vossen has them, but, pricey. So, may just take the stock wheels/tires, since
I'll put my own wheels/tires on it anyway. IF I got the opt. ones, he would buy them off the car, but, I'd have to get what they cost on the Order Guide.
We'll see how that goes.
You are getting the Advance or A-spec? Are you thinking the optional dark/black 20” wheel shown on the Advance? Isn’t this the same wheel which comes stock on the Advance but in brushed aluminum/chrome?
Old 12-15-2020, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by tsturbo
You are getting the Advance or A-spec? Are you thinking the optional dark/black 20” wheel shown on the Advance? Isn’t this the same wheel which comes stock on the Advance but in brushed aluminum/chrome?
No, he's referring to the Type-S wheels.
Gen4MDX (12-15-2020)

Quick Reply: 4th Gen 2022 MDX - Will They Give Us What We Want?