Yay Potholes!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rim Repair after Pothole

In searching for places that repair bent rims I found 2 - Wheel Collision in PA and here in NJ a place that is a mobile unit that will home to your home - Jersey Shore Alloy Wheel Repair.

Anybody familiar with them?
Old 05-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Does the NJ one have a website? I wonder if they remove scrapes and scratches too.

The PA one has a website - and as a bonus - must be the owners wife in some pics - almost bent my rim on purpose just to meet her

Originally Posted by jrogers345
In searching for places that repair bent rims I found 2 - Wheel Collision in PA and here in NJ a place that is a mobile unit that will home to your home - Jersey Shore Alloy Wheel Repair.

Anybody familiar with them?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TBone2004
Does the NJ one have a website? I wonder if they remove scrapes and scratches too.

The PA one has a website - and as a bonus - must be the owners wife in some pics - almost bent my rim on purpose just to meet her

Yes - it's www.jsalloy.com. Soumds like they do scratches, etc.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Advanced

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Damn, I only thought potholes were that size here in the Cleveland area . In the city of Cleveland itself, if the city knew about a pothole and you hit it, they say they'll pay. They've got pothole crews out on a regular basis, so they have to know at least about major thoroughfares. OTOH, I can only imagine how hard it is to get the city to admit to knowing about a pothole....
Unfortunely the city of Leavland will not fix a wheel , happened to me this past september. They will hand you a line of legal BS , they are broke just as the state is .
Old 05-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Yep. Just got my letter back from NJ - they are not liable because basically prior to my claim they were not told the pothole was there and even if they were told, they are allowed "reasonable" time to fix it. So I need to find a pothole, report it, hope it goes unfixed for a couple months, then slap my old rim back on and then put in the claim.

How can the state get away with that? - Let's say there are broken bottles in my lawn and little Johnny from down the street comes walking by, falls in my grass and cuts his face all up - I can turn and say "I am not responsible because I did not know the glass was there and had I known, I should be given sufficient time to clean this up" Is that how that works?

Enjoy my Tax dollars NJ you pirates!

Originally Posted by rozslvk
Unfortunely the city of Leavland will not fix a wheel , happened to me this past september. They will hand you a line of legal BS , they are broke just as the state is .
Old 05-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
How can the state get away with that? - Let's say there are broken bottles in my lawn and little Johnny from down the street comes walking by, falls in my grass and cuts his face all up - I can turn and say "I am not responsible because I did not know the glass was there and had I known, I should be given sufficient time to clean this up" Is that how that works?
Sheeeeeeeeit!!!!!! Your insurance company will pay out. Then, your rates will go up, if they don't drop you. Hell, I had an incident inside my house in which a person was injured...they were not nor had they ever been invited into my house...policy says I'm not liable and they won't pay if the person isn't invited in...they paid anyway...wanna guess what happened next?

Bottom line, what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander. Government will do what they want when they want with your money (and you have no recourse), but you are responsible immediately for anything and everything. Amazing how that works...
Old 05-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Team AM #123

i just hit a pothole the other day and BANG! my tire pop, saw a hole on the sidewall, good thing the rim wasnt bent or crack

HATE potholes!!
Old 05-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Peach Tea

that pothole is a joke compared to ones in Richmond, VA. I'd gladly drive into that one.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Racer

I called the Twp. of Princeton about their pothole and my damaged tire/rim. I was told that they would send me the paperwork to fill out for their insurance co., but probably wouldn't be reimbursed since the pothole is an "act of nature". F**k!!! It's an act of poor road maintenance. This is a pothole their aware of and that they fill a few times a year. This is what they told me.

So, I'm going to go thru the process of filling out paperwork, but doesn't sound promising.

BTW Tbone, from the pict you have, you're into Chargers? I use to have a 69.

Janice

Yep. Just got my letter back from NJ - they are not liable because basically prior to my claim they were not told the pothole was there and even if they were told, they are allowed "reasonable" time to fix it. So I need to find a pothole, report it, hope it goes unfixed for a couple months, then slap my old rim back on and then put in the claim.

Enjoy my Tax dollars NJ you pirates!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Boondocks fanatic.....

Originally Posted by jrogers345
I called the Twp. of Princeton about their pothole and my damaged tire/rim. I was told that they would send me the paperwork to fill out for their insurance co., but probably wouldn't be reimbursed since the pothole is an "act of nature". F**k!!! It's an act of poor road maintenance. This is a pothole their aware of and that they fill a few times a year. This is what they told me.

So, I'm going to go thru the process of filling out paperwork, but doesn't sound promising.

BTW Tbone, from the pict you have, you're into Chargers? I use to have a 69.

Janice
It's as simple as this. These guys are responsible for maintaining the road. They should have had this problem fixed. Since they didn't fix the problem, they should pay for your rim. End of story.

As I get older I grow more tired of repeated attempts to slide boolsheit under my nose.......
Old 06-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Russdaddy
It's as simple as this. These guys are responsible for maintaining the road. They should have had this problem fixed. Since they didn't fix the problem, they should pay for your rim. End of story.

As I get older I grow more tired of repeated attempts to slide boolsheit under my nose.......

That's exactly my attitude. Princeton is a rich town. Multimillion dollar homes, exclusive shops, etc. but a friend of mine who works for another dept in the township says they have a budget of $100,000/yr for road work!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Team Anthracite Member

It is maddening - total scam. I guess I was naive enough to think that since we pay taxes - a portion (apparently small) goes to road maintenance. I'm the fool. There are parts of 287 that I am afraid to leave the one lane I know is relatively clear and pothole free to pass someone driving slow. I cannot be dropping $$$ on new rims. This was the first time I bent a rim ever. The roads took a beating this winter and since they do very little in way of preventative repairs - they are going to get even worse. Wait till hurricane season kicks in - any gravel or dirt that is at least providing some fill in these holes will be gone. It is a joke.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Pro

Sorry to hear about that! I definitely feel your pain though. I bent my OEM TLS front left rim and shredded my tire on I 94 hitting a huge pothole. Yes, it is not covered under warranty and this sucks! Its 275 for my rims and another $230 for the sucky ass stock Michelins MXM4's...grrr MN also has sucky roads as well. Oh well I might be going to aftermarket rims and tires since i feel like i getting ripped off pretty bad for $230 for 17's!
Old 06-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
when you live in a area that has fires, floods and of course earthquakes.........then you get really big potholes. Sorry bout your rim, but look on the bright side, at least it was stock.